First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
We had a similar issue with our '18 Platinum 5.0. went through all the testing your doing, driving to the dealer every 1,000 miles for Checking.
Report to Ford, new dipstick which I thought was odd. During that next, 3,000 and the testing, the oil consumption stopped. Very weird. Sold the truck at 38,000 miles and never used oil again. Good luck!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mikesoffroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Jeep CJ7, 2007 Jeep JKU, coming Ford F150 KR
Occupation
Training Superintendent
New engines buring oil is "not the stupiest". This is fact. My eco boost used about 1 quart before first oil change. 0 since.

Not saying yours is normal, or not a real issue. Just that statement you made is 100% wrong
I have purchased 6 brand new vehicles in my life. I have never had one burn through a liter of oil every 1000km. I have taken video of start up showing the massive amount of blue smoke that comes out of the exhaust. I am now sitting at 9000km and have burnt 9.5 liters of oil. This is not normal.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have purchased 6 brand new vehicles in my life. I have never had one burn through a liter of oil every 1000km. I have taken video of start up showing the massive amount of blue smoke that comes out of the exhaust. I am now sitting at 9000km and have burnt 9.5 liters of oil. This is not normal.
I said "not saying yours is normal". Sayin new engines can burn oil early then never again. What that guy said is not bs.

Your situation sucks and is not normal.

OP
OP

Mikesoffroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Training Superintendent
Well here is an update on the 2021 KR 5.0l. I am now at 9600km and she has burnt through 11.5 liters of oil. All the dealership is saying is that they are continuing to monitor it. Holy crap at what point do they turn around and say Houston we have a problem here and fix it. anyone want to buy a 2021 KR great shape just burns a tiny bit of oil.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You're getting a new motor.
Just not yet, apparently.
It's not like it's going to just stop consuming

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mikesoffroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Training Superintendent
It is going into the shop in 2 weeks. The head mech says he knows it is the heads but ford wants them to tear it apart to make sure that is the problem. Every time I start the truck even if it has only sat for 30 min it blows a lot of blue smoke. The sad thing is the shop said that once they tear it apart I will not get my truck back until it is fixed. The service manager said that Ford does not pay them to take it apart identify the issue and put it back together. Once apart they will order the heads and when they do come in (potential 3 month backorder) they will put it back together. It bothers me because this was 90k+ truck and it has got to be the biggest piece of shit I have every purchased. On top of this blowing blue smoke I have had 5 recall notices on this thing. The sad thing is Ford doesn't even care about helping the people that have already purchased their vehicles. Sorry rant over.

OP
OP

Mikesoffroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Training Superintendent
Well here is an update on the KR. IN the shop and is being torn apart to replace the PS head. Seems that all the oil burning is coming from that bank. Truck is currently sitting at 14000km and she has consumed just under 16 liters of oil. Every spark plug on the PS is toast according to the mech. Parts are due to arrive med next week so hopefully have a non oil burning truck by Sept. Fingers crossed it all works out. Also had the box cover replaced under warranty and the driveshaft. It is going to be a new truck when it comes home.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Good luck, good that they finally did something about it

did the say what the actual problem with the head was? Back in the day changing valve guide seals was a big deal, but not sure if these new motors have them.

OP
OP

Mikesoffroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Training Superintendent
Hopefully I can explain it correctly. The way I took it is that with the cylinder deactivation there is a spring that holds the valves in the closed position. This is to stop oil from entering the combustion chamber. I guess there was a bad patch of springs (weak). This allowed the valve to drop just a bit which caused oil to enter the cylinder. So when it would be fired up the next time all that oil burnt off. Hope that makes sense, that is the way it was explained to me. Fingers crossed it is the issue because starting this truck was getting very embarrassing with the amount of oil it would some times burn off.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Been checkin the oil since I picked it up in August. Usually do with new vehicles.

I am at 1886 miles with zero oil consumption.
Sponsored