First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
I have never really liked the options for tailgate steps. They always seem to involve way to much work to use them. Open this. Drop that. Put the stripper pole up. etc....My last truck I installed a bumper step. Loved it. Super fast and easy and it drops to a level that is very comfortable. (unlike other brands with the built in step on the side of the bumper...too high to use many times).
Anyway, I just want to share this for those that might be looking for an easy add that is very practical. Especially those of us whos knees no longer allow jumping in and out of the truck bed. IT tucks up out of the way. You can lower and raise it with your foot.
Ford F-150 Bumper Step images_ePIM_original_AMP75312-01A_w760_h500_cr_q75
Sponsored

OP
OP

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
I probably should have checked to see if they fit the 21's yet. I hope they do. If not, I am sure they will have the version out soon.

bkool2323

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I called AMP , the 2021 F150 has a changed the hitch configuration. The rep stated the bumper step has to be retooled. He did not give a time frame. So the bumper step from previous f150 will not work. I have this step on my current 2015 f150 and use it all the time.

OP
OP

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Thanks for the update. I pulled mine off to trade tomorrow. Shoot...I guess I will need to order the new one just to get the bracket. Oh well. I like it so much I will not hesitate

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
That's the first time I've heard of the factory installed-tailgate step including a "stripper pole".
Question is 'who wouldn't want one?'
Hmmmmmmm.....potential business opportunity for a Mobile Strip Club?
Plug the disco ball and other special effects into your PowerBoost, and....oh wait another meaning for "PowerBoost"?

Sorry, I better stop before I get myself into trouble....again! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

bkool2323

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Good News! AMP Research has developed a bumper step for the 2021 F150
AMP75328-01A

OP
OP

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Took some time to try my old step today. I had to enlarge the holes for the bolts and that was about it. Fits perfect. The previous generation had a smaller bumper bolt. That seems like the only thing. Took awhile using a step bit but I enlarged just a bit and bolted it on. That just saved me some $$...I Love this step so am very happy.
Sponsored