Sponsored

Bumper + Grill Removal = Recalibration?

johnnySV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
on a High Trim w/ adaptive cruise (Radar) front 360 camera, and parking sensors, if i remove the bumper & grill, then drive the vehicle around the driveway, then re assemble, will this all go back together without codes or the need to re-calibrate sensors, cameras, and/or radar?
Sponsored

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I removed my bumper to paint it which took with it the parking sensors and the radar. I only drove it in and out of the garage. There is no reason to re calibrate it as everything goes right back into place. My $.02. At least I didn't and everything is fine.

OP
OP

johnnySV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
great @jhelray same scenario. did you have error codes when driving it with everything unplugged, and then did those codes clear themselves once everything was plugged back in?

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I REPLACED my front bumper with a FabFours combo bumper/grillguard and finally mounted the radar to a hole that I drilled in the lower fascia. I was terrified that it would be a nightmare, but a year in and I never bothered to recalibrate it because it just worked. I'm gonna say that if my country-engineered mounting solution didn't require a recalibration, neither will yours.
Sponsored