First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I've actually thought about this a lot...

I finally got word that my build week is 3/15/2021 (Ordered 12/9/2020). With the long shipping times that I've been seeing for other CA orders, I feel like it would only take a couple more delays/shortages to push delivery well into summer. At that point, I almost feel like it's worth looking at the 2022s (as well as the new gen Tundra maybe).
Sorry to hear this saga but it’s getting closer.

I’ve been pestering my dealership for a Build Date and VIN for almost 7 weeks now. Today, I was told it was held to Week 10 due to the Interior Work Surface. He expected my truck to be part of the allocation on the week of March 8th. He is verifying with Ford.
Given everything else that’s going on, including the 6 week delay you’ve just experienced, the chip shortage, and the natural gas shortage due to the polar vortex, I won’t hold my breath. I’m resetting my expectations for a build in late April and delivery in late May - in time for my birthday!
Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I've actually thought about this a lot...

I finally got word that my build week is 3/15/2021 (Ordered 12/9/2020). With the long shipping times that I've been seeing for other CA orders, I feel like it would only take a couple more delays/shortages to push delivery well into summer. At that point, I almost feel like it's worth looking at the 2022s (as well as the new gen Tundra maybe).
I am in a similar situation. Ordered 12-11-2020 and original build week was 3-15-2020. I just got word this weekend mine was pushed to 4-5-2020.

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
In a normal year, when would they switch over to the new model year? My build was originally scheduled for 3/1, then 3/15 and I’m suspecting it’s going to get another delay (and if it goes into April then I’m not seeing my truck in WA until mid May).

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
I placed my order back in Aug-26, got a vin# last month scheduled to be built 2-22 now 2-26 hopefully they build it, I’m in the same boat as you guys trying to stay positive and not run out and buy something else.

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
What priority were your orders scheduled under? Trying to find the rhyme or reason to why your builds are being pushed so far.

Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I'm starting to get kind of down and tired about the lack of positive updates. I have a perfectly good 2016 Platinum. I'm excited for the redesign, but these delays are zapping my enthusiasm. Not sure what I want to do. And - I haven't been waiting as long as some people on here.

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
What priority were your orders scheduled under? Trying to find the rhyme or reason to why your builds are being pushed so far.
When the order was placed it was under priority 14, then 10, now the new rep at the dealer says that he ask for it to be priority 1 not sure if there’s such thing 1. The rep text me last week and gave me a build date of 2-26.

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
When the order was placed it was under priority 14, then 10, now the new rep at the dealer says that he ask for it to be priority 1 not sure if there’s such thing 1. The rep text me last week and gave me a build date of 2-26.
Yah 1-9 is supposed to be super high priority, don't think they can request that level priority unless there is an issue. Looks like they kicked you to the front of the line which is great.
Sponsored