First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I just brought it up, it's still there. No sticker though...
The sticker that was there a month ago has not been there for awhile. I used a tracker on a different forum to look at my truck status which is where I saw the shift of ETAenddate to 10/31

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Had the chance to buy a just delivered platty PB almost identical to my custom build yesterday. They wouldn’t budge on MSRP and bid 3k less on my trade. Overall, I would have paid 9k more than my deal with my current dealer. I’m frustrated that I’m still waiting but couldn’t justify the premium. Plan now is to put some fresh oil in the 170k 2010 F150 and get it through one more summer…

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
My order just got pushed to an ETA of 10/31 as well. Ordered 3/6, 4/1 "produced", 1FTFW1ED9MFB50797, 605R

Sponsored

Mjangelo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade ext, 68, 77, 99 corvette
Occupation
CPA
People from this build week that have been pushed out to 10/31 ETAs, could you post your VIN and Order Number please? I'm putting together some data to send up the chain at Ford. Can't promise it will result in anything, but I think it would be helpful if it gets to the right person. Thanks.
1ftfw1e85mfb25849, 0126
Ordered 1/26, production 4/1, nothing since, window sticker disappeared a month ago

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
My F150 Lariat PB was ordered 1/15/21. Build 3/1 Been parked for 2 months without chip. My ETA is now 10/30/21. Two local dealers received identical trucks last week ordered first week of March. Both want 5K over MSRP. No Deals Would cost me 10K over my deal. I'll wait. My regional rep had my dealer order another truck to match mine last week thinking it would arrive earlier than my first order.

RJ_986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Here is an example of a dealer order produced on 03-31 that will be delivered in few days.
1FTFW1E83MFB36798 blue sticker.

But hey, you know....special orders first right?

Unreal that Ford corporate would flat out lie to customers with special orders placed.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
DId the 3/22 week turn out ok? Most of us like myself in 3/15 dearborn are still waiting for chips.
3/22 build week is in the same boat as us. He's talking about 3/22 week orders. The ones that were built starting in May at least.

At this point there are people who ordered 1 month after my truck was built taking delivery. And stock orders made around that time showing up at dealerships as well.

Sponsored

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
If it's not sitting in your driveway, you need to go order another one. If that truck was built on March 30th that means it's been sitting outdoors in the weather in a rodent infested lot for MONTHS... "waiting on parts"? I don't think so! People who ordered trucks the week before your truck was built are driving them now.

That means your truck doesn't have a "parts availability issue"... it has a "been damaged from sitting" issue.

I currently have 3 identical trucks on order with 3 different dealers. I'll take the 1st one that shows up "NEW", cancel the other two and collect my fully refundable deposits.

New trucks sit on Dealership lots for months too. But they get started, driven and washed regularly.
Do you think anybody has been doing that with YOUR truck since they parked it?

It's not a "new" truck anymore. Order another one.
I got a $14,000 discount and it's a 24 month lease. No way I get that discount on a new order now, so it just makes sure I'll return the keys at the end of the lease. Besides, I'm going for the Lightning next. But yeah, how effin' frustrating.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ya, I'm sure Ford is parking and sitting on hundreds or thousands of trucks because they love investing the money in parts and labor then not getting paid by the consumer for months. What possible motive would Ford have to hold back trucks for no reason? It can't be to drive up the cost of the trucks at the dealer, Ford only gets Invoice price, the dealers may make more money if they price above MSRP but they also risk losing customers to Dodge or GM if they price the trucks too high.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Ya, I'm sure Ford is parking and sitting on hundreds or thousands of trucks because they love investing the money in parts and labor then not getting paid by the consumer for months. What possible motive would Ford have to hold back trucks for no reason? It can't be to drive up the cost of the trucks at the dealer, Ford only gets Invoice price, the dealers may make more money if they price above MSRP but they also risk losing customers to Dodge or GM if they price the trucks too high.
Based on discussions with a regional rep the decision to park partially built trucks and install chips was a disaster. The "teams" required to complete this task proved to be much more labor intensive than expected. There are only a limited amount chips and a decision was made early on to divert most of the chips to the factory where they could produce complete vehicles exponentially faster. The byproduct was rare inventory on the dealer lots where they are able to charge 5-10K over MSRP. A reward for the dealers, BUT in turn they screwed the customers who special ordered trucks. The lack of F150's has caused all brands to have short inventory so they are also charging MSRP. A perfect storm.
They have to keep the truck line running. I personally believe they have made a decision to continue plant production full bore and deal with the parked vehicles in a slow pace again saying F*** You to loyal customers. Ironically they just hired a communications guru from the Obama/ Clinton administration. Looks like another attempt to mask and cover up a huge Jim Farley disaster.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Just talked to my dealer and I can get the same deal on a new custom order…plan is to order a new platty PB Thursday with the onboard scales. Ideally, the new order will finish earlier than the February purgatory order. If, by some miracle, the older one ships first, I might still wait to get the onboard scales and a fresh off the line truck rather than a 5+ month sitting one. We shall see…

Wrench

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 California Special
People from this build week that have been pushed out to 10/31 ETAs, could you post your VIN and Order Number please? I'm putting together some data to send up the chain at Ford. Can't promise it will result in anything, but I think it would be helpful if it gets to the right person. Thanks.
Anything to perhaps get my truck here faster! My VIN is 1FTFW1ED0MFB40692 and order number is 0886.
Sponsored