Sponsored

Build W/ 3/29

Sboyd55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ordered Limited with PB and 4x4 on 1/28. In production as of 3/31. Currently have 10/31 date like so many others. Just sent tweet to @Ford with #F150SittingOutsideForMonths.
Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Ordered Limited with PB and 4x4 on 1/28. In production as of 3/31. Currently have 10/31 date like so many others. Just sent tweet to @Ford with #F150SittingOutsideForMonths.
Had a long conversation today with an inside person. Ford is taking a big hit for each vehicle they revive from the parking lot. Thousands of dollars. They have decided to limit this blood letting and slowly release these while pumping most of the chips through the factory on quick new profitable builds. Sales are down significantly. Some say 30%. Ford is the only vehicle manufacturer down as compared to 2019. At this point they really don't care how long the parked trucks take to ship. How many of us are going to realize we are going to get a truck that is a model year old when it finally ship?

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Had a long conversation today with an inside person. Ford is taking a big hit for each vehicle they revive from the parking lot. Thousands of dollars. They have decided to limit this blood letting and slowly release these while pumping most of the chips through the factory on quick new profitable builds. Sales are down significantly. Some say 30%. Ford is the only vehicle manufacturer down as compared to 2019. At this point they really don't care how long the parked trucks take to ship. How many of us are going to realize we are going to get a truck that is a model year old when it finally ship?
How is that possible to lose $1,000s of dollars? They aren't earning money by letting them sit there. I am not going to wait for 10/31 for my 1/7 order. My 2005 is falling apart, AC just gave out.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
How is that possible to lose $1,000s of dollars? They aren't earning money by letting them sit there. I am not going to wait for 10/31 for my 1/7 order. My 2005 is falling apart, AC just gave out.
Because the plant can build and ship roughly 14,000 F150 a week. They are only able to complete a small number of the 7000 plus parked F150s a week. No data on that number but it’s only a few hundred. They do not have unlimited chips. The plant has been dark all week. So the financial decision is run 15,000 trucks in a week that bill immediately or fix a few hundred. Which so you think is more profitable? Dealers are selling every truck arriving for over MSRP so both Ford and the dealer are benefiting. Ford’s CEO has already reduced their revenue expectations from 8-9 billion to 5.5-6 billion for 2021. Investors are looking for the best for the bottom line not the customer.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Placing a job #2 order today. I’ve given up on my parking lot build.

Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Thanks for sharing that bit of information. My 03/30 build KR PB has been sitting since April 1st.

OP
OP
Steve2352

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
Placing a job #2 order today. I’ve given up on my parking lot build.
Did the dealer resist placing the 2nd order or are they happy to sell the old order when it comes in for probably more than you negotiated back before everything hit the fan. I know I got a good discount on the truck I ordered in Feb

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Did the dealer resist placing the 2nd order or are they happy to sell the old order when it comes in for probably more than you negotiated back before everything hit the fan. I know I got a good discount on the truck I ordered in Feb
Dealer processed my second order, no deposit, and honored the well below MSRP he originally sold the truck to me for.

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Who was the inside person, a dealer or someone in corporate?

Sponsored

junkmail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ford F-150 Build W/ 3/29 1E0F386E-0664-4A0D-A813-41268C1E0EE8

XLT Sport, 302A, Powerboost. Dealer stock order on 07 Jan, blend date 26 Mar, produced 31 Mar. I placed deposit on 14 Apr. Ramp 59—26 Apr to 02 May, returned from offsite 08 May. Tracker estimated delivery 14 May, bumped to 25 May, bumped again to 19 Jun. Delivered to dealer 08 Jun. Took delivery 09 Jun after test drive and inspection. Hope the delivery dates get pushed up for everyone still waiting.

OP
OP
Steve2352

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I ordered 2 more identical trucks from 2 different dealers the day after Ford pulled the rug out from under my original build date.

BOTH dealers not only knew I already had a truck on order... they used my build sheet to make sure they were
ordering the same truck.

I’m not trying to pull a fast one on anybody. I just want my damn truck and I don’t believe a word that comes from Ford anymore.

They know there’s a good chance I’ll be canceling and collecting my fully refundable deposit but they don’t care. They need inventory and they know they’ll have no problem selling the truck if I back out.
Good for you. I was just curious because I contacted my dealer about ordering a new truck so appreciate you inut

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
You need to ask the dealer several things. What kind of allocation they have for the next few weeks for your level vehicle. What commodity limitations they have. How many and at what priority level unscheduled orders they have ahead of you and what priority they are going to give your order. This may vary drastically from dealer to dealer. Your dealer may have to sit on your order for several weeks before it is scheduled.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Getting invoice pricing again. I ordered a fully loaded platinum PB so they aren’t afraid of selling it at a premium when it comes in.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Apparently Ford announced today that they’re not taking anymore orders for 2021.
2022 orders start in August.
Now I’m wondering if my 2 orders even went through..
My dealer has my build sheet and is waiting for his order site to update. It’s different that the Ford.com one. The idea was to place the order as soon as it is available. Where did you hear they are stopping 21 orders?
Sponsored