• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Build back American bill passes [ CLOSED DUE TO DELETED POLITICS POSTS]

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Sorry, no incentives for people who can afford to pay full price.
New credit applies to all.

The bill changes the EV tax credit to fully refundable so even if you have zero tax liability or don't earn enough (>$70k+/-) for the full rebate you can claim it.

Idea is to motivate people to buy EV's something we need to as a matter of US national policy.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
If I read correctly, because the senate intends to pass the bill using reconciliation, it will not require going back to the house. I could be wrong but that's how I understood the process.
If nothing is changed it doesn't have to go back to the house, but it is expected that the senate will change it which will make it go back.
Sotek is correct.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Sweet, so if I get the Poverty edition F150 for $38k I get $12k back from Uncle Sugar. Grifting is good as long as it is for me and not for thee. Funny, that tax credit is better than what I got per year for the first few years I was in Uncle Sams Navy.....

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
If I read correctly, because the senate intends to pass the bill using reconciliation, it will not require going back to the house. I could be wrong but that's how I understood the process.
Nope, any changes will require a vote in both houses.

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Grifting is good as long as it is for me and not for thee
Biden's bill fixes the EV credit so it applies to EVERYBODY.

Idea it to boost EV sales. All ideas welcome.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Has any members commenting really bothered to read the BBB? The .pdf vs has’s 2,468 pages for your enjoyment. Come on Ford, open up the order banks and let’s see who wants the Lightning without any tax credits. Anybody reading this know how to put up one of them polls? I’d be interested to know who’s buying without tax credits? Who’s buying only with tax credits?

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
Has any members commenting really bothered to read the BBB? The .pdf vs has’s 2,468 pages for your enjoyment. Come on Ford, open up the order banks and let’s see who wants the Lightning without any tax credits. Anybody reading this know how to put up one of them polls? I’d be interested to know who’s buying without tax credits? Who’s buying only with tax credits?
I, for one, am buying regardless but the threshold of the tax credit eligibility will dictate my model choice. I have no desire to buy an $80,001 truck for full sticker when an $80,000 truck will only cost me net $67,500.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What would you want to do with your tax dollars, give more tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations for no public good?
BBB does this too by upping the SALT cap. Tax cut for the wealthy.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Either way Our Tax Cut ends in 2025…. Maybe the order banks will be open by then

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I, for one, am buying regardless but the threshold of the tax credit eligibility will dictate my model choice. I have no desire to buy an $80,001 truck for full sticker when an $80,000 truck will only cost me net $67,500.
I'm in the same boat. It's probably irrational but I can't ignore the feeling that a $1 MSRP increase actually ends up costing me up to $12,500.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
BBB does this too by upping the SALT cap. Tax cut for the wealthy.
The bill is not going to pass the House without upping the current $10,000 cap. That's a political reality. I anticipate the current cap ($72,500 for joint filers) will be reduced but not eliminated if the Senate sends a bill back to the House.

People on both ends of the political spectrum seem to have issues with SALT. I'm not going to comment on the merits of SALT deductions, but I'm amused that the Right has finally found a tax cut that they don't like.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
It costs the government nothing, just drains the wallets of the poor taxpayer, their children, their grandchildren, their great grand children…
The only people that will see their taxes go up is those making over 400K/800K filing married. Not “poor “ in my book.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
The bill is not going to pass the House without upping the current $10,000 cap. That's a political reality. I anticipate the current cap ($72,500 for joint filers) will be reduced but not eliminated if the Senate sends a bill back to the House.

People on both ends of the political spectrum seem to have issues with SALT. I'm not going to comment on the merits of SALT deductions, but I'm amused that the Right has finally found a tax cut that they don't like.
Means justifying the ends and vice versa. Disgusting.