• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Build back American bill passes [ CLOSED DUE TO DELETED POLITICS POSTS]

johnnieg1

First Name
johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 jeep hard rock unlimited
Looks like the bill passed $12,500 if qualified federal tax incentive… included in the same bill is hire of 87,000 IRS agents .. so we’re probably all going to get audited after we claim the 12k ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

johnnieg1

First Name
johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 jeep hard rock unlimited
ahhhh ok wasn’t sure i turned on the tv and it was all over the news thanks

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
ahhhh ok wasn’t sure i turned on the tv and it was all over the news thanks
Yeah, the headlines often make it seem further along than it is.

It's definitely a big step in the direction of it getting signed by Biden and made law, but it's got a long way to go still.

Sponsored

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
I would be surprised if it made it through the senate before 2022, if ever.
Unaltered? I agree. I don't expect the union provisions to survive and the amount may come down, but for the bill to die entirely? In my opinion, that's unlikely.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Unaltered? I agree. I don't expect the union provisions to survive and the amount may come down, but for the bill to die entirely? In my opinion, that's unlikely.
The only reason that it might would be the so called framework that was negotiated earlier. But I'm doubtful of that.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Feb at the absolute soonest. If the Senate changes anything it has to go back to the House for a second vote. The closer we get to next Nov, the lower the chances of it passing.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Feb at the absolute soonest. If the Senate changes anything it has to go back to the House for a second vote. The closer we get to next Nov, the lower the chances of it passing.
It will have to go to conference committee first. They negotiate the differences between the bills to come up with something both houses can vote on. Then both Senate and House vote on the negotiated bill.

Sponsored

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It will have to go to conference committee first. They negotiate the differences between the bills to come up with something both houses can vote on. Then both Senate and House vote on the negotiated bill.
I usually have to refer to this gem when trying to figure out what’s happening on Capital Hill.

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Sorry, no incentives for people who can afford to pay full price. Tired of the GD freebies for a certain political parties pet projects!

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
Sorry, no incentives for people who can afford to pay full price. Tired of the GD freebies for a certain political parties pet projects!
That’s the point right? To Is incentivize Americans to switch/purchase ev’s. EV’s are typically more expensive thank ICE vehicles so the tax credit makes sense as an incentive.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If I read correctly, because the senate intends to pass the bill using reconciliation, it will not require going back to the house. I could be wrong but that's how I understood the process.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If I read correctly, because the senate intends to pass the bill using reconciliation, it will not require going back to the house. I could be wrong but that's how I understood the process.
If nothing is changed it doesn't have to go back to the house, but it is expected that the senate will change it which will make it go back.
Sponsored