First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
I thought the 11th digit of your VIN tells you + on my 2016 it was labeled inside the driver door area.
Window Sticker will tell you as well: DRB for Dearborn
i don’t have the truck to look at the sticker or door. It’s at the dealer for who knows how long. My Ford pass shows the VIN # as 1FTFW1ED2MFA49519

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I'm tracking it was built @ the Dearborn plant

Sponsored

OP
OP

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
Got my truck back today with the new module for the turn signal. They took the part from the assembly plant and shipped it. I was told they couldn’t pull one out of a truck they already had on the lot because once it was programmed for a specific truck it couldn’t be programmed for a different truck.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Got my truck back today with the new module for the turn signal. They took the part from the assembly plant and shipped it. I was told they couldn’t pull one out of a truck they already had on the lot because once it was programmed for a specific truck it couldn’t be programmed for a different truck.
Yeah right, more like they want sell the trucks on their lot!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I was told they couldn’t pull one out of a truck they already had on the lot because once it was programmed for a specific truck it couldn’t be programmed for a different truck.
Probably told you this ‘cause you might accept the explanation, but not believe it.

Gotta keep in mind, that this is not the dealer or most likely Ford’s fault, but they will be held accountable for it.

I fully understand the hesitance of removing from another car on the lot. Not only will they need to be paying techs two times for the same thing, but it also ties up a possible sale.

Pretty sure they don’t want to fall into that scene years ago when YUGO dealers were raping new cars for parts because of availability and lead times.
I’d almost bet that half of those new cars were never repaired and sold for scrap ( no great loss)
Sponsored