Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
Hi guys-
Has anyone taken their center console apart? I'm looking for diagrams or instructions/photos on how to take it apart. My center console's rear cupholder lost tension in the 4 tabs that push into the cupholder (snapped elastic ring?), and I'd like to fix it. I could take it to the dealership, but I'm not sure if they're going to mess with me and say it was my fault or not (wasn't, and I picked the truck up just this last Wednesday, April 7). Any help here? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
100% just take it to the dealer. You bought a new truck and have a warranty.

Last thing I would want is to dive into there and break something or worse not be able to fix it and they blame me.

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
Hi guys-
Has anyone taken their center console apart? I'm looking for diagrams or instructions/photos on how to take it apart. My center console's rear cupholder lost tension in the 4 tabs that push into the cupholder (snapped elastic ring?), and I'd like to fix it. I could take it to the dealership, but I'm not sure if they're going to mess with me and say it was my fault or not (wasn't, and I picked the truck up just this last Wednesday, April 7). Any help here? Thanks in advance!
Your dealer shouldn't give you a hard time about it. They should only make something non-warranty eligible if it shows clears signs of abuse. The dealer wants to keep your business, they should go out of their way to be helpful (How it should work anyways)

OP
OP
aika1

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
I called the dealer and they were VERY helpful. The service advisor said that either Ford fixes it or they will. Pretty awesome.

tremorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Tremor
Hi guys-
If anyone is still looking at this issue years later, I made a video showing the very easy fix!
Sponsored