First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Has anyone managed to get the part number for the bolt? Tried finding it on the parts sites but no luck so far. I'm REALLY tempted to just buy a pair of them and swap out with the new torque specs if I can find them.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Has anyone managed to get the part number for the bolt? Tried finding it on the parts sites but no luck so far. I'm REALLY tempted to just buy a pair of them and swap out with the new torque specs if I can find them.
I was thinking the same thing.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Not sure if posting a link to another forum is allowed. If this stays here look at post #15.

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/2021-powerboost-rear-rotor-axle-bolt-sheared-515460/index2/

Part Number: ML3Z-19S426-A
Great find! Thank you sir!

Looks like they run $11.65 per from Tasca. Be ordering a pair of these today! Well if they are not on back-order that is.

Edit- Looks like low quantity on these. Both Tasca and Ancira Ford in Eagle Pass show estimated delivery of 10/26. Something tells me there is going to be a run on these now. :unsure:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same problem just occurred with my truck. 2021 PB max tow. 22k miles. Not certain of build date but summer of 2021. Mine squeaked noticeably. Actually thought I was hearing the brake wear indicator. Dealer said they’ve had at least three others and that Ford would “probably have to do a recall”.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Background - in the Ford Workshop Manual each separate procedure section has its own revision date for the content of that section, it's printed in the header on the first page of each procedure section.

With that being said and FWIW, in the 2022 F-150 Workshop Manual I have, showing the torque specification as in the pic above in Section 205-02C Wheel Hubs and Bearings - 3/4 Floating Axle, Removal and Installation, the Procedure Revision Date is 03/26/2022.

There's no way of knowing exactly what was revised in the procedure on that date, it's possible that the same torque spec was in effect even before that date.

One would hope (dare I say "assume"?) that indicates that trucks built after that date were built using the above torque specification.

Maybe some comfort in that for owners of trucks built after that date, I know I'm gonna cross my fingers and run with it based on my 05/12/2022 Blend Date.

Wishing all the best of luck. ;)... :)

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
Background - in the Ford Workshop Manual each separate procedure section has its own revision date for the content of that section, it's printed in the header on the first page of each procedure section.

With that being said and FWIW, in the 2022 F-150 Workshop Manual I have, showing the torque specification as in the pic above in Section 205-02C Wheel Hubs and Bearings - 3/4 Floating Axle, Removal and Installation, the Procedure Revision Date is 03/26/2022.

One would hope (dare I say "assume"?) that indicates that trucks built after that date were built using the above torque specification.

Maybe some comfort in that for owners of trucks built after that date, I know I'm gonna cross my fingers and run with it based on my 05/12/2022 Blend Date.

Although sometimes it might be easier to revise a manual than reprogram a robot to a new torque spec.

I’m with ya though, fingers crossed.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

Not sure, but mine will once the new bolts arrive later this month.

OP
OP

renffurt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Sales
That's me. That forum allows post updating forever so the table of failures with build-month when provided is here in post #208, I updated it a few hours ago (that's rev #16 since I first posted the table).

FWIW as of now the reported build-months range from May to December 2021 then March and May 2022 (51 total reports, 20 providing build-month, with only two having build-months in 2022, the latter being a delivery date because the owner didn't know their build-month, his truck is parked at a dealer awaiting repair). Make of it what you will.

If you want your failure data added to that list (which would be appreciated) please join and post on that forum thread providing all of the requested data for your failure. I'm not maintaining that on this forum and can't / won't try to cross-reference failure anecdotes between forums because of risk of double-dipping due to different usernames.

Please do not copy that table to this forum, it won't be updated / will be rapidly obsolete; instead link to that post if you want. Thanks.
Mine is one of the 22s on your spreadsheet already.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Swapped the bolts out this weekend and the old ones were surprisingly easy to break loose with just a 3/8 ratchet. Seems like the original bolts were not torqued very high. Might be why they are breaking.

When installing the new ones I started at 52 lbs.ft. but wanted to see what the actual torque was after completing the 90 so I increased the setting on my torque wrench by 10 pounds at a time while continuing to the 90 degree 2nd stage turn. Final torque ended up at 120 lbs.ft. Hopefully this will take care of the problem, but only time will tell on this I guess.

Bfire

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecoboost max tow
Just took my truck in to get an oil change had 15k miles on it and the dealership took off the drivers rear tire and noticed that the axle bolt was sheared off. I have noticed a squeak when hitting the brakes and also some clunking sound when downshifting. Dealership said a week to 2 weeks so will see

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang

Echin

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Lariat Hybrid
This seems to be growing issue with the max tow package.
My 2022 f150 powerboost with the max tow package has fallen victim to the broken /sheered axle bolt. Only 7,000 miles.
So far my local Ford dealership is unaware that this is an issue and the Ford corporate has offered the worst customer services of my life.

Parts are backordered until September 30th and no one seems to know if it is an updated part.

Last thing I want is my truck to be in the shop for month to have this happen to the drivers side the next day. I'm honestly contemplating trading it in and going back to my reliable Ram. Ford offers 10 days of rental car coverage @ 40/day. pretty much a joke.
I am having the same issue sheared axel bolt 2021 Powerboost with max tow package.

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150