Brand New Raptor 37 PP - 237 Miles - Gas Leak

SoCalDawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Love my new Raptor but not loving that it's already on a flatbed. I had been smelling light gas fumes for several days and finally tracked it down to gas leaking onto the metal plate protecting the gas tank. I will say Ford needs a better structure for getting these trucks into a shop in places like LA where lots can have 3-4 week waits for assessment or be outside of the range of Roadside Assistance.

Ford F-150 Brand New Raptor 37 PP - 237 Miles - Gas Leak IMG_0428.JPG
Ford F-150 Brand New Raptor 37 PP - 237 Miles - Gas Leak IMG_0429.JPG
Sponsored

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Welcome to the new normal, its not just a Ford problem, almost every dealer is short staffed with long wait times for service. I made an appt and they were two weeks out, truck was there for three days now part needed is on backorder and it could be months.

OP
OP

SoCalDawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Welcome to the new normal, its not just a Ford problem, almost every dealer is short staffed with long wait times for service. I made an appt and they were two weeks out, truck was there for three days now part needed is on backorder and it could be months.
if it's months we will be giving the truck back.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Feel your pain brother. Sucks not being able to enjoy your hard earned money. Hopefully it will be easy fix.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SoCalDawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Feel your pain brother. Sucks not being able to enjoy your hard earned money. Hopefully it will be easy fix.
Would have been 1000x easier if I could have driven it to a shop. No biggie.. but once Ford Care said that because of it being a gas leak it had to be towed.. and shops near me wouldn’t accept it for weeks, or at all.. Love the truck.. last thing I need is setting it on fire trying to get it to a shop. The tow truck guy even commented that in the few minutes it was on to load the truck he could smell gas quite a bit.

Last edited:

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Would have been 1000x easier if I could have driven it to a shop. No biggie.. but once Ford Care said that because of it being a gas leak it had to be towed.. and shops near me wouldn’t accept it for weeks, or at all.. Love the truck.. last thing I need is setting it on fire trying to get it to a shop. The tow truck guy even commented that in the few minutes it was on to load the truck he could smell gas quite a bit.
Common sense! Lol it’s been bad latently. Not sure why. And Hell yes that thing is bad ass. Love that color combo. Now I have not seen too many of these gas issues. so hoping it’s isolated. By the way it’s dealer 3 days to fix my battery ( put a new one) even the advisor came out and apologized saying they have 1 tech and like 3 advisors quit , and only 2 mechanics. Shit show for sure. When you get your beast back take some more pics mate.

OP
OP

SoCalDawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Common sense! Lol it’s been bad latently. Not sure why. And Hell yes that thing is bad ass. Love that color combo. Now I have not seen too many of these gas issues. so hoping it’s isolated. By the way it’s dealer 3 days to fix my battery ( put a new one) even the advisor came out and apologized saying they have 1 tech and like 3 advisors quit , and only 2 mechanics. Shit show for sure. When you get your beast back take some more pics mate.
I friggin’ LOVE the truck. Boys may love it more than me. It’s imposing but so damn good looking. Hope issue is simple and isolated.

OP
OP

SoCalDawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Took this one when I got it home.
Ford F-150 Brand New Raptor 37 PP - 237 Miles - Gas Leak AF314506-0472-4088-AFC3-2D4CB67087BF

Sponsored

OP
OP

SoCalDawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Love my new Raptor but not loving that it's already on a flatbed. I had been smelling light gas fumes for several days and finally tracked it down to gas leaking onto the metal plate protecting the gas tank. I will say Ford needs a better structure for getting these trucks into a shop in places like LA where lots can have 3-4 week waits for assessment or be outside of the range of Roadside Assistance.

IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
UPDATE:

Shop determined that the fuel leak is coming from the locking ring to the fuel pump. Guys said they had never seen this issue before.. but could tell the spray was coming from it. They are planning to remove the bed to repair it. I am happy with the service from the shop and will be giving them my business for service.

OP
OP

SoCalDawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Truck is home.. with a functioning fuel pump lock ring. They said I there was literally gas sloshing out at certain times vs just a spray.. they did not love having to even run it on the lot until it was fixed.

.. did notice I seem to be getting slightly better mpg 😎

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
For what it’s worth in an emergency JB Weld is an excellent sealant for gas leaks. I always keep two tubes in all my vehicles.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Truck is home.. with a functioning fuel pump lock ring. They said I there was literally gas sloshing out at certain times vs just a spray.. they did not love having to even run it on the lot until it was fixed.

.. did notice I seem to be getting slightly better mpg 😎
Glad to hear! Also glad to hear that not all dealers suck lol