First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Occupation
Network Engineer
There are SOOOO many Boxlink Tie Down options on Amazon. Are there really any difference to all of these? Is there any particular brand everyone seem to like?
Sponsored

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I can't say what is best, nor do I have any reason to believe they aren't all the same. Notice that there are two configurations. One with vertical holes and one with horizontal holes. If you are going to use these cleats it may be handy to have a set of each configuration. My friend bought a set from Amazon. They look, feel, and fit just fine.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
to be honest I am not sure what these are for. my King Ranch came with them. they are just plastic thingers to tie off to I guess. it would be nice to find some accessories that use the mounting point as those seem pretty stout. looking at the options on amazon they dont look much different than the Ford units

Ries

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 5L
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer & Category Buyer
My truck didn’t come with them installed as I didn’t get the package. However I bought the el cheapo set on Amazon and they seem just as stout as the ones that were on the loaner truck I had when my truck was in for warranty/recall work.

Heres the ones I bought…

PFCC 4 Pack Box Link Tie Down Anchors Compatible with F150 F250 F350 2015-2020 Tie Down Cleats - Replaces for FL3Z-99000A64-B https://a.co/d/0Zretj3

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
to be honest I am not sure what these are for. my King Ranch came with them. they are just plastic thingers to tie off to I guess. it would be nice to find some accessories that use the mounting point as those seem pretty stout. looking at the options on amazon they dont look much different than the Ford units
E track stuff fits decently.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Plastic? That's odd. My 21 Lariat PB came with sturdy metal cleats that lock.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP

Ries

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 5L
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer & Category Buyer
These are a cheap option for E Track that would let you make your own bed divider or bed platform.

E-track Wood Beam Socket (harborfreight.com)

Amazon also has some black ones. Get a 2x4 or 2x3 and you can make a number of different things for the bed.
Yup! I bought a set of four of those off Amazon too for like $18. Intended on building a divider to screw into it. Haven’t gotten around to it yet though. Was thinking 2x4 with plywood.

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
I bought the Ford ones from Ford accessories and the description says they're Zinc but they feel kinda plasticy to me. Maybe just a coating? I'd assume they're the same as factory if I'm buying from Ford but I've never compared. They do lock. I payed a little over 100 for the plates and the cleats. Plus I feel like I can complain to my dealer if they turn out crappy as opposed to some rando Amazon company. Not that either will do anything. It's just the mental gymnastics I did to convince myself it was worth the price from Ford.

I would guess that most of what is well reviewed on Amazon is the equivalent of the Ford official accessory but without paying the Ford name. You're probably able to find top rated ones much less.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Yup! I bought a set of four of those off Amazon too for like $18. Intended on building a divider to screw into it. Haven’t gotten around to it yet though. Was thinking 2x4 with plywood.
I'm hoping to use a 2x3 and be able to find generic Molle plates that I can make a divider with that can accept attachments. Pelican makes a Molle plate but I am sure there are others too. This will give me some options and help keep the weight down. Plus let me see through it if need be.

Sponsored

doug56wshs

First Name
Doug Hartman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 Ford Ranger, 2023 F150
Occupation
Pastor
Hoping to get some help here! I just bought the plates and the cleats from ford but the holes in my bed are not threaded? Is this normal?

Trickyrick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT , 2008 F150 XLT
Occupation
Truck Driver , Sysco
The screws are self tapping. Put some grease on screws before screwing in with drill/ impact gun.

troy12n

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SCRW 5.0
My 2015 came with them, never used them once. Some idiot 18 wheeler ran into and destroyed my truck last week and before I turned it over to the insurance company I took a bunch of parts off of it, including the boxlink brackets/receivers. And the still unopened box of cleets under the rear seat. I may or may not install them on my new truck.
Sponsored