Sponsored

Bought my 2020 5.0 Coyote yesterday...2 questions...

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
Marion just up the road Conway! Actually in Centenary.I know lots of people from down that.I used to drive Chevrolet Trucks and I always bought from Palmetto Chervrolet.Then in 2019 GM did away with rcsb trucks.
Glad to meet somone from this area. Enjoy ur F150
I know Centenary/Marion quite well. Worked for coastal Coca-Cola bottling company in the '80s based out of Marion.

My dad worked for Conway national Bank and used to go to all the Gamecock games with Cater Floyd who was the owner of palmetto Chevrolet and a board of trustees member at the University. My dad was a Chevy guy and bought many cars from them over the years. In fact my first car was a Chevy Nova he ended down for my dad that came from palmetto.

I'd imagine we've crossed paths!
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
There should be a legacy F-150/Expedition subforum for those who eschew the ‘other’ forum for whatever reasons.

The other forum is so clogged with ‘dude just get a ‘78 F series and be done with all of that fuel injection sorcery’ threads that it’s nearly impossible to get a straight answer on an honest question.

There’s also plenty of folks on here that either have multiple generations, or the knowledge; that it wouldn’t be a complete ghost town.

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
There should be a legacy F-150/Expedition subforum for those who eschew the ‘other’ forum for whatever reasons.

The other forum is so clogged with ‘dude just get a ‘78 F series and be done with all of that fuel injection sorcery’ threads that it’s nearly impossible to get a straight answer on an honest question.

There’s also plenty of folks on here that either have multiple generations, or the knowledge; that it wouldn’t be a complete ghost town.
Agreed... That forums just a horrible format. They're way too many subforms for the amount of traffic. Nobody's really reading anything over there. And you're constantly bombarded with ads unless you are paying customer. You can barely even see the thread you're trying to read for the video playing over the top of it.

It's horrible. I went ahead and got a log on this evening and posted the question and I don't even think it's been looked at yet.

So yeah I don't care if not truck is one year too old. I'll be looking around here for answers. But I think I'm mostly done now. I mean I love message boards and I'll read and participate even when it's not about my truck.

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare

Actually I'll have to apologize because someone actually answered my question over there. It was like pulling out my toenails with a pair of pliers just trying to post a reply to them to thank them but I did get the answer I was looking for.

My navi updated to the latest maps along with the sync 3 updates I nursed through the last 3 days.

I had gotten something from Ford saying I had to download onto a USB to get them in the truck. I didn't feel like doing all that crap. But I have the latest version according to the gentleman over there. 2 21

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Marion just up the road Conway! Actually in Centenary.I know lots of people from down that.I used to drive Chevrolet Trucks and I always bought from Palmetto Chervrolet.Then in 2019 GM did away with rcsb trucks.
Glad to meet somone from this area. Enjoy ur F150
Yeah figured it all out now. It's just hard to get a straight Google answer about the cylinder deactivation thing. Even harder about the trip computer. I knew it had to have one but something about not receiving any software updates had made it unavailable. It was actually in there and still working because both trip 1 and trip 2 had over 8,000 mi on the they had been reset at the same time. They just couldn't be viewed for some reason. Updating the software fixed it apparently.
I know Centenary/Marion quite well. Worked for coastal Coca-Cola bottling company in the '80s based out of Marion.

My dad worked for Conway national Bank and used to go to all the Gamecock games with Cater Floyd who was the owner of palmetto Chevrolet and a board of trustees member at the University. My dad was a Chevy guy and bought many cars from them over the years. In fact my first car was a Chevy Nova he ended down for my dad that came from palmetto.

I'd imagine we've crossed paths!
WOW such a small world I worked at NAPA in Marion from 1978 until 2001 . Coca Cola was a really good customer of ours. I knew Ed Coleman, Herman Sanders, Bobby Jackson, Maxie Lane,the mechanics James Berry,Derrick Johnson, and who could forget SNAKE a route driver. WQuite a crew. I hope you enjoy your weekend young man

Ford F-150 Bought my 2020 5.0 Coyote yesterday...2 questions... 20220723_192749

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
WOW such a small world I worked at NAPA in Marion from 1978 until 2001 . Coca Cola was a really good customer of ours. I knew Ed Coleman, Herman Sanders, Bobby Jackson, Maxie Lane,the mechanics James Berry,Derrick Johnson, and who could forget SNAKE a route driver. WQuite a crew. I hope you enjoy your weekend young man

20220723_192749.jpg

Pretty sure I remember Mr Coleman and Mr Sanders. But that was a long time ago. I worked at the Conway distribution plant which was more or less a warehouse in trucking hub to supply all Horry county. The owner was CT Sloan and his son Rand took over at some point. I worked closely with Cindi Sloan his daughter. That was most of the people I dealt with out of Marion because I was originally hired with the company to run the new computer system they got. I was fresh out of computer school at the time. As it turned out it was really no job there once I got it working and everyone trains so I went to driving a truck for a couple of years. Nothing better than delivering Cokes down in Myrtle Beach during tourist season for a 20 something year old man!

Anyway I decided to go in to sales and left them. Next thing you know I moved to Florida with my first wife.

I turned 59 a month ago so now I've got my boat and my truck to take me fishing till I die I hope. I sure hope this coyote doesn't disappoint me.

Best believe I drove through your little town many many times on the way to Columbia or Atlanta from Conway.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Pretty sure I remember Mr Coleman and Mr Sanders. But that was a long time ago. I worked at the Conway distribution plant which was more or less a warehouse in trucking hub to supply all Horry county. The owner was CT Sloan and his son Rand took over at some point. I worked closely with Cindi Sloan his daughter. That was most of the people I dealt with out of Marion because I was originally hired with the company to run the new computer system they got. I was fresh out of computer school at the time. As it turned out it was really no job there once I got it working and everyone trains so I went to driving a truck for a couple of years. Nothing better than delivering Cokes down in Myrtle Beach during tourist season for a 20 something year old man!

Anyway I decided to go in to sales and left them. Next thing you know I moved to Florida with my first wife.

I turned 59 a month ago so now I've got my boat and my truck to take me fishing till I die I hope. I sure hope this coyote doesn't disappoint me.

Best believe I drove through your little town many many times on the way to Columbia or Atlanta from Conway.
I had a 2018 coyote a 2020 coyote and now a 2021 coyote and I love the throttle response and the mpgs are impressive .I get from 17.0 to 21 depending on distances. I find tghat on the interstate mine ius better on gas driving in the sport mode.

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
That's interesting. I had a Toyota that I felt like did as good or better with the power mode on. I finally got the fuel computer working online after having to download all the updates for sync since the truck was new. Yesterday I just took a quick spin and highway speed to pick up some food 10 mi there 10 mi back. I put it in eco mode and baby that and I did get about 21 and a half so that's not bad.

I definitely originally started looking at an F-150 to get the 2.7 but the more I looked the more I realized I wanted the 5.0.

You haven't had any oil consumption issues with any of yours have you?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I’ve got jus over 30k on my 21. SuperCab 4x4, 8ft box, XLT 301a
Has not used a drop.
Always happy overfilled just a bit.
Always above full at oil change time.
Changed at the Ford store at 5k intervals
Mine has been essentially trouble free although while getting looked at for an electrical issue (low voltage), they discovered a misfire that was related to cylinder deactivation.
Solenoid stuck. Took longer to get the part than to fix it.
Been fine since.

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
I’ve got jus over 30k on my 21. SuperCab 4x4, 8ft box, XLT 301a
Has not used a drop.
Always happy overfilled just a bit.
Always above full at oil change time.
Changed at the Ford store at 5k intervals
Mine has been essentially trouble free although while getting looked at for an electrical issue (low voltage), they discovered a misfire that was related to cylinder deactivation.
Solenoid stuck. Took longer to get the part than to fix it.
Been fine since.
Good to hear. I'm going to be watching it closely since then 43,000 mi I only have a few more to play with before it's completely out of warranty.

Just had a little blue smoke off of the exhaust on a cold start one time. The oil level wasn't full on the dipstick when I bought it but that could have just been they didn't use enough when they changed it at the dealership. But it certainly is enough of an issue that I want to document it.

There's a class action lawsuit that's been approved in the US and Canada.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
That's interesting. I had a Toyota that I felt like did as good or better with the power mode on. I finally got the fuel computer working online after having to download all the updates for sync since the truck was new. Yesterday I just took a quick spin and highway speed to pick up some food 10 mi there 10 mi back. I put it in eco mode and baby that and I did get about 21 and a half so that's not bad.

I definitely originally started looking at an F-150 to get the 2.7 but the more I looked the more I realized I wanted the 5.0.

no oil comsumption issues at all. Of course I have my oil changed every 3000 miles . Thats more often than Ford recommends but in my mind maintenance in the key to longevity
Sponsored