Sponsored

Bought my 2020 5.0 Coyote yesterday...2 questions...

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
It for sure has a mileage computer,Cylinder deactivation... no
Yeah figured it all out now. It's just hard to get a straight Google answer about the cylinder deactivation thing. Even harder about the trip computer. I knew it had to have one but something about not receiving any software updates had made it unavailable. It was actually in there and still working because both trip 1 and trip 2 had over 8,000 mi on the they had been reset at the same time. They just couldn't be viewed for some reason. Updating the software fixed it apparently.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
First, as stated earlier, welcome aboard and regardless of what truck you have.
Heck, we have members here that have moved on from their Gen14 F150 to other vehicles, yet they still can't tear themselves away from this forum. Even Chevy owners! It's that good here. 🤣🤣

Still, if you don't know yet, it's not nearly as much being territorial as it is that the Gen14 F150 was a far larger leap from the previous generation than the casual eye might realize. Ford says it was something like 83% new part numbers?
Think about that for a second. It's crazy.

And when you read the post above mentioning Sync4 VS Sync3, that's saying far more than it sounds too.

Basically the platform is a whole new software re-write and the wall separating a 2020 and a 2021 is way taller and thicker than a grill/headlight refresh.

Volumes could be written. :)

I spent just short of 4 years in a 2018 KingRanch 3.5 Ecoboost. I'm in a 2022 KingRanch Powerboost now.

The only substantial thing that they have in common is I stuck with the classic Sparkly White with stoney brown accent paint on both. :)
Thanks for the kind words.

Oh I get it. I've been studying up now and I do see the major differences with the Gen 14. I probably had read some stuff previous to even considering one but I do a lot of reading.

And I know how internet forums are I've been on quite a few over the years. It runs the gamut of personalities like every other part of humanity.

But yeah this one's a whole lot better simply because of the way it's divided out by topic and the amount of activity. And to be honest a good portion of what you might discuss here isn't generation specific.

That's a badass King ranch! I'm pretty happy with what I got as long as that coyote doesn't start drinking oil or leaking it out of the pan.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Thanks for the kind words.

Oh I get it. I've been studying up now and I do see the major differences with the Gen 14. I probably had read some stuff previous to even considering one but I do a lot of reading.

And I know how internet forums are I've been on quite a few over the years. It runs the gamut of personalities like every other part of humanity.

But yeah this one's a whole lot better simply because of the way it's divided out by topic and the amount of activity. And to be honest a good portion of what you might discuss here isn't generation specific.

That's a badass King ranch! I'm pretty happy with what I got as long as that coyote doesn't start drinking oil or leaking it out of the pan.
I had a 2018 and 2020 XLT with 5.0 and no oil consumption problems. I see a SC Gamecock on your front license plate. SC is where I reside

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I hope the members forgive me for re-posting a pic from previous threads/posts, but you know what they say...... A picture is worth a 1000 you know whats.

This is the Gen14 Cockpit.
The yellow arrow is pointing at an infrared light that the naked eye doesn't see. It's lighting up your iris for the iris-tracking camera to monitor your eyeballs.

There's 42 modules in this truck. Not a typo. :)

Ford F-150 Bought my 2020 5.0 Coyote yesterday...2 questions... 20230510_084010

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
I hope the members forgive me for re-posting a pic from previous threads/posts, but you know what they say...... A picture is worth a 1000 you know whats.

This is the Gen14 Cockpit.
The yellow arrow is pointing at an infrared light that the naked eye doesn't see. It's lighting up your iris for the iris-tracking camera to monitor your eyeballs.

There's 42 modules in this truck. Not a typo. :)

20230510_084010.jpg
That's pretty crazy! But I guess this is the way they had to go if they wanted to compete with the Elon Musk of the world! That's a pretty badass looking dash I'd say. You know I bought a 2018 Highlander and I got the simplest cheapest thing I could get with a V6 because that's the kind of person I am. Even this 2020 F-150 has a crazy amount of tech by comparison. I'd be overwhelmed by something like you have there. But I could learn to like it 😉!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
I had a 2018 and 2020 XLT with 5.0 and no oil consumption problems. I see a SC Gamecock on your front license plate. SC is where I reside

Yes sir Big time Gamecock here! Grew up in Conway. Lived there or Myrtle Beach until I moved to Gainesville Florida in 1999 following my first wife to grad school. She left with her PhD and I'm still here! Oh well that's the way it goes. I'm at another one got a 16-year-old son now and I'll be retiring in a couple of years. Fell in love with the fishing over on the Gulf I'll be moving over that way. That kind of got in the way of my plans to move back to the Carolinas.

Where do you live?

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
While you guys are chatting with me I got another question for you. Can I get my truck to automatically log on to my house Wi-Fi when it's in range? It's not forgetting the network it's just not logging on and finishing its downloads if I go somewhere with the truck. It's currently downloading the third big update to the sync3 since yesterday. I think it would have been done with all this if it would just log back on on its own.

I never really sure once I take the key out and go in the house if it's finishing the download or not.

I go inside and I look at the app for my router and I see it's still connected but this morning it still hadn't finished that first download until I logged it back on the Wi-Fi.

So I have to go in until it to connect again every time. Is this just what I have to do?

Ford F-150 Bought my 2020 5.0 Coyote yesterday...2 questions... 20230602_225219

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Unfortunately most of the info here won’t be good for a 2020. 5.0L engine is vastly different between a 2020 and 2021+. Totally different intake manifold and the way it works, throttle body, different piston rings, different oil pan, different oil cooler, different cams, and a lot more.

Last edited:

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
Would you believe it's actually crossing my mind?

Getting concerned about this oil consumption thing.
Well I recently got my '21 with very low miles about a month ago. One of my best friends has the '19 lariat. It's vastly different to mine. His is stock though. It's worth the upgrade to this gen imo.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Yeah figured it all out now. It's just hard to get a straight Google answer about the cylinder deactivation thing. Even harder about the trip computer. I knew it had to have one but something about not receiving any software updates had made it unavailable. It was actually in there and still working because both trip 1 and trip 2 had over 8,000 mi on the they had been reset at the same time. They just couldn't be viewed for some reason. Updating the software fixed it apparently.
Yes sir Big time Gamecock here! Grew up in Conway. Lived there or Myrtle Beach until I moved to Gainesville Florida in 1999 following my first wife to grad school. She left with her PhD and I'm still here! Oh well that's the way it goes. I'm at another one got a 16-year-old son now and I'll be retiring in a couple of years. Fell in love with the fishing over on the Gulf I'll be moving over that way. That kind of got in the way of my plans to move back to the Carolinas.

Where do you live?
Marion just up the road Conway! Actually in Centenary.I know lots of people from down that.I used to drive Chevrolet Trucks and I always bought from Palmetto Chervrolet.Then in 2019 GM did away with rcsb trucks.
Glad to meet somone from this area. Enjoy ur F150
Sponsored