Sponsored

Bought my 2020 5.0 Coyote yesterday...2 questions...

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
First of all does mine have cylinder deactivation? I know the 2021's have it but I'm having a hard time figure it out if mine does.

So this one's the Texas edition package. XLT. It has the trailer backing assistance which I like because I'm trying to get my wife better at helping me with the boat! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„

So I'm trying to learn everything about it. I ended up with the 5.0 because my son just insisted that we have a V8 because he's a gearhead. Got to love it. At 16 years old the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I was really interested in the 2.7 because it's going to be my daily driver but it doesn't seem like the mileage is that much different. Which brings me to my second question.

I cannot find the mileage computer in my display. I really think it doesn't have one. I notice in the owner's manual there's at least three different versions of this information display. I'm not real sure which one I might have. It does tell me how many miles I have before I'm empty. But when I click on trip/fuel I guess that's what it is... All I have is the compass. And the only option in the sub menu for the compass is how to orient North.

So is it possible my truck just doesn't have a mileage computer? Or I am just too dense to find it? πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ™πŸ™

Ford F-150 Bought my 2020 5.0 Coyote yesterday...2 questions... 20230531_171738
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
The 2020 trucks are the last year of the Gen13 version. You may want to find a Gen13 forum, as those folks would be able to help you with your questions of functions on your truck. The Gen14 trucks are different *Sync 4 vs Sync3"

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
The 2020 trucks are the last year of the Gen13 version. You may want to find a Gen13 forum, as those folks would be able to help you with your questions of functions on your truck. The Gen14 trucks are different *Sync 4 vs Sync3"

I was unaware that this was a form for only Gen14 trucks. Pardon my ignorance! 🧐🀣

It's a pretty simple question. Surely someone has the same display.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I was unaware that this was a form for only Gen14 trucks. Pardon my ignorance! 🧐🀣

It's a pretty simple question. Surely someone has the same display.
The "other" forum is what gets referenced often. It is https://www.f150forum.com/f5/ and is for all generations. However, this site is much better for those that have 2021+ model years.

Not saying you can't stay, you are completely welcome here. :)

And I thought I was surrounded by too many Gators here in JAX. Damn bro, you're in Gainesville.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
The "other" forum is what gets referenced often. It is https://www.f150forum.com/f5/ and is for all generations. However, this site is much better for those that have 2021+ model years.

Not saying you can't stay, you are completely welcome here. :)

And I thought I was surrounded by too many Gators here in JAX. Damn bro, you're in Gainesville.
Right you are. And I've been here in Gainesville for 24 years! A speck of garnet in a sea of orange... My least favorite color.

It was actually my bulldog friends and cousin that were giving me a hard time about this truck being Gator blue so I had to get my Gamecock swag on it quickly. My old worn out hitch cover is on it now but I ordered a nice new one yesterday. Actually bought this truck at Jenkins Hyundai in Jacksonville Tuesday.

But yeah I had no idea this forum was only for people with new trucks. 🧐🧐🀣🀣. Doesn't say that anywhere that I can find.

Anyway I asked the question about the fuel computer menu in another spot and I had another question too so it's on the tech forum. That cylinder deactivation was something I really wanted to know though so at least I found out I don't have that.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
But yeah I had no idea this forum was only for people with new trucks. 🧐🧐🀣🀣. Doesn't say that anywhere that I can find.
The 2021 model year was a total refresh of the F-150 and the Generation 14 was born, hence the forum name F150gen14.

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
The 2021 model year was a total refresh of the F-150 and the Generation 14 was born, hence the forum name F150gen14.
Quit picking on him.
Cant be all that bad.
After all, it was my intention to get a 20, but alas, the order bank closed.
Besides, he got a blue truck and his name is Brian.
(even if it is spelled wrong) :)

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
I finally saw that when I looked at the actual address bar up there. Honestly I clicked on this forum and logged in and everything without really noticing that it said Gen 14 as part of the title. And if I did notice it I didn't really know what it meant. So yeah without it being actually explained by someone it kind of slipped by me. This is the first Ford product I've owned since my 1988 Taurus SHO. πŸ˜„ So yeah I haven't really kept up with which generation of F-150 I bought. Had I known all this I might have tried harder to get a 2021 but too late now!

OP
OP
Coyote Gamecock

Coyote Gamecock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Healthcare
All that said I thought you guys might like to know what happened.

I actually posted a separate thread in the tech forum but I don't think anyone's replied it much since I'm on the wrong forum with my 2020!

And by the way that other forum for the older trucks is lame. I even downloaded the app but it's not nearly as well organized as this one so that sucks too!

Anyway this truck had not had any software update in the sync 3 since it was new. I noticed it was an older guy that owned it and obviously he didn't have the skill or the care to do anything. So I logged it onto my home Wi-Fi and it started downloading. A full 24 hours and three downloads later I'm still not sure if it's caught all the way up. But my trip computer and mileage computers actually showed up so I assume that had something to do with it. They were definitely not there in the dash display menus previous to completing the first download.

I also went ahead and put the Fordpass app on my phone and now I have remote start among other things so that's pretty cool.

And yeah spelling Brian with a y makes it a two syllable name. I'm from the south and people say it with one syllable πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Quit picking on him.
Cant be all that bad.
After all, it was my intention to get a 20, but alas, the order bank closed.
Besides, he got a blue truck and his name is Brian.
(even if it is spelled wrong) :)
I'm honestly not trying to pick on him, just explaining where the forum name comes from.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All that said I thought you guys might like to know what happened.

I actually posted a separate thread in the tech forum but I don't think anyone's replied it much since I'm on the wrong forum with my 2020!

And by the way that other forum for the older trucks is lame. I even downloaded the app but it's not nearly as well organized as this one so that sucks too!

Anyway this truck had not had any software update in the sync 3 since it was new. I noticed it was an older guy that owned it and obviously he didn't have the skill or the care to do anything. So I logged it onto my home Wi-Fi and it started downloading. A full 24 hours and three downloads later I'm still not sure if it's caught all the way up. But my trip computer and mileage computers actually showed up so I assume that had something to do with it. They were definitely not there in the dash display menus previous to completing the first download.

I also went ahead and put the Fordpass app on my phone and now I have remote start among other things so that's pretty cool.

And yeah spelling Brian with a y makes it a two syllable name. I'm from the south and people say it with one syllable πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Welcome to the forum, nice truck by the way, all F-150's are cool! :cool:

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
First of all does mine have cylinder deactivation? I know the 2021's have it but I'm having a hard time figure it out if mine does.

So this one's the Texas edition package. XLT. It has the trailer backing assistance which I like because I'm trying to get my wife better at helping me with the boat! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„

So I'm trying to learn everything about it. I ended up with the 5.0 because my son just insisted that we have a V8 because he's a gearhead. Got to love it. At 16 years old the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I was really interested in the 2.7 because it's going to be my daily driver but it doesn't seem like the mileage is that much different. Which brings me to my second question.

I cannot find the mileage computer in my display. I really think it doesn't have one. I notice in the owner's manual there's at least three different versions of this information display. I'm not real sure which one I might have. It does tell me how many miles I have before I'm empty. But when I click on trip/fuel I guess that's what it is... All I have is the compass. And the only option in the sub menu for the compass is how to orient North.

So is it possible my truck just doesn't have a mileage computer? Or I am just too dense to find it? πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ™πŸ™

20230531_171738.jpg
It for sure has a mileage computer,Cylinder deactivation... no

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost

First, as stated earlier, welcome aboard and regardless of what truck you have.
Heck, we have members here that have moved on from their Gen14 F150 to other vehicles, yet they still can't tear themselves away from this forum. Even Chevy owners! It's that good here. 🀣🀣

Still, if you don't know yet, it's not nearly as much being territorial as it is that the Gen14 F150 was a far larger leap from the previous generation than the casual eye might realize. Ford says it was something like 83% new part numbers?
Think about that for a second. It's crazy.

And when you read the post above mentioning Sync4 VS Sync3, that's saying far more than it sounds too.

Basically the platform is a whole new software re-write and the wall separating a 2020 and a 2021 is way taller and thicker than a grill/headlight refresh.

Volumes could be written. :)

I spent just short of 4 years in a 2018 KingRanch 3.5 Ecoboost. I'm in a 2022 KingRanch Powerboost now.

The only substantial thing that they have in common is I stuck with the classic Sparkly White with stoney brown accent paint on both. :)