GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
A bit too loud and raspy for my taste.
I do like and prefer Borla and that’s what I have on my 2016 5.0 F150 but I have the Touring system with the dual side exit tips.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
A bit too loud and raspy for my taste.
I do like and prefer Borla and that’s what I have on my 2016 5.0 F150 but I have the Touring system with the dual side exit tips.
Not sure if you watched the entire video but starting 1min into the video they compare stock vs their 3 models, touring, S-type, and atak. I found the touring to be just a touch more aggressive than stock without any rasp…

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
The Touring almost sounded quieter than stock, it's tough to tell on video, definitely a deeper tone.

AnthonyWhat

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford 150
Cant wait to order the S-Type, seems like it's taking forever!

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Not sure if you watched the entire video but starting 1min into the video they compare stock vs their 3 models, touring, S-type, and atak. I found the touring to be just a touch more aggressive than stock without any rasp…
Guilty as charged.

No, I didn’t watch and listen to the entire video but that first sound demo was all I needed to hear which is what I based my comment on.

Glad to hear that they also make the Touring for the 2021.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
The Touring almost sounded quieter than stock, it's tough to tell on video, definitely a deeper tone.
I agree.
The Touring setup on my 2016 sounds almost stock but a little deeper. However, if I step on it, one can immediately tell that it’s not a stock exhaust and there’s zero drone.

fxxkintallguy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L 302A 5.5 SB
Out of these I like the touring best. I kind of wish they showcased what it sounds like in the cab, and maybe a cruising drive-by as well. Still, Borla is a little too raspy and the wrong pitch for my taste. I'm going to stick with my MBRP order for now :cool:

Sponsored

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
Out of these I like the touring best. I kind of wish they showcased what it sounds like in the cab, and maybe a cruising drive-by as well. Still, Borla is a little too raspy and the wrong pitch for my taste. I'm going to stick with my MBRP order for now :cool:

My MBRP 3" stainless with resonator goes on tomorrow morning.

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
How did the install go? Would like to hear how it sounds!
The install took one hour on a lift. All of the welds on the system look great, excellent quality.
My install included the provided resonator from MBRP.
The truck has a nice deep tone on a cold start and than settles into a deep quiet idle.
No rasp at all, just a deep throaty sound, you can definitely hear it! If your looking for a medium aggressive sound this is a perfect system.
I tow a small 15' camper and you can definitely hear the exhaust when driving up grades, but it is pretty mellow when your just cruising .
If you tow a heavier trailer this may not be the system for you.

How did the install go? Would like to hear how it sounds!

fxxkintallguy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L 302A 5.5 SB
The install took one hour on a lift. All of the welds on the system look great, excellent quality.
My install included the provided resonator from MBRP.
The truck has a nice deep tone on a cold start and than settles into a deep quiet idle.
No rasp at all, just a deep throaty sound, you can definitely hear it! If your looking for a medium aggressive sound this is a perfect system.
I tow a small 15' camper and you can definitely hear the exhaust when driving up grades, but it is pretty mellow when your just cruising .
If you tow a heavier trailer this may not be the system for you.
This is exactly what I was hoping for. I CAN'T WAIT! Apparently mine comes in September. I don't have a lift so I guess I'm going to be spending some time on my back haha. I hope it goes smoothly.