First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Beverage fountain tech
I am curious if Ford followed their own procedures on vehicles that are stored for more than 30 days. They have a list of things that must be done, it’s in the owners manual especially if they moved it 25 feet every 14 days. I highly doubt it….thoughts
You sound like the dude from gears & gadgets on you tube. He said the exact same thing

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
This is what I feared would happen to all of the thousands of F-150s and Super Duty’s sitting alone waiting on microchips out in the elements for months on end with no washes or protection!

The paint might hold up okay, but those plastics will degrade very quickly without any protection. Those plastics and rubbers have been very hard to keep treated on my truck, and its the thing I’ve worked hardest on trying to preserve. I REFUSE to let this truck be for four or five years old rolling down the road with all of my plastics (windshield cowl, bed rail covers, satellite radio antennas, mirror trims, etc.) looking like that trashy, faded light grey!!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Just picked mine up from the dealer today and the black plastic looks similar. Almost like there's baked on pollen. I'm guessing after some driving and a wash or two it'll probably go to a normal faded black plastic look. I do plan on getting a ceramic coating before winter, so at worst it should be addressed by then.

Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But seriously...if we have to worry about a vehicle sitting outside for 3 months and becoming damaged, we should worry then about the product period! If it cant withstand that, then we shouldn't be buying it! How many people buy vehicles and they sit outside for YEARS! I understand the frustration of not getting your truck knowing its just sitting collecting dust [and I do feel Ford and their dealers should detail the shit out of them for the wait and what we pay for them], but 3 months shouldn't do harm to them unless stuff like hail or high windstorms do something physically.
Exactly. I got my wife a '15 Flex Limited AWD 3.5EB that was a leftover, on June 30th of '16. It was built 11/15. So it sat, OUTSIDE, for 8 months , in Ohio, thru the fall and winter, before we got it. It's got 91K+ on it and it's been completely flawless. ??

My Powerboost Lariet (order 3/1, build mid April) came in yesterday. It looks great but I wanted to check the rear axle for rust expecting the worst. The axles, U joint, shock mounts, damn near everything had what looked like fresh black undercoating. It looked gorgeous (like somebody from Toyota got bored and came over and did it). When I showed the dealer he said that’s how they come. I had to show him another 2021 F150 to prove that wasn’t true as the rear axle was covered in rust. Anybody else experience this? I guess they could’ve noticed the undercarriage was rusted out and put a layer of undercoat on before delivery?… not sure
I HIGHLY DOUBT it's undercoating. The axle paint is a thick water based paint that doesn't go on smooth. Take a picture and post it

I picked up my PB Lariat last week and checked the undercarriage as well - all looked pretty good (my build date was 4/28). You will notice a bit of rust on the rear/right wheel axle - not sure if that's evidence of where masking failed the 'undercoating coverup' or if it's just a natural rust occurence. Note: The time between my truck arriving at the dealership and my picking it up was less than 7hrs. Could the dealer inventory, paint and prep the truck in that amount of time? In any case - I'm content.
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
That's NOT undercoating. That's how they come from Sterling

I have two builds both 3/16 orders 4/28 and 4/29 blend. They were delivered 6/22 and 7/21 both had this issue.

From the back, the rear dif looks good.
1626977458909.png

From the front of the rear dif, different story.

1626977493997.png

1626977513210.png

Other than that, this is the truck cleaned up.

1626977546142.png

1626977558788.png
That doesn't look terrible. You guys don't get snow and salt on your roads down there. It will be fine.

You sound like the dude from gears & gadgets on you tube. He said the exact same thing
? That clown is such a F'ing annoying douchebag

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
None of my vehicles are parked outside, ever. ALL clearcoat breaks down over time.

I do have a scuff in the leather dash that most likely happened jockeying it around. The struggle is should the dealer fix it. It is on the brown leather on top right in front of the driver. In you vision for the entire ride. Problem is the dealer says they would have to take the entire apart to replace it. They have never seen a dash replacement go well. Still deciding what to do.
THIS...!

Some of us ordered a truck so we could receive a NEW non test driven truck directly off the assembly line. I received my Lariat in June, after ordering it in April...the first truck I have ever ordered. I feel for those who ordered late last year or early this year just to have their custom ordered trucks sit out in the hot sun for months. My truck also sits in a garage anytime its not being driven. And though its true that lots of people don't have a garage to park in....those who do would rather not have to wait on a truck that has sat outside for all those months. JMO .

charmnh

First Name
Harmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 King Ranch, 2018 F150 King Ranch , both 4x4
Occupation
Happily retired
My Powerboost Lariet (order 3/1, build mid April) came in yesterday. It looks great but I wanted to check the rear axle for rust expecting the worst. The axles, U joint, shock mounts, damn near everything had what looked like fresh black undercoating. It looked gorgeous (like somebody from Toyota got bored and came over and did it). When I showed the dealer he said that’s how they come. I had to show him another 2021 F150 to prove that wasn’t true as the rear axle was covered in rust. Anybody else experience this? I guess they could’ve noticed the undercarriage was rusted out and put a layer of undercoat on before delivery?… not sure
Took delivery of 2021 F150 Platinum on Fri. 79/23 with a build date of 7/5 week and undercarriage appeared to have been painted black. I don't see how vehicle could have spent much downtime sitting, so just assumed that was how they come. More concerned about Kahu tracker being stuck on there.

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
My truck lives outside due to only having a single garage stall. After a wash it looks great again. Next time I wash her I will put on some plastic protector.

Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
More concerned about Kahu tracker being stuck on there.
What does that even mean? Do they all come with this "tracker" on it?

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
What does that even mean? Do they all come with this "tracker" on it?
No, trucks don't come with trackers from factory, but dealers (many of them AFAIK) pre-install trackers for their benefit before you pickup your truck and push you to sign agreement with Spireon.
Sponsored