Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Well my 1/15 order, 3/24 build that was parked with no chips for 3 months arrived this week. I picked it up mid week and as most dealer prep guys there was a quick “armor all” wipe down. Looked it over and the t was in fair condition. Brought it home and spent the weekend wiping it down, applying ceramic coating and conditioning the other components. Other than a few minor surface rubs I waxed out the paint looked good. I have one frustrating clear coat run near passenger front wheel well that is full of red paint? Dealer will have to address. See photo.

Biggest take is “ALL” of the horizontal matte black plastic parts are full of some kind of white powdery dust. A significant amount of it ended up on the buffing towels used for ceramic coating.

I used 2 bottles of back to to black to restore and clean the matte black. All the window trim, tops of bed rails, bumper and windshield wiper trays. It took hours and 2 coats to clean.

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) DD318AF5-4CEC-41FB-8AF6-3C8A59F3DC23

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) C75A0F1D-9661-4743-8E97-D6ABDF4ED312

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) A7D3CA4E-DF95-49F5-8162-D6545F127CE6

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) 840BB1FA-E437-4829-80CF-B19C42320AA1
Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Well my 1/15 order, 3/24 build that was parked with no chips for 3 months arrived this week. I picked it up mid week and as most dealer prep guys there was a quick “armor all” wipe down. Looked it over and the t was in fair condition. Brought it home and spent the weekend wiping it down, applying ceramic coating and conditioning the other components. Other than a few minor surface rubs I waxed out the paint looked good. I have one frustrating clear coat run near passenger front wheel well that is full of red paint? Dealer will have to address. See photo.

Biggest take is “ALL” of the horizontal matte black plastic parts are full of some kind of white powdery dust. A significant amount of it ended up on the buffing towels used for ceramic coating.

I used 2 bottles of back to to black to restore and clean the matte black. All the window trim, tops of bed rails, bumper and windshield wiper trays. It took hours and 2 coats to clean.

DD318AF5-4CEC-41FB-8AF6-3C8A59F3DC23.jpeg

C75A0F1D-9661-4743-8E97-D6ABDF4ED312.jpeg

A7D3CA4E-DF95-49F5-8162-D6545F127CE6.jpeg

840BB1FA-E437-4829-80CF-B19C42320AA1.jpeg
@ Mhubbardva1 -

All things considered, it sounds like you do not have a lot of damage from those 3-4 months sitting outdoors, unprotected. Good for you!

I do wonder if the white powdery substance you found is a result of sitting out under the UV‘s for so many months. From your pictures it looks like you did a very nice job reconditioning all of that horizontal black plastic. Well done, Sir! And kudos to you for ceramic coating the painted surfaces. Did you apply a top coat as well?

I’m not sure which trim level you have but it seems a lot of folks on this Forum have higher trims with leather interiors. Was there any noticeable UV damage or fading of those interior surfaces?

OP
OP

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
@ Mhubbardva1 -

All things considered, it sounds like you do not have a lot of damage from those 3-4 months sitting outdoors, unprotected. Good for you!

I do wonder if the white powdery substance you found is a result of sitting out under the UV‘s for so many months. From your pictures it looks like you did a very nice job reconditioning all of that horizontal black plastic. Well done, Sir! And kudos to you for ceramic coating the painted surfaces. Did you apply a top coat as well?

I’m not sure which trim level you have but it seems a lot of folks on this Forum have higher trims with leather interiors. Was there any noticeable UV damage or fading of those interior surfaces?
I have a Lariat. Black with brown accent interior. All perfect. I am picky about auto chemicals. I have tried several and by far the best to apply and lasting is Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic. Odd thing is you put it on wet and hose it off. Then buff. Holds up amazing. I have a 38’ class A Motorhome and it’s a breeze applying and keeps the sides very clean.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE

DD318AF5-4CEC-41FB-8AF6-3C8A59F3DC23.jpeg

C75A0F1D-9661-4743-8E97-D6ABDF4ED312.jpeg

A7D3CA4E-DF95-49F5-8162-D6545F127CE6.jpeg

840BB1FA-E437-4829-80CF-B19C42320AA1.jpeg
I know you just recently got it, but any issues so for with electronics? aka Things the chips would affect. Also as mentioned above, very nice job restoring it.

OP
OP

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I know you just recently got it, but any issues so for with electronics? aka Things the chips would affect. Also as mentioned above, very nice job restoring it.
Everything works great. Already have driven it 2000 miles in a little over a week. 25.6 MPG average. Powerboost. I have several 2015 F150s and a 2016 and the electronics are far superior. Very user friendly.

Sponsored

gvales

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Firefighter
But seriously...if we have to worry about a vehicle sitting outside for 3 months and becoming damaged, we should worry then about the product period! If it cant withstand that, then we shouldn't be buying it! How many people buy vehicles and they sit outside for YEARS! I understand the frustration of not getting your truck knowing its just sitting collecting dust [and I do feel Ford and their dealers should detail the shit out of them for the wait and what we pay for them], but 3 months shouldn't do harm to them unless stuff like hail or high windstorms do something physically.

OP
OP

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
But seriously...if we have to worry about a vehicle sitting outside for 3 months and becoming damaged, we should worry then about the product period! If it cant withstand that, then we shouldn't be buying it! How many people buy vehicles and they sit outside for YEARS! I understand the frustration of not getting your truck knowing its just sitting collecting dust [and I do feel Ford and their dealers should detail the shit out of them for the wait and what we pay for them], but 3 months shouldn't do harm to them unless stuff like hail or high windstorms do something physically.
None of my vehicles are parked outside, ever. ALL clearcoat breaks down over time.

I do have a scuff in the leather dash that most likely happened jockeying it around. The struggle is should the dealer fix it. It is on the brown leather on top right in front of the driver. In you vision for the entire ride. Problem is the dealer says they would have to take the entire apart to replace it. They have never seen a dash replacement go well. Still deciding what to do.

cflowers39

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My Powerboost Lariet (order 3/1, build mid April) came in yesterday. It looks great but I wanted to check the rear axle for rust expecting the worst. The axles, U joint, shock mounts, damn near everything had what looked like fresh black undercoating. It looked gorgeous (like somebody from Toyota got bored and came over and did it). When I showed the dealer he said that’s how they come. I had to show him another 2021 F150 to prove that wasn’t true as the rear axle was covered in rust. Anybody else experience this? I guess they could’ve noticed the undercarriage was rusted out and put a layer of undercoat on before delivery?… not sure

Goldwing Guy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am curious if Ford followed their own procedures on vehicles that are stored for more than 30 days. They have a list of things that must be done, it’s in the owners manual especially if they moved it 25 feet every 14 days. I highly doubt it….thoughts

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
My Powerboost Lariet (order 3/1, build mid April) came in yesterday. It looks great but I wanted to check the rear axle for rust expecting the worst. The axles, U joint, shock mounts, damn near everything had what looked like fresh black undercoating. It looked gorgeous (like somebody from Toyota got bored and came over and did it). When I showed the dealer he said that’s how they come. I had to show him another 2021 F150 to prove that wasn’t true as the rear axle was covered in rust. Anybody else experience this? I guess they could’ve noticed the undercarriage was rusted out and put a layer of undercoat on before delivery?… not sure
I picked up my PB Lariat last week and checked the undercarriage as well - all looked pretty good (my build date was 4/28). You will notice a bit of rust on the rear/right wheel axle - not sure if that's evidence of where masking failed the 'undercoating coverup' or if it's just a natural rust occurence. Note: The time between my truck arriving at the dealership and my picking it up was less than 7hrs. Could the dealer inventory, paint and prep the truck in that amount of time? In any case - I'm content.
Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) IMG_0990.JPG
Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) IMG_0989.JPG

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
That white stuff must just be a mix of dust/pollen/mildew from rain sitting there. If that’s the worst of it, that's obviously not bad overall. That weird streak of red in the clear coat must be unrelated to the time it spent sitting, so overall it seems to have held up very well.

Last edited:

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Two orders. This is a pic of the one delivered today, before being cleaned.

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) 1626923020643

It has a layere of dust like you have driven down a long dusty, dirt road.

Anyway, both ordered 3/16. Blend Dates 4/28 and 4/29.

4/29 blend shipped 6/9 Delivered 6/22 only issue minimal surface rust on the front of the rear differential. Back of the differential looked painted as above. Dealer removed rust, coated with a rust inhibitor and painted it.

4/28 blend shipped 7/12 Delievered 7/21 only issue minimal surface rust on the front of the rear differential (slightly more than previous one). Back of the differential looks painted as above. Dealer will address 8/2 as I am out of town all week.

Seeing the second one prior to cleaning I was really impressed. It wasn't filthy inside or out just dusty outside. We washed it up and looks showroom ready.

Kids love their new trucks and the amount of money I saved compared to the extra weeks was worth it. I was told 8-10 weeks when I orderd and that would have been May 25th so one truck took an extra month and the other took an extra 2 months. Not as bad as many have experienced. I hope everyone has a similar experience with their deliveries.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Lariat. Black with brown accent interior. All perfect. I am picky about auto chemicals. I have tried several and by far the best to apply and lasting is Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic. Odd thing is you put it on wet and hose it off. Then buff. Holds up amazing. I have a 38’ class A Motorhome and it’s a breeze applying and keeps the sides very clean.
@ Mhubbardva1 -

Actually, I have direct experience with that Meguires Hybrid Ceramic product too. I’ve used it on my wife’s and my daughter’s SUV’s. I too am most impressed by the ease of use and it’s durability (a good 6-8 months). Highly recommended. Very good choice.

For my 2021 Platty, I took the next step and went full ceramic with a very slick top coat. A lot more work and expense but it’s supposed to protect got 2-3 years. We shall see!

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I have two builds both 3/16 orders 4/28 and 4/29 blend. They were delivered 6/22 and 7/21 both had this issue.

From the back, the rear dif looks good.
Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) 1626977458909

From the front of the rear dif, different story.

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) 1626977493997

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) 1626977513210

Other than that, this is the truck cleaned up.

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) 1626977546142

Ford F-150 Boneyard F-150 Delivery Condition Report (From Sitting Without Chip For 3 Months Before Delivery) 1626977558788