First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Home Builder
Seeing if this happens with anyone else, if so what’s the fix?

my phone is connected to my sync but when I try to answer from my dash or steering wheel it will play the audio through the truck but then 2 minutes later it will switch to the radio then I have to talk on speaker phone because the other person I’m talking to can’t hear anything I say? My phone still shows it is connected to the Bluetooth. Or sometimes when I answer the phone from my steering wheel or push the “accept” on the dash it will continue to ring through the truck and not switch over to where I can hear the person I’m talking to. Then I have to switch back to speaker phone on my phone. Turn the audio all the way down because it just plays the ringtone through the truck. The only way I could get it to stop is to turn off the truck and turn it back on.

Ive taken it to the dealership and they can’t seem to figure it out or “replicate it.”

Ive tried repairing my phone and sync because I thought it was my phone. Ive tried updating the sync software through WiFi. Nothing. I’m in construction so I take or make phone calls 24/7.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
I've worked out that the Bluetooth gets confused if you also have the phone connected via cable (assuming that's what you meant by saying it's connected to your sync)..... had all sorts of issues with call sound dropping in or out, phone locking, truck screen showing a blue screen of death etc.

The two things I've changed are to make sure the truck is on and the phone paired BEFORE I ever plug the cable in and never turn off and restart the truck with it connected.

Touch wood haven't had a problem since.....