First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
After connecting a phone to Sync4 over Bluetooth, I watch a YouTube video and the audio through the speakers and video on the phone is way out of sync. This also occurred on my 2018 F150 with SYNC3. Anyone else have this issue? I thought this would have been addressed in SYNC4 but I guess not. Anyone have a good fix for this?
Sponsored

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
It’s been that way in every sync version I’ve had & I don’t think there’s a fix. Even if your playing music and you hit pause, it still plays for 1/2 a second or so. Just the inherent lag in the trucks radio. ??‍♂

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
After connecting a phone to Sync4 over Bluetooth, I watch a YouTube video and the audio through the speakers and video on the phone is way out of sync. This also occurred on my 2018 F150 with SYNC3. Anyone else have this issue? I thought this would have been addressed in SYNC4 but I guess not. Anyone have a good fix for this?
I have the same issue but it’s an industry issue. My Chevy Colorado, my wife’s Nissan Rogue all have the same Bluetooth sync issue when playing videos.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Kinda funny when you think about it, video/audio of of sync on a SYNC system. :LOL:

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
it's the nature of Bluetooth. One protocol in the BT5 spec is for "low latency", which is as good as you can get in Bluetooth today. Both the phone and the truck need to support it in order for it to work, and it still won't be exactly correct.

Better to use a USB connection.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
USB is better, but still has a sync issue.

Last edited:

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Every F150 I've had has had this issue, even back to my 2011 up to my 2021, so have just gotten use to it at this point, its lags either on bluetooth or through USB, doesn't matter. My 2014, 15, & 16 Ram never had this issue so it's all in the hardware/software they use.

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 powerboost platinum, 18 road king special
I have the same issue but it’s an industry issue. My Chevy Colorado, my wife’s Nissan Rogue all have the same Bluetooth sync issue when playing videos.
Ditto. I had two 2020 Silverado sierras that were the same way, a Honda that was the same etc. I am a little surprised wireless Android auto is that far out of sync though with the wifi connection

Tyler17

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
I haven’t tried watching videos in my F150 but i do in my dodge work truck all the time and its spot on.

Bracketzox

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 RCSB
Occupation
Electrician
It’s been that way in every sync version I’ve had & I don’t think there’s a fix. Even if your playing music and you hit pause, it still plays for 1/2 a second or so. Just the inherent lag in the trucks radio. ??‍♂
So the way I fixed was that I put my usb-C charging cable and connected it to the ports under the charging ports where they have the blue LED surrounding them and then disconnected my iPhone from Bluetooth and reconnected using the charging cable for my apple carplay and now the audio dosent have a sync/delay issue

Sponsored

dlare

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 6.5' Rapid Red
My wife's 2015 Fusion is sync'ed (video & audio) correctly even on bluetooth.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Happens with our other non ford vehicles, just the nature of bluetooth and the phone. Just turn off blue tooth before starting the video.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
This is how it works with any Bluetooth speaker in my experience. Same with any portable Bluetooth speaker
Sponsored