Bluecruise OTA Status?

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
Does anyone know how to proceed when you are stuck on this stage ?? Dealer is clueless
I have a 2021 f-150 Platinum, purchased Aug 2021. I was stuck on version 1.4 until yesterday. I had my truck at the dealer for 6 days, and they were able to get it to work after changing the APIM.
You should call Technical Assistance Center (T.A.C) 1-866-631-3788 ,email [email protected].
at Ford, they were very helpful with my case.
If you or the dealer don't get a response, contact E.A P.
Sponsored

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Well, either Ford is doing better or my higher speed internet has helped the update picture!

I got BC last weekend and got the bed camera at speed yesterday.

I am kind of just "meh" about BC. I don't feel like it makes travel any easier ( maybe because I don't trust it yet, lol) and you really can't do anything (well maybe eat) because if you lower your eyes it yells at you. And it drops sudden so you have to take over. Glad it's working because I paid for it in the cost of truck, but would not pay to add it.

Glad the camera update came thru. Now just need to get trailer cameras to go with it...

DougS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Marketing
I charged battery all night. Its an auto charger at 15 Amps now the green light is flashing full charge. Tried to run update this am and again just now. Still saying rescheduled.

2.8.1 came in that night. Now waiting for more updates but nothing has come in sense.

Sponsored

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello. I’m new to the forum.
I have a 2021 F150 with a build date of 8/21. I received the 2.7.4 update on 6/18 and nothing since then. I’ve contacted customer service a few times and all they can say is that I’m up to date or take it into the dealership. Unfortunately, our only dealer managed to damage the cpu on a friend’s truck and it took two months to get it repaired. I’d prefer to get the ota updates, but I wish Ford could tell me when to expect them! Very frustrating!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
$500 worth of "Very Frustrating"? :)

There is no right/wrong answer to that question but if you said to yourself that that you would definitely pay $500 to have a fully updated truck performing as designed and never having to deal with or rely on a dealership again, regarding........

Welcome to the forum.
Look for the FDRS thread and take matters into your own hands. Many have.

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
$500 worth of "Very Frustrating"? :)

There is no right/wrong answer to that question but if you said to yourself that that you would definitely pay $500 to have a fully updated truck performing as designed and never having to deal with or rely on a dealership again, regarding........

Welcome to the forum.
Look for the FDRS thread and take matters into your own hands. Many have.
I looked at that option and I’d probably do more damage than the dealership!
It’s not the end of the world but I’d like to try Bluecruise. Who knows, I may not even like it!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I looked at that option and I’d probably do more damage than the dealership!
It’s not the end of the world but I’d like to try Bluecruise. Who knows, I may not even like it!
Understood. But many had those exact concerns going in. Likely influenced by "if the dealership gimped the truck, so would I"

Only to discover how inept the dealership must have been once you saw what it actually requires. :)

Mostly patience, in my opinion.
And next a lack of arrogance? Lol
I say that because it appears the dealership fail often for no other reason than they don't think they have to follow instructions.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Not sure if you got more updates, but I found that I was getting them one update every 6 days or so which aligned with when I drove my truck the most. I found the more I drove it, the faster the updates came. Didn't have to be much, but driving around town for 20 mins in tow mode or sport seemed to get the battery charged up well and I'm assuming that helped meet a requirement to push the next update. I also had my updates scheduled for all days at 11pm.
I have travelled a little over 2,200 miles since receiving 2.7.3 on June 24th. Since then, I have received 2.7.4 (June 28th) and 2.8.1 (July 1st). Three updates in a short amount of time had me pretty excited, but alas, I have not received another one since. It was a bummer, too, as I think I just need 2.8.2 to get the BlueCruise to activate and drove 16 hours on July 3rd without it. Not sure what the hang up is now. The truck is parked right underneath the wireless router and we have gig-speed data on tap. I have it set for nightly updates at 11pm.

Sponsored

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I have travelled a little over 2,200 miles since receiving 2.7.3 on June 24th. Since then, I have received 2.7.4 (June 28th) and 2.8.1 (July 1st). Three updates in a short amount of time had me pretty excited, but alas, I have not received another one since. It was a bummer, too, as I think I just need 2.8.2 to get the BlueCruise to activate and drove 16 hours on July 3rd without it. Not sure what the hang up is now. The truck is parked right underneath the wireless router and we have gig-speed data on tap. I have it set for nightly updates at 11pm.
i actually got my 2.8.2 update while away from home,I believe it’s a quick one. I got a notification about 10 mins after leaving to go home so I detoured over to the interstate to try out BC that day.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
I think I got 2 updates last week in my 5/11/22 truck. I have updates set to every night. both updates happened around 9:00am within 20 minutes of starting a 600 mile drive: The radio rebooted along with some of the items on the dash while driving, so I assume it was an update. But I don't have the option for blue cruise.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm surprised a 5/11/2022 truck has 2 updates that Ford would deliver OTA.
FordPass should be able to tell you what updates you received.
Some 2022 trucks have the trailer module update sitting in the queue and even it hasn't been OTA'd to many. And recently an IPMA module popped up for some, but again I haven't read that OTA has delivered it either.

Encouraging to hear this of course

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
I'm surprised a 5/11/2022 truck has 2 updates that Ford would deliver OTA.
FordPass should be able to tell you what updates you received.
Some 2022 trucks have the trailer module update sitting in the queue and even it hasn't been OTA'd to many. And recently an IPMA module popped up for some, but again I haven't read that OTA has delivered it either.

Encouraging to hear this of course
Up to 2.7.3 on the truck today. Still a ways to go to BC update. Did get the trailer update OTA

Ford F-150 Bluecruise OTA Status? 15F16D84-B488-4AD7-8641-E9974850EA7E

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
True, but your a much earlier build, right?
Sponsored