Bluecruise OTA Status?

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
So I decided to take the plunge. I dropped my truck off at the dealer today and asked them to install BC, I printed out the notice from Ford and when I asked they seemed very familiar with it and said no problem. I was also there for an oil change (using the last of my ford points) and the 2 recalls I needed. We will see, I am fairly confident it won't be done until tomorrow afternoon.
Sponsored

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
Another day has come and gone. Tomorrow I will be on day 16 in service for all these updates. Last I spoke with them (Friday) they said they had to order an Image Module (or something like that) and should have been here Monday. Today I got a Ford pass notification that my Vehicle Access was Removed. Right now it's half a lemon. :(

Dishrag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 limited
So my truck is one of the lucky job 1 trucks I have had less than 6 months that the computer was locked and couldn't take OTA updates. So I took it to the dealer for its first service and the TSB to fix that along with several other things. Technician told me nearly every module on the truck needed updating and when done should correct several of the issues. That was 29 March. Now the dealer is still having issues with the updates and can't get it to take anything past 90% and working with Ford to try and figure it out. No hit on the Dealership because I believe they are doing their best. But at what point do I complain to Ford?
I am having the same issue. I took delivery of my Limited in February. of 21. So I have been waiting for almost 15 months now. After I did all of the research on this forum (thanks everyone here) I gave them the bulletin to update my truck. Now it’s been there for 2 days and they can’t get the system to update. Multiple failed attempts. Its absolutely ridiculous at this point.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
So I decided to take the plunge. I dropped my truck off at the dealer today and asked them to install BC, I printed out the notice from Ford and when I asked they seemed very familiar with it and said no problem. I was also there for an oil change (using the last of my ford points) and the 2 recalls I needed. We will see, I am fairly confident it won't be done until tomorrow afternoon.
Were you able to get it taken care of at the dealer? Good luck and safe driving!!!

Sponsored

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
I am having the same issue. I took delivery of my Limited in February. of 21. So I have been waiting for almost 15 months now. After I did all of the research on this forum (thanks everyone here) I gave them the bulletin to update my truck. Now it’s been there for 2 days and they can’t get the system to update. Multiple failed attempts. Its absolutely ridiculous at this point.
does ford have any resolution yet ?

bkool2323

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Brought my 21 lariat in for oil change and 2 recalls. Asked about doing the Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01. Got a blank stare, after the service writer read the letter, stated could not be done at this time. I have resigned myself to just wait for the over the air update to do its thing when ever. The only feature I miss is the ability to turn on the cameras while driving at highway speeds. I think the updates at the dealers is over their heads, may do more damage than good.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Were you able to get it taken care of at the dealer? Good luck and safe driving!!!
Sorry forgot to update.
They got my recalls etc done but nothing on the BC. They said they had a call in with Ford but it would be days before they hear back so they had me pick the truck up. I guess the truck wouldn't accept any of the updates. This is 2nd hand from the service writer.
I am not really upset, on another thread on this site I learned there are a bunch of people stuck at the same update as mine who just received an notification that our trucks will be OTA updated soon. I looked under connected services in the app and I also received the notification so I am guessing I will receive the OTA BC updates. Also I have never had problems getting updates before just was never the first to get them.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't think the dealership would actually do damage to the truck in an effort to apply the 14-20 module updates a Job1 2021 truck likely has available, but I do think it's highly likely they will fail to accomplish the task.

It takes a skillset and a fairly methodical approach. Those that have done it themselves could do it again on someone else's truck. And they know exactly why the dealership probably will fail.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford has been wokring on my job1 bluecruise update since 4/12 7AM
They say all modules have updated except the last module will not stick ? Not sure what this mean. Now they are waiting for For hot line to call them back.

hat does anyone suggest ?

Sponsored

Andster

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Stuck on 1.7.1 update, delivery Jan '21, took to dealer for the update this week. They had it 2 days and now Blue Cruise is activated and I have the truck back. Sorry other people are having issues. :(

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Stuck on 1.7.1 update, delivery Jan '21, took to dealer for the update this week. They had it 2 days and now Blue Cruise is activated and I have the truck back. Sorry other people are having issues. :(
which dealership ? maybe they can help my tech to finish ?

Dishrag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 limited
does ford have any resolution yet ?
Nope! Waiting on Ford engineer to call them back. They said it’s not going to happen with the holiday so they said come pick it up and they will call when they get an update from ford. No joy, and no signs of this getting done anytime soon!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ford has been wokring on my job1 bluecruise update since 4/12 7AM
They say all modules have updated except the last module will not stick ? Not sure what this mean. Now they are waiting for For hot line to call them back.

hat does anyone suggest ?
Would help if they conveyed accurately what "last module will not stick" means literally.

The final update(s) that enables BC is actually four modules and their updates are chained together. In other words, even though FDRS does not present them as linked together, if you attempt any one of the four, the update procedure automatically launches the next update in the group, rather than just completing the one you just applied.

kgtapley

First Name
Ken Tapley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I also bought a 2021 Platinum in Jan 2021. Everything has worked fine on my truck except the OTA update. You took your truck to dealer to install Blue Cruise? Were you told why it wouldn’t load via OTA? Also I have had a problem getting the slide button on for the automatic updates. It takes several try’s and that’s only after using two fingers on the slide button and area to left of slide button at same time. Take several tries but eventually the slide button will stay on……..until I switch truck off and after switching it back on I find the slide button in off position. I am in my garage and my wifi is connected to truck. Also I set the date and time for updates and that goes away after switching truck off also. Didn’t know if you experienced similar issue. Also what about other routine updates? As far as I know my truck has not updated OTA anything. Never have used this type of tech before so I am kind of lost on it. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored