First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Looks like it's Texas. I know I've seen as high as 75 in the Midwest.
My company's corporate office is in Houston. Been to Texas a few times I never seen a limit that high. Im not doubting I just want to know what roads so I can drive them too😎

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Looks like it's Texas. I know I've seen as high as 75 in the Midwest.
Yeah, Kansas has a number of 75 areas.

South Dakota has areas that are 80 MPH. Moving straight north of Sioux City, IA on I-29 and it really starts to scoot.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Bring it on down to TX. The speed limit is 85 on a Toll road that was built a few years ago between Austin and San Antonio.

Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
My company's corporate office is in Houston. Been to Texas a few times I never seen a limit that high. Im not doubting I just want to know what roads so I can drive them too😎
You have to get out of the big metro areas before they up the speed limit to 75+. I think the Austin tollroad bypass is the closest to where large numbers of people live.

Of course in Dallas and Houston, you still have to drive 80 or you get run over regardless of what the speed limit sign says.

tone_zr1

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited, 2010 Corvette ZR1,2021 F150 plat
Occupation
Telecommunications
I'm still on 2.1.1. Not sure why I haven't received any updates in the past couple of months.

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I just called the local dealership. They had NO IDEA of this letter, and asked me to please bring it in to the dealership so they can see it. I'm printing it now.

Grrrr.
Hope you have luck with your dealership - mine sat there for 4 days before I picked it up, they had another in for BC update and after 4 days they were still struggling to get it to work, so they didn't want to try mine until they figured that one out. I've seen in facebook groups where people had major issues from some dealerships and others were successful in updates.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
For those of us that have done our own FDRS updates in order to "catch up" and get things like Bluecruise and Cameras-at-speed...... We are not surprised that a dealership would struggle in learning all the idiosyncrasies of successfully accomplishing the task.

Having said that, my own personal opinion is that it requires a different mindset than is normal at a dealership service department. Or to put it another way, nobody that has ever worked in a Ford service department has needed to have this skillset before. It's a fundamental shift in many ways.

Sponsored

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Took mine in for the update and after 3 days they had only updated 4 modules. I was told I need a new APIM which we are waiting on. I took the truck home while I wait for the part. When I picked it up the 12 volt battery was dead. Thankfully it was a Powerboost so I could drive it home. Over the weekend I realized I no longer have Intelligent Speed Assist or the driving assist. I have a 6K mile trip coming up and its not looking good.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Took mine in for the update and after 3 days they had only updated 4 modules. I was told I need a new APIM which we are waiting on. I took the truck home while I wait for the part. When I picked it up the 12 volt battery was dead. Thankfully it was a Powerboost so I could drive it home. Over the weekend I realized I no longer have Intelligent Speed Assist or the driving assist. I have a 6K mile trip coming up and its not looking good.
So w dead battery did your combustion engine start after the hybrid electric got you going ?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E (1st Edition), '09 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
IT Architect
When update 2.4.2 was installed (on my Mach-E) there was a notice that reverse emergency breaking may not be available for for the first 10-15 minutes the next time you use it. But for me ... I *also* noticed that my cruise and lane-centering was also not working. After about 15 minutes of driving, I pulled off, switched the car off and back on ... and all was well again. (My Job1 car now has BC fully enabled.)

If your dealer did do this update for you ... then it's entirely possible that this is normal and it should be working correctly the next time you drive it. (let's hope that's all it is.)

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I'm still stuck on 1.7.1 I just watched the informative YouTube video and it seems that after hours of effort he got his truck updated to that point but nothing more and he was planning on OTA updates to get him over the finish line. I'm very tired of waiting.
I went “all the way” and got BlueCruise (finally). There were probably another 6 updates after the TSB procedure, and BC was actually surprisingly anti-climatic. I didn’t get any special emails, FordPass notifications, or see the ability to activate BC in my ford “Connected Services” stuff in the website.

I went for a test drive, and wanted to see how lane keeping was working, hit the button, and almost pooped myself when the mythical “hands free” screen appeared!
I’ll do a review at some point, but after a week with BC I’d say it was worth the wait and will be very handy during some long summer drives we have coming up.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost

99.99% chance that you do not need an APIM

It can be a pesky dang module to update, but there's nothing actually wrong with it.
Sponsored