Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Bought my F150 Lariat end of December got a $600 rebate for BC. Dealer said when it comes online I could just pay the $600 to activate it. On my way from the dealer BC turned on. Not saying anything to them though. Now it only works on 26 near Charleston, SC. It is a little strange to get used to it but it’s a cool feature not sure I would pay $600 as I don’t do a lot of highway driving.
Dealerships are so stupid.
Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Hey guys, newbie here with a quick question. On the trucks without BC at all, and only have the copilot 2.0 package, can the lane keep assist be turned off but still keep adaptive cruise on? That way you can cruise down the road without getting the hands on wheel notices that some of you guys are getting even when your hands are on the wheel? Thanks.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Got an email this morning from Ford saying that a BC map update was coming soon. Anyone else get it?

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Man, I'm just gonna get an ankle weight. This is ridiculous. And before the naysayers hit me up. I don't even want to keep my hands off of the wheel. I just want it to stop beeping at me to keep my hands on the wheel when they're actually on the wheel. I'm actually more comfortable with my hands on the wheel than off, but I have to exaggerate my steering every minute or so because it can't tell my hands are there. It's a hassle. That's all I wanted this update for, but it's looking like I'm not gonna get it anytime soon.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Man, I'm just gonna get an ankle weight. This is ridiculous. And before the naysayers hit me up. I don't even want to keep my hands off of the wheel. I just want it to stop beeping at me to keep my hands on the wheel when they're actually on the wheel. I'm actually more comfortable with my hands on the wheel than off, but I have to exaggerate my steering every minute or so because it can't tell my hands are there. It's a hassle. That's all I wanted this update for, but it's looking like I'm not gonna get it anytime soon.
I’ll agree with this 100%. I wish there was a way to just use regular cruise control and turn it off sometimes. I hate fighting the steering wheel and getting the warning myself when my hands are on the wheel with a death grip.

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I’ll agree with this 100%. I wish there was a way to just use regular cruise control and turn it off sometimes. I hate fighting the steering wheel and getting the warning myself when my hands are on the wheel with a death grip.
It’s very simple to turn it off and still use the adaptive cruise. Just hit the car between two dotted lines button on the steering wheel. This will turn off all of the steering assistance.

Reactions: DK4

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
It’s very simple to turn it off and still use the adaptive cruise. Just hit the car between two dotted lines button on the steering wheel. This will turn off all of the steering assistance.
Well I‘ll be damn, thank you!

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Hey guys, newbie here with a quick question. On the trucks without BC at all, and only have the copilot 2.0 package, can the lane keep assist be turned off but still keep adaptive cruise on? That way you can cruise down the road without getting the hands on wheel notices that some of you guys are getting even when your hands are on the wheel? Thanks.
Yep, once you enable the system, you get the bubble around the truck and a bubble in the front of the truck, if you turn off the lane assist, the bubble around the truck goes away but the front bubble stays. What’s weird is the lane keep is still on because I can feel the steering wheel aid when you get close to the line.

Reactions: DK4

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
After owning my truck for about 12 months and driving over 31,000 miles without out the Bluecruise being activated I think it’s long overdue. I was really looking forward to using it at least once on one of my long multi thousand mile trips before I get rid of it. Probably won’t spend the $600 to activate it if it takes much longer. No issues other than low gas mileage while trailering.

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
On a side note, for those of you with Blue Cruise, does it seem to have the damndest time staying centered? On my last 2 long trips it would "bounce" between the lines of the lane, super annoying and made me a bit nauseous. I thought maybe the truck was pulling, but whenever I turn it off it and let go of the wheel, it tracks straight as can be.

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Got an email this morning from Ford saying that a BC map update was coming soon. Anyone else get it?
I did as well.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
You can actually turn off the lane centering but keep the lane keep assist on.

I want the lane centering on, but I don't want it to beep me. I checked yesterday. I had my hands on the wheel and still got buzzed almost every 15 seconds telling me to keep my hands on the wheel. Wtf lol. Ankle weight it is.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I do agree that more companies should do the thing Cadillac does where it is a touch sensor instead of the torque sensor. Torque sensors don't work well and are annoying to boot.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Yep, once you enable the system, you get the bubble around the truck and a bubble in the front of the truck, if you turn off the lane assist, the bubble around the truck goes away but the front bubble stays. What’s weird is the lane keep is still on because I can feel the steering wheel aid when you get close to the line.
There is a second backup lane keep that you can also adjust/disable in the settings. I think they technically call the one that turns on with ACC "Lane Centering" vs a lower level lane keeping that is set to always active, I think more for the purpose of keeping you from going off the road. It has different assist levels and can be disabled.
Sponsored