First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
My theory makes more sense now than ever. If the early build Mach e isn’t getting it either. I really believe the ipma is the issue and that will need to be replaced on all job one and early production Mach e in order for blue cruise to work. The job 2 trucks have a newer ipma. I am willing to bet you drop a newer ipma in a job 1 truck and bc will be available. Only problem is the new ipma is about 3k versus the early ipma being 500$
This fully explains why they are more money also. I always wondered why the price jump.
I wonder if they’ll do what Tesla did. When you “buy” the blue cruise, they’ll update the necessary hardware to make it work.
Sponsored

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Got my truck back with issues on Intelligent Cruise Control, Issues with Sync 4, Issues with Automatic Braking, or whatever it is called.

For Intelligent Cruise Control, they reinstalled the firmware and adjusted some hardware, probably cameras.

For the Sync 4 issues, a new OTA is coming out in the middle of February and the dealer will have access to it in early March. I have to take it back, as this OTA will fix the Sync 4 issues, as I am stuck on an early OTA.

I have contacted my dealer I bought the truck from, which is a national volume dealer asking if they have heard anything about the delay in Blue Cruise and if they have heard anything about Job1 trucks not being able to get it without a new module that probably isn't available to replace anyway?

Hope you all have a great rest of your week.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
I picked up my truck just before Christmas. It’s a late November build Tremor. This is Blue Cruise, correct?
CC001A71-61D1-48B3-8164-EFCA61E51941.jpeg
Yes it would appear so. Lucky you!

I'm wondering what makes your truck different than my June build. And why the news still says Blue Cruise is in "Beta Testing" and won't be out till roughly late summer.

It's also not available on my Mach-E right now but that has a defective APIM (it's the issue where as soon as you try to turn on Nav...it opens and immediately shuts back down). That APIM has been on backorder for about 3 months now on my Mach-E.

So not impressed with Ford's ability on many levels right now.

I come from a production and logistics support background for aviation. And although I know trucks and cars don't have the same level of criticality as aircraft do, I was brought up that you tracked your part(s) requirements all the way back to the manufacturer if necessary in order to provide total parts visibility. My dealership service and parts team are saying that all they get told is the part isn't available and that they'd get laughed off the phone if they asked when the next one was expected in the warehouse.

So yeah, no Blue Cruise on either vehicle, OTAs that end up causing more issues (as an example; two out of three OTAs are successful, but because the third isn't, your "Speed Sign Recognition" isn't available, or some other problem that requires another trip to the service dept so they can update using their system).

Mike

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate

I'm wondering what makes your truck different than my June build. And why the news still says Blue Cruise is in "Beta Testing" and won't be out till roughly late summer.

It's also not available on my Mach-E right now but that has a defective APIM (it's the issue where as soon as you try to turn on Nav...it opens and immediately shuts back down). That APIM has been on backorder for about 3 months now on my Mach-E.

So not impressed with Ford's ability on many levels right now.

I come from a production and logistics support background for aviation. And although I know trucks and cars don't have the same level of criticality as aircraft do, I was brought up that you tracked your part(s) requirements all the way back to the manufacturer if necessary in order to provide total parts visibility. My dealership service and parts team are saying that all they get told is the part isn't available and that they'd get laughed off the phone if they asked when the next one was expected in the warehouse.

So yeah, no Blue Cruise on either vehicle, OTAs that end up causing more issues (as an example; two out of three OTAs are successful, but because the third isn't, your "Speed Sign Recognition" isn't available, or some other problem that requires another trip to the service dept so they can update using their system).

Mike
I haven’t heard anything about blue crews being in a beta only mode. Blue Cruz appears fully functional and working on later builds. There has been some debate debate about whether the APIM module in the first generation builds is up to snuff but no one has confirmed that. As best as I can tell the issue is how to get the software installed into the truck. So to answer the question based upon what I know which admittedly is not a lot that the reason why blue cruise is not operational in our trucks it’s simply because the software to operate the system is not installed and for some reason cannot yet be delivered to us.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education
I contacted my selling dealership about the APIM/module issues. This is a dealer that in non-covid years sells a few thousand trucks a year. They have reached out to their regional folks about the APIM/module issue on Job1 trucks and the rumor that is on other forums about the delay until later in 2022 for Blue Cruise.

I also talked to a few other dealers in Iowa and they claim that they have not heard anything either.

Just passing on some info.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I would rather have the money back, my wrist weight works great and on all roads with lines. Still glad I got the front parking sensors at least.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited

Mike
Job 1 versus Job 2 truck.

Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Does anyone have an estimate of how many Job 1 vs Job 2 trucks out of the 726k sold in 2021?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education
I would rather have the money back, my wrist weight works great and on all roads with lines. Still glad I got the front parking sensors at least.
Can you show some pics and/or video of what you are doing with a wrist weight? Thanks

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Just FYI this is a good way to die. To each their own but this has killed multiple Tesla drivers with a system that is arguably more advanced than what is in your truck.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
Let me know if you ever drive through Colorado so I can warn my family and friends to stay off the road.
Sponsored