First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
This is very strange... I got an email from Ford on 9/9/2021 about the imminent arrival of BlueCruise. In that email it states:

Our latest cutting‑edge driving experience is nearly here. The Ford BlueCruise* driver‑assist feature is the most recent innovation designed to help keep your vehicle at the forefront of driving technology. Your vehicle is already equipped with the necessary hardware for this feature. The Ford Power‑Up software update, delivered over the air, is on its way in fall 2021. Just when you thought your ride couldn’t get any sweeter.
The strange thing is that according to my window sticker, I only have:
  • Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0
Not the "Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active prep" package (or whatever they called it) that is supposedly required for BlueCruise.

While I figure that it's more likely that the marketing team's database is wrong and I got the email in error; it should would be a nice surprise!
I have the sensor in the driver's side windshield post, but I don't see the one on the right side of the buttons at the top of the dash. Is there a definitive way to tell if my truck really is (or is not) "equipped with the necessary hardware"?

Thanks.

P.S. Is there anyone else here who has a hard time saying "BlueCruise"? I keep wanting to say "Blue's Clues". (A kid's show that my children used to watch.)
Sponsored

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
This is very strange... I got an email from Ford on 9/9/2021 about the imminent arrival of BlueCruise. In that email it states:

Not the "Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active prep" package (or whatever they called it) that is supposedly required for BlueCruise.

While I figure that it's more likely that the marketing team's database is wrong and I got the email in error; it should would be a nice surprise!
I have the sensor in the driver's side windshield post, but I don't see the one on the right side of the buttons at the top of the dash. Is there a definitive way to tell if my truck really is (or is not) "equipped with the necessary hardware"?

Thanks.

P.S. Is there anyone else here who has a hard time saying "BlueCruise"? I keep wanting to say "Blue's Clues". (A kid's show that my children used to watch.)

JediNut,

At night time, turn your truck on, take your phone and video the A-Pillar sensor AND the extreme right of shiny black row of buttons, above center screen. If you see purple/red flashing lights (can only be picked up by digital camera), then you have the face recognition cameras built in. Why? perhaps you got lucky misbuild :cool:
Good Luck

DEEPDOWN

Last edited:

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Yeah this has come up a lot, I think Ford is just confused by their own naming scheme and sent it out to everyone with Co-Pilot assist, even though it's lacking the hardware. Just disregard it.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek

Sponsored

Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I registered a week ago and when i look at the early access I’m still wait listed..i guess I’m not one of the lucky ones to be picked up quickly for the update….

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry

Thanks.

Thanks.

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
I registered a week ago and when i look at the early access I’m still wait listed..i guess I’m not one of the lucky ones to be picked up quickly for the update….
I have my 21 Platinum for 1 month with 1200 miles and haven't received the Blue cruise. email. Which department at Ford sent out your email!
Thanks

I

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL

Thanks.

I have the option and blue cruise level 1 is active which amounts to hands free on most state highways . The level 2 system might come later which is said to be able to navigate /turn /stop/start. As long as you keep looking ahead .
Sponsored