First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
I'm impatient, so I ran the updates on my J1 2021 PB Platinum yesterday (01/27/2021 build) via FDRS and things went fine. Took about 8 hours total (PCM, CMR, PSCM, CCM, IPMA, DSM, PDM, DDM, IPC, GW (x2), APIM (x3) ).. I had just updated everything back in February, so quite the payload. I updated PCM & gateway first, then did the CCM, which also invoked most of the rest of the 'chain'. After the 2nd GW update, there were several APIM updates, which immediately popped up as available in FDRS after I installed the prior prerequisite version. Used my trusty 5'ish year old VCM2 CN clone as I usually do without issues. I put my laptop on an extension cord and disabled sleep, but didn't bother with a charger on truck itself.. i've found just turning off all accessories/hvac minimizes power drain and saves the hassle.

I took it out today for a test drive, and it works pretty well. I can view the bed at speed off the bat too, but I still need to do the other config changes in forscan to get the hitch at speed. Driver monitoring system is pretty good.. it could detect my eyes looking/open, even with polarized sunglasses on.

At that, happy to have the feature, but I do still question if it's truly any better at this point than CP360 2.0 that came with it.. only enhancements I see are new graphics in the IPC and lack of need to 'debounce' the driver alert every 10 seconds of course. CP 'stock' did a pretty good job itself as it was. I suppose I have a year now to decide to keep it or not, so we will see after I use it more.

Glad ford did finally release it though! I am just irked I have to fork out $ to update an under-warranty vehicle. IMO FDRS should scan the vin/mileage of a connected vehicle first, and if it's under warranty, just let you in, but I digress :)

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GK232omxxqCy1KMm7

Ford F-150 BlueCruise action in J1 2021 PowerBoost Platinum PXL_20220427_133914371
Sponsored

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Ford F-150 BlueCruise action in J1 2021 PowerBoost Platinum 20220427_122625

I just picked up my truck from my dealership today to have 2 recalls (trailer brake and underside shield) and Bluecruise updated. They had the truck for a week, due to back order parts on the recall. Bluecruise works perfectly, love the new update of the bed camera view while driving too.

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
Dropped my F-150 on Sunday so that they'd start on it on Monday. They say it will be ready for me first thing in the morning.

Net effect is that it was a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to do the recalls (insulation and trailering problem) as well as the BlueCruise update/installation as well as tow mirror installation.

I probably won't get to try out the BlueCruise until this weekend.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Dropped my F-150 on Sunday so that they'd start on it on Monday. They say it will be ready for me first thing in the morning.

Net effect is that it was a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to do the recalls (insulation and trailering problem) as well as the BlueCruise update/installation as well as tow mirror installation.

I probably won't get to try out the BlueCruise until this weekend.
has anyone had a successfull Blecruise update at a dealer in Raleigh or Cary North Carolina ?

Sponsored

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
has anyone had a successfull Blecruise update at a dealer in Raleigh or Cary North Carolina ?
Give your dealership a call and ask if they have done one. I asked mine before I let them do it.

dorf

First Name
RL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f50 Limited
I took my J1 2021 Limited Powerboost in for recalls and BlueCruise update. They had my truck for ~6 days. They said BlueCruise updated, but I took it on the interstate highway and it did not do hands free. I don’t see any different settings. What should I look for to see if BlueCruise is installed?

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Mine is going in for recalls next month and my service writer brought up the Blue Cruise update. He said they've done a few and the download time has ranged from 7 hours to 17 hours. I told him to schedule it with the rrcalls. Really only one will end up being completed, the trailer brake. The insulation was done last month and the wiper motors will probably not be available yet. I'll have The Works done while there and have them check the rear axle bolts.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
this is making me sad. my dealer had my tuck from last Tuesday for the blue cruise update and couldn't get it to work. in fact after updating everything it caused a problem with the collision avoidance system causing it to constantly stop the truck. they found a way to disable that i guess so i could have my truck back while they wait for the ford engineers to figure it out. mine and another are having the same problem. i think it has all the updates but no blue cruise working yet.

I'm just happy to have my truck back and not have to drive a tiny escape for a bit but now my 1 year shows active and i can't use it.

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
I've got just a little experience with the BlueCruise in my 2021 F-150. The install at the dealer was over a 3 day period of time but recalls and tow mirror installations were done as well.

I'm pleased but not incredibly impressed so far. At this time I'm thinking of it as a safety measure rather than a great change in driving.

It's sorta seamless in terms of basic operation. You simply engage the cruise control and at times the computer/truck decides that it will do the BlueCruise thing. It actually surprised me and did it some on a couple of city streets which do have a median strip and four lanes. I've not yet seen if it will brake for red lights and such but I'm guessing it will except that since I do try to minimize fuel consumption (that really matters at California gas prices) and I ended up lightly hitting the brakes before I would guess the computer would have hit them.

Today we went from the Central Valley up to Yosemite and back. Averaged about 24mpg despite rather significant changes in elevation.

I think about 46 miles were on Highway 99 which is freeway.

BlueCruise was kind of nice to have but I mostly stayed in the right-hand lane and I'd say about 90% of off-ramps I passed resulted in the computer telling me to take over the steering. That would sort of make sense given that the right-hand line sorta disappears at the entrance to the off-ramp. The problem is that it would have me take over the steering after I had passed the off-ramp and that doesn't really solve a problem.

I'd say that about 20% of on-ramps also resulted in the computer telling me to take the wheel.

The upshot is that I spent quite a bit of time steering the BlueCruise vehicle.

I'm guessing that getting into the other lanes would have resulted in fewer episodes of the computer telling me to take over and might be more pleasing.

ejosterberg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum, 17 Explorer Limited, 11 Edge
Occupation
Engineer
I contacted a dealer in Tempe Arizona regarding the trailer controller recall last Monday 5/2/22. They were scheduling customers for Mid to late June. I shared with them my plans to tow a trailer from Arizona to Minnesota this past weekend. They offered if the truck was dropped off on Wednesday before 7am, they might have it done Friday around noon... Sadly, to make it home for Mothers day, I needed it done Thursday.
So purchased the Mongoose Adapter on Amazon, delivered Wednesday, stayed up all night and into Thursday morning. Now have new bugs (thanks Ford) but I have Blue Cruise and I got rid of the common errors and trouble with the brake controller. 17 modules updated, some requiring multiple updates.
I learned there's no Blue Cruise with a trailer attached, but I'm loving hands free driving!

Here's my video clip around town here in Minneapolis Minnesota.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4eLi56Hbet1KYs4UA
Sponsored