Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver

True Hands-Free, meaning no hands needed on the steering wheel while driving... AND enjoying adaptive cruise control is pretty special to me and one of the reasons I bought my truck.

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
I might have opted in for the hardware if it were offered on the XL, but going up to the XLT was more money than I wanted to spend.

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
So how does one get the 1.2 BC update?

I've set my truck up on my home Wifi network and also set it up for auto updates?

BT is a pay service? I seem to have it on my used '21, maybe because it has some used truck certifications or something?

Sorry if I missed this info already in this thread.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
It's a combination of adaptive cruise, lane keeping, and allowing hands-free driving. Now if you said it's nothing more than adaptive cruise and lane keeping, I would almost agree with you. The completely hands-free driving is nice. They say it reduces stress. I can say that there is a noticeable difference going from hands on the wheel and steering versus hands-free. On a long trip, I can imagine this would reduce stress.

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
So how does one get the 1.2 BC update?

I've set my truck up on my home Wifi network and also set it up for auto updates?

BT is a pay service? I seem to have it on my used '21, maybe because it has some used truck certifications or something?

Sorry if I missed this info already in this thread.
It's coming out on MY23 lightening and Mach E. We're hoping it gets pushed out as an update to MY21/22 F150s with bluecruise.

Yes, BC is a paid subscription. My MY22 Platinum came with a 3 year subscription. After that, I believe it is $600 for 3 years.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
So much more.
Hands free driving, precise lane keeping. No jogging between lines, speed and distance control. Lane changes. Speed sign monitoring. All this combined makes for a better driving experience than just adaptive cruse.
Even lane centering by its self is pretty dodgy. I have adaptive cruse in my 2020 and bt 1.2 in my 23. I can say the latter is way better.
If I'm in the far right lane and someone is merging into my lane my truck predicts and slows enough to allow that driver in. Passing traffic on left or right even in curves my truck stays rock solid in center. If traffic ahead is slowing even to a stop my truck keeps the rhythm.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
If you don't have the CMRs, you don't have bluecruise. The lane centering and bluecruise are nearly identical except for the hands free portion that's enabled with the CMRs.

Look at these areas w/ your key on w/ your cellphone camera. Do you see IR light flickering?

Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video 1678726970111

Do you have this button on your steering wheel?
Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video 1678727028575

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
You'll likely find the same windshield mounted camera in them. There's 1 company that makes most of them. BC only works in mapped areas -- that's not unique to ford, that's basically everyone. Ford seems to be on a 6 month notable update cycle to at least show they're making improvements. Can't speak to the other units in regards to receiving updates, but personally I prefer the assist version in my F150 vs the active in the MME w/ hands free.

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
What you’re describing is lane keep assist and lane centering. Blue Cruise is hands free and notifies you that it’s hands free.
Sponsored