Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I actually miss good forums. I really like the GMC but GM truck forums really suck.. ;)
Well I admit that you have always been a great contributer to this forum. :)

But you definitely now carry a burden that you didn't previously. Lol

So, on your fully dressed Denali, is it similar to what was described by HammaMan with his brief stint with SuperCruise? Specifically, that if not in SuperCruise mode, do you lose lane centering?
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Well I admit that you have always been a great contributer to this forum. :)

But you definitely now carry a burden that you didn't previously. Lol

So, on your fully dressed Denali, is it similar to what was described by HammaMan with his brief stint with SuperCruise? Specifically, that if not in SuperCruise mode, do you lose lane centering?
The GMC doesn't have the hands on steering assist, if that's what you mean. Using regular cruise control, you are driving the truck. The steering will give a tug in the direction to maintain the lane and and vibrate the seat but that's it. Whether you are using cruise or not, the truck alerts you that you are on a Super Cruise road by showing a steering wheel on the heads up display.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's pretty much what HammaMan described. Which I don't know if GM will always take that approach, but I would consider it disappointing. Even strange.

I guess it would depend upon the day to day driving that the owner normally experiences, but I spend very few miles on true Bluecruise Roads, yet continuously enjoy the Bluecruise-Lite, which I call hands-on Bluecruise, if you will. Or put another way, Lane centering is very much a mainstay of Adaptive Cruise in my daily driving. I don't think I would even miss actual hands free, if I were to lose it.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
That's pretty much what HammaMan described. Which I don't know if GM will always take that approach, but I would consider it disappointing. Even strange.

I guess it would depend upon the day to day driving that the owner normally experiences, but I spend very few miles on true Bluecruise Roads, yet continuously enjoy the Bluecruise-Lite, which I call hands-on Bluecruise, if you will. Or put another way, Lane centering is very much a mainstay of Adaptive Cruise in my daily driving. I don't think I would even miss actual hands free, if I were to lose it.
Yeah, sounds like he's the same way mine was. It's either working in hands free lane centering or no lane centering, just annoying nudges on line riding. The LED strip in the steering wheel is kinda nice -- it goes green when active. When I used it, a little icon showed up in the IPC saying it was available and you had to hit a button to turn it on. Ford's system is better in that you default to hands-on 'self driving' (used loosely) and hands free when available. GM was more radar based cruise control, and when available you could hit the hands free button. It wouldn't automatically engage. Whereas w/ ford, if you're using 'cruise control' the lane centering automatically comes on, followed up w/ auto hands-free engagement where available. The GM was a separate function entirely. They could patch that out I assume, but the function of self-driving is all or nothing. They have more roads mapped than ford does, but the fact it won't self-drive (maybe self steer is better nomenclature?) was a real letdown.

Lane centering provides loads of entertainment :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I look forward to 1.2 though as it should patch that non-hands-free mode as well since it's pretty much the same algo underneath. The MME and F150's behavior is pretty much the same (F150 isn't hands free), though the F150's cam position being higher actually gives it the edge.

Both still suffer from turn-induced-body-roll causing the cam to think the road's changed (inducing a slight jerky input causing body roll causing more jerky input -- it will 'tick' around some turns). Based on the vid here w/ the 1.2 in the F150, that same damn issue is present.

Watch at 9:57 in the vid, the road bounciness translates into the camera being tricked by uneven road causing the wheel to move despite the road remaining straight.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
^^^^

A good argument for a rear Antisway bar to go with the factory front? 😁

Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
^^^^

A good argument for a rear Antisway bar to go with the factory front? 😁
Yeah, you're convincing me. I'm holding out until it's warm at least. Plus, hoping that Steeda comes through with testing their setup on a 4x2.

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
Here's the link. I got my license here and it worked fine. The pricss have changed a bit, but they are way cheaper than other places.

FDRS LICENSE
Do you have a direct contact for this guy? I started to join the forum to message him and the price to join is $29.00. It's not bad but I only need to message the guy for the FDRS purchase.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired

That's an F150 plus for you for sure. It wasn't for me as I don't use cruise control of any sort on surface streets 2 or 4 lanes, just on interstates /freeways. If I lived away from a large metro area, I'd probably think differently.

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Do you have a direct contact for this guy? I started to join the forum to message him and the price to join is $29.00. It's not bad but I only need to message the guy for the FDRS purchase.
I'll look. I didn't have to pay to join. Double check that.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I don’t completely disagree with that but there is something really nice in rush hour not having to do the stop and go yourself or on a long road trip being able to eat on the move without having to do the old school knee driving. It certainly has its places which is why I like how Ford has it focused on divided highways vs Tesla trying to implement it everywhere including surface streets. It’s something everyone will have varying opinions on for sure.
As someone who uses BC every day I agree with @Snakebitten.. It is very convenient particularly in stop and go traffic where I don't have to constantly brake and accelerate..
Before this truck, I never used even cruise control.. But as helpful as this system is, I am a complete convert!

Sponsored

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
Thanks. I was on I-75, I-16, and I-95. All mapped. So weird it worked when in traffic, but would not engage when on open road. Maybe its just me?
Was your speed set for over 80 mph? BC doesn't work beyond 80..

So what you describe happens to me all the time on Texas freeways where the speed limit is 75 many places.. So when I set the speed for above 80, every time I come up behind a car that is going slower than 80, BC engages and then once the road is clear, it accelerates and disengages!

Not sure if you are setting the speed higher than 80!

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Thanks. I was on I-75, I-16, and I-95. All mapped. So weird it worked when in traffic, but would not engage when on open road. Maybe its just me?

My Blue Cruise cares not if cars are around or not. Blue Cruise has disengaged if it senses I need to take control. Say the road takes a turn with a heavy grade or bridge that has a transition in the road. If that transition in the road causes the truck to get bouncy, it can cause the Blue Cruise to panic for lack of a better term and request driver interaction. You do have to have your hands on the wheel for it to engage, but no hands required after. Ford does a great job of tracking your eyes though and it demands you pay attention to the road, for good reason. Even just looking at the gauges to long it will alert. Love my Blue Cruise. Really looking forward to better lane centering as it does hug the line and gets sketchy next to semi trucks. Lane change, bravo Ford! One step at a time, it's all coming together.

Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video Screenshot_20230310_114600_Photos

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Was your speed set for over 80 mph? BC doesn't work beyond 80..

So what you describe happens to me all the time on Texas freeways where the speed limit is 75 many places.. So when I set the speed for above 80, every time I come up behind a car that is going slower than 80, BC engages and then once the road is clear, it accelerates and disengages!

Not sure if you are setting the speed higher than 80!
I’ve thought many times to come here and ask if anyone has figured out how to change this to 85 using forscan but have feared the wrath of the it’s not safe crowd!

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I’ve thought many times to come here and ask if anyone has figured out how to change this to 85 using forscan but have feared the wrath of the it’s not safe crowd!
I would find that very helpful actually! SH 130 has a speed limit of 80! Most people drive at 85... It would be helpful if BC was available to 85

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Ford does a great job of tracking your eyes though and it demands you pay attention to the road, for good reason. Even just looking at the gauges to long it will alert. Love my Blue Cruise. Really looking forward to better lane centering as it does hug the line and gets sketchy next to semi trucks. Lane change, bravo Ford! One step at a time, it's all coming together.

Screenshot_20230310_114600_Photos.jpg
This? Fire away
Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video 47A0DA70-CBA6-4B4B-BAAB-2AA50A7453A5
Sponsored