Sponsored

natefons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
for those of you w/o BC update (ford has it paused since jan from what i was told).

Can the FDRS route bypass it? or is it completely removed from even that
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
for those of you w/o BC update (ford has it paused since jan from what i was told).

Can the FDRS route bypass it? or is it completely removed from even that
Some situations it can. Depends on if the IPC update is showing for your truck or not. If it isnt then youll be best off to wait

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Is it common for Ford to hide that IPC update?
Is there any kind of pattern that is noticeable between those have FDRS access to the update and those that don't?

Amazing that my 1 year license finally expired and there are still trucks that haven't been updated. :(

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Ha! No wonder it's terrifying!

Thanks for the clarification.
Like the others mentioned, this is what your dash cluster will look like when full hands free blue cruise is active. The image above just shows a snippet, this is the whole cluster display.

Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video 0711BB6E-6639-4CBD-9C64-C68EEAFC91C0

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
YEah.. THat is a guess. I cant say thats for sure. So we will see. Dont fry me if June comes and it isnt here.
Maybe if enough of us don’t subscribe to BC as they start coming up to pay someone at Ford will start asking why. We can tell them we’re still waiting for BC 2.1 that they announced was being being sent out back in September. It‘s so crazy to think I still wouldn’t have BC plus a bunch of buggy software in the truck if not for this forum and the help of people like Jesse and others. I wouldn’t have a Ford anymore if I wasn’t able to do the updates myself. I would have sold and bought a GMC Sierra with super cruise.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just asking.....

Have you spent much time on the GMC/Chevy forum? Specifically SuperCruise threads?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was honestly just asking.

But consider this....
There are many thousands upon thousands of 2022 & now 2023 F150's that were immune to the fiasco of Bluecruise that the 2021 guys have endured.

I personally have had both trucks. And honestly I loved my 2021 Platinum when I turned the keys over for my long awaited 2022.

But the 2021 that I traded in was NOT the same truck that I first acquired. It had something like 22 or 23 FDRS updates all documented here on the forum.

Had I never owned the 2021, I'd hardly be aware of any OTA or Bluecruise related stories.

If I had to guess, over on the SuperCruise threads there will be some split across the opinions and experiences, and they likely are divided similarly along build dates. For obvious reasons. And I have no reason to assume that the dealerships are any more well beloved over there than here either.

I bet if you were to purchase a 2023 Bluecruise or a 2023 SuperCruise you would statistically have a good chance of getting a truck that doesn't need all the tlc it takes to get a 2021 up to snuff. But once you DO get it there, you have basically caught the 2023!
Except you DO have multicontour seats, Park Assist, and heated steering wheel. :)

Glass half full, in my opinion.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I was honestly just asking.

But consider this....
There are many thousands upon thousands of 2022 & now 2023 F150's that were immune to the fiasco of Bluecruise that the 2021 guys have endured.

If I had to guess, over on the SuperCruise threads there will be some split across the opinions and experiences.
I had a SC equipped GM for all of 2 months. Not sure if it's true of all trims, but super cruise was either on and hands free, or it was strictly radar cruise with no lane centering. When they opened up more roads, right before I got rid of it, the logic was pretty dumb w/ out a lane centering option. I'd get stretches of highway some shorter than a mile where it was 'hands free' and then back to full-time hands on / no lane centering while on state highways.

Yet there's a company out there that could basically offer a tesla like system for stop and go via a device added below rearview mirror. Forget who it is but it's a pretty neat system for what it is. Fits many brands, ford wasn't one.

As for those who want to replace the IPMA, I'd suggest to hold off until the new one starts showing up with the better hardware in it, not just the old w/ the 1.2 update. Our current hardware is shit to put it nicely. It squeaks by okay with the 12" center screen, but those of us w/ the 15" screens have to put up with constant stuttering due to shit hardware. Did I mention the hardware was shit?

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Just asking.....

Have you spent much time on the GMC/Chevy forum? Specifically SuperCruise threads?
I now own a GMC 1500 Denali Ultimate with Super Cruise. It's significantly more advanced and works flawlessly. Lane changing is never a surprise as it vibrates the seat bottom on the side its going to change to before anything happens. I don't miss the steering wheel vibration that Ford uses to alert about lane keeping. GMC uses a vibration in the seat. No drop outs on tight Interstate curves. Yesterday it actually returned to my previous lane after a pass while negotiating a curve at the same time.

There are few Super Cruise threads because there's nothing to complain about.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Is there any kind of pattern that is noticeable between those have FDRS access to the update and those that don't?

Amazing that my 1 year license finally expired and there are still trucks that haven't been updated. :(
I just got the reminder that my 1 year license was expiring as well. I was thinking the same thing...I can't believe there are still trucks waiting on bluecruise. I'm gonna renew for another year. I can't not have access after unlimited access for the past year🤣

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

its an issue now and back when we first were doing all the updates. You remember how many guy i had to side load the update. Several were due to the IPC not showing. Now ford has halted 21G01 due to the IPC update not showing. Its not 100% of the time but when it doesnt show it causes huge issues

They also changed the IPC update form two seperate updates to one single update. Used to be you had one update and then the final. What was happening a lot was ot would mis match and not install both parts of the final update. You would have one file from the middle update and one from the final. I had to fix a lot of those.

If the IPC doesnt show the updates stop at that point. Some people were getting all the way to having all the updates except the IPC and that would cause huge config issues since the config updates depend on the other updates to change. Several guys had issues I had to manually activate BC and then 3-4 months later they get the notification BC is now available as it finally synced the info from a self report from the truck.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I now own a GMC 1500 Denali Ultimate with Super Cruise. It's significantly more advanced and works flawlessly. Lane changing is never a surprise as it vibrates the seat bottom on the side its going to change to before anything happens. I don't miss the steering wheel vibration that Ford uses to alert about lane keeping. GMC uses a vibration in the seat. No drop outs on tight Interstate curves. Yesterday it actually returned to my previous lane after a pass while negotiating a curve at the same time.

There are few Super Cruise threads because there's nothing to complain about.
Somehow I just knew that you would respond.

I guess it's just irresistible. :)

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Somehow I just knew that you would respond.

I guess it's just irresistible. :)
I actually miss good forums. I really like the GMC but GM truck forums really suck.. ;)
Sponsored