First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Mine bounces around quite a bit and slams on the breaks hard. My wife won’t let me use it while she’s in the car. I also saw elsewhere they 1.2 isn’t as annoying about the pay attention warnings which will be a HUGE bonus
Sponsored

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Since I've seen many users on here mention that they have to spend $50 for another 2 day license for FDRS, I wanted to comment. I found another forum where licenses were being sold for FDRS for 6 months or a year for significantly less. I paid about $80 for a 6 month license. FDRS activated with the key perfectly. I don't remember the forum of the top of my head, but I can look it up when I get home if anyone is interested.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Since I've seen many users on here mention that they have to spend $50 for another 2 day license for FDRS, I wanted to comment. I found another forum where licenses were being sold for FDRS for 6 months or a year for significantly less. I paid about $80 for a 6 month license. FDRS activated with the key perfectly. I don't remember the forum of the top of my head, but I can look it up when I get home if anyone is interested.
I would be very interested. I’m about to pull the trigger on a one year license but if there is a way for a cheaper option I’m all in.

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Here's the link. I got my license here and it worked fine. The pricss have changed a bit, but they are way cheaper than other places.

FDRS LICENSE

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Here's the link. I got my license here and it worked fine. The pricss have changed a bit, but they are way cheaper than other places.

FDRS LICENSE
I did similar but guys name was engmozaid. One thing to be aware of is these guys basically remote in to your computer to install the software. There is nothing to stop them from installing malware or even copying your Documents folder. When I did this, I took a old laptop with just windows and nothing else and had him install it there.

Sponsored

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Yeah, I didn't do the remote thing. I got a license and just entered it after installing the software.

Jmt5445

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f-150 powerboost lariat
Occupation
Purchasing manager
Does your truck have to have bluecruise already? Or can you add this and have bluecruise?

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I wonder if they will apply some of the software upgrades (like improved lane centering, biasing when passing) to the cruise control lane centering also!?

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Does your truck have to have bluecruise already? Or can you add this and have bluecruise?
Your truck would already have to have it. If not you would have to add all of the components first. There are separate posts on that topic but it’s not a simple add

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
I have a 2021 and had BC from when it was first released, and have used it quite a bit - this looks like a big improvement. I don't know if I'd re-subscribe for 3 years, between not knowing if I'm going to keep the car for that long and also seeing if theres a much better version out there that I can't get? The "hands-free" aspect of BC 1.0 is not the reason it's worthwhile (since it expects you to take over in many curves, I often have a hand somewhere on the wheel), but if they fix the issues and add lane changing...

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
I live close to town but commute on 2 lane country roads daily and in these situations BC is quite frightening actually. Ultimately requiring a lot more concentration than just driving.

I've used it on a major interstate 1x and it was pretty cool in that situation.

The issues I've noticed: 1) It's very reactionary, essentially looking at the road just in front of you and not really planning, 2) my roads all have curves to them. It'll overshoot a curve then over correct. This can be really unnerving when you have oncoming traffic and it'll essentially head right at them in a curve for a moment before swerving back, 3) it doesn't apply common sense as it works to maintain perfect lane centering not taking in to account oncoming trailers, giving people room, and so on, 4) it will really slam on the brakes pretty often, usually due to an auto around a curve that it thinks are in my lane, 5) it doesn't respond to speed warnings around curves. There is a curve by my home that is pretty gnarly at 75 mph yet it'll try!, 6) it doesn't learn from your input or common routes, 7) it doesn't coast, 8) in short it's like being driven around by a drunk 6 year old.

One thing I did realize after driving a small truck for many years, that in the new truck I was prone to riding too far to the right in my own lane due to the extra width. So the lane centering did make me aware of this.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I live close to town but commute on 2 lane country roads daily and in these situations BC is quite frightening actually. Ultimately requiring a lot more concentration than just driving.
BC doesn't activate on 2 lane country roads. You'll just have regular distance cruise. and not hands free. BC works on mapped divided highways.

You can look at the interactive map on this page for where Blue Cruise will work.
https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise

Here's my area.

Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video screenshot_40
Sponsored