Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
If you are in yout car, you migjt as well drive.....

I will never understand or agrre with this hands free driving crap.
I don’t completely disagree with that but there is something really nice in rush hour not having to do the stop and go yourself or on a long road trip being able to eat on the move without having to do the old school knee driving. It certainly has its places which is why I like how Ford has it focused on divided highways vs Tesla trying to implement it everywhere including surface streets. It’s something everyone will have varying opinions on for sure.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I had noticed it back when he posted but figured the information would be shared if/when appropriate. Also wasn’t clear back then if it was a hardware or software change but now we know!

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
I will gladly be a guenea pig if anyone wants to help me out with this upgrade. Would even be happy to pay a premium for their time 😀

Last edited:

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
YouTube definitely proves a picture is worth a 1000..... :)
Too true. Adding production value helps move it beyond the 'video or it didn't happen' phase.

Trying to gleen from the context how this ties in, doubt its coincidental that Jesse was getting this hooked up end of last year, and now we see someone received an APIM with 1.2 infused into it. Probably not many in that loop.

If this is being let out to a handful of folks, wonder if this is a beta candidate or more of a gamma test phase?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
That's great news!
Good to hear that you were using 1.2 on a current generation IPMA.

I suspect that means that some you-know-who's on this forum have already figured out how to load 1.2 (beta?) on our IPMA and are doing some testing. :)
Yes, but it was causing glitches with the cameras a d few other things they weren't able to work the kinks out, to the point where one of the people involved reverted back to BC 1.0. I was asked to keep it under the lid, so I did. I was going to do it to my truck, but honestly, I need my cameras working more than I need Super BC.

@Gears and Gadgets Is everything on your truck working as it should after you did whatever you did to upgrade your BC?

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Also, in true Ford execution I anticipate this OTA being pretty far out in the future. Ford had a September 22 press release that said it would be available “this fall” for Mach E’s and last I checked the Mach E forums, nobody has seen it yet.
I’ve had 1.2 in my ‘23 mache select since Christmas. I’m early access tho so not sure if all ‘23s were delivered with it

Last edited:

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
I have to say, my truck does not ping pong across the lane at all right now and when it catches a car it slows gradually. I just don't see what he is talking about with the uneasy driving. Lane changing is "neat", but I don't know that I would pay extra for it.

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
I would be fine with my cameras not working 100% and any other related bugs to give it a try. I use BC for a few hours of driving every week and have been anxiously waiting for this. As an IT guy and someone who participates in a couple dozen beta tests a year, I am very accustomed to working out the kinks on things

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Yes, but it was causing glitches with the cameras a d few other things they weren't able to work the kinks out, to the point where one of the people involved reverted back to BC 1.0. I was asked to keep it under the lid, so I did. I was going to do it to my truck, but honestly, I need my cameras working more than I need Super BC.

@Gears and Gadgets Is everything on your truck working as it should after you did whatever you did to upgrade your BC?

Everything appears to be operating fine, wife was in the truck today and commented how much straighter the truck tracks than it did before as well.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Too true. Adding production value helps move it beyond the 'video or it didn't happen' phase.

Trying to gleen from the context how this ties in, doubt its coincidental that Jesse was getting this hooked up end of last year, and now we see someone received an APIM with 1.2 infused into it. Probably not many in that loop.

If this is being let out to a handful of folks, wonder if this is a beta candidate or more of a gamma test phase?
You'd make a good detective.
Circumstantial evidence has convinced many a jury.

There's a small braintrust group that are passionate about this stuff and my ownership experience would be VERY different without their influence.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

I'm not sure in the case of @Gears and Gadgets, but in the case of the other people I was referring to, they did it themselves via their combined technological genius. They weren't on some Ford beta program for it.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I would be all over this. Subscription cost included… and at this point I’m only putting 5k miles on my truck a year and I’d still be all over it.

Mine ping pongs for sure and moving to the far side of the lane when passing and lane changes would be awesome.
Sponsored