Blue Cruise vs. Super Cruise

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I should be getting my 502a with BC shortly. I concurrently have a couple vehicles on order with SC. I haven't researched it ton, but it seems that during my casual browsing of various review sites, that SC is lauded much more than BC. I enjoy Straight Pipes and they actually listed BC as one of their "cons" in a recent review.

Anyway. I was wondering if any of our members have experience with both systems and how you think they compare. Is the consensus really that SC is a superior product (at the moment), or have I just happened to randomly stumble on a few sites that had some less than ideal experiences with BC?

It wasn't cheap to add (2g's), and I really thought about leaving it off because I'll doubt I'll use it much, but after a lifetime of buying pre owned or base trim new cars, I figured I'd earned a few splurge items to impress my friends.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
From what I understand SuperCruise supports lane changing, for passing slower vehicles, and Bluecruise doesn't. (yet)

For me personally, the differences between the two would not be a deciding factor. There's just too many other differences between the two products that come into play instead.

One, for me personally, is the Powerboost platform. It's such an amazing value equation.

OP
OP
guppydriver

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
From what I understand SuperCruise supports lane changing, for passing slower vehicles, and Bluecruise doesn't. (yet)

For me personally, the differences between the two would not be a deciding factor. There's just too many other differences between the two products that come into play instead.

One, for me personally, is the Powerboost platform. It's such an amazing value equation.

It certainly wouldn't be a deciding factor for me either. Like I mentioned, I almost left it off. I just was wondering if SC, as a stand alone item, is just better at the moment. I hear BC has a hard time tracking center line as well.

I was just thinking, maybe it's an option worth getting on a GM at the moment, and maybe it's pass worthy in it's current iteration on the Ford.

I agree there isn't anything close that competes with a PB right now.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Blue Cruise is more forgiving when you override it by steering to move to one or the other edges of the lane when passing g a truck or a driver that seems inattentive, or for whatever reason you don't want to be dead center in the lane. If you come up on a slow vehicle, just signal and it let's you execute the lane change without fighting back. Super Cruise, in my limited experience, disengages any time you try to actually drive the vehicle.

I personally think many have unreasonable expectations for both systems. As long as the road signs, pavement striping and overall condition of roads is the way it is (inconsistent) I don't think either system will blow you away.

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Along with lane change(Automatically will change lanes without you telling it to) Super Cruise also supports towing. Now eventually Ford will send out updates to add to BlueCruise. I cant say when but I am sure they will be forced to.

Sponsored

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Supercruise is just the more mature system. They've had it out for years. It can change lanes, and you can tow with it. If I were simply deciding between vehicles based on the two, I'd go with Supercruise. However, I think Ford otherwise wins. Also, when Supercruise is off, based on what I've seen, you just get plain ol lane keep assist. Lane centering with Ford is a big plus. I'd personally not buy a GM vehicle until they have Lane centering when Supercruise isn't available to be engaged. Bluecruise will likely catch up in features.

fkaSV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hello folks,

I want to extend an invitation to share your experience with SuperCruise for a research that is going on right now, trying to inform future legislation on how to monitor and control these systems. Participation is totally voluntary and successful completion of the online survey ( Welcome to our survey! ) is compensated with $25.

Anyone in California, who is willing to take part in an in-person, driving simulator experiment, has the chance to sign up for the driving study at the end. This will be another $175 for about 2 hours, including a drive and an interview around your usage and behavior. You can also directly sign up for the study here: Welcome to our survey!

Information about the company and the driving simulator can be found here: Driving Simulator
The project is a joint effort between several partners in the automotive industry in the USA and Germany. It will help make systems like SuperCruise better in the long run and will most importantly inform law makers to take reasonable decisions, based on facts and lessons learned.

Your support is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored