• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue Cruise option - who is getting it and what trim levels will it be offered on ?

Will you order Blue Cruise on your Lightning ?

• Total voters

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I love to DRIVE!!!!
Oh just get over yourself, geez. Always someone talking about loving to drive as if that has anything to do with this. They are co-pilot systems. I love to drive too, but actually drive, not just stare blankly at a highway for 5 hours. These systems take over the monotonous stuff for long hauls so you arrive at your destination more relaxed. I noticed a big difference after our first big road trip in the '21 with just the lane centering and adaptive cruise compared to the countless times I have made the same trip in previous trucks without it.

I consider "driving" to be race tracks and off-roading challenges. If you feel challenged by a straight freeway doing the same speed for hours on end, then I guess to some that would be the type of driving you seem to intend.
Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Having a Model 3 with FSD I think I will pass this time. Unless it's too awesome ;)

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Having a Model 3 with FSD I think I will pass this time. Unless it's too awesome ;)
Just pay extra attention to emergency vehicles on the shoulder, doesn't seem like the Tesla is too keen to. :p

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
As far as I can tell from the pictures, the driver facing camera (needed for blue cruise) only comes with the 15.5" screen. That is what limits it to Lariat and above.
I believe this to be true. I clicked "uncertain" in the poll, but I'm definitely getting an XLT+, so if we're right then I'm not getting BlueCruise.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Blue Cruise is available on Lariat, Platinum, Tremor and King Ranch if optioned correctly (need 2.0 Active Prep) and standard on Limited. As both a Tesla owner and a F150 Limited owner, I'm excited about the prospect of BlueCruise. Sandy's review was not ideal for Ford PR but the system was still in beta, and as a first generation AP1 Tesla owner I remember how many updates that needed to get to the functionality it has. Don't even get me started on what Tesla AP2 started out at. This is Blue Cruise 1.0, and with some of the recent tech talent Ford has added I'm confident what you see 12 months from now will be pretty good. Great news is that much of the improvement is over-the-air software related, so current BlueCruise equipped vehicles should show improved performance over time.

I am looking forward to real world testing to see how curves are addressed. Standard lane keeping in the Co-Pilot 2.0 does reasonably well on corners similar to those on Sandy's video so I am not sure why BC would not operate effectively there. It may be really dumbed down in the first iteration for maximum safety, and predictive cornering speed was a feature that was referenced in future BC updates.

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I believe this to be true. I clicked "uncertain" in the poll, but I'm definitely getting an XLT+, so if we're right then I'm not getting BlueCruise.
I want the XLT trim or even the Pro model, but my daily commutes has me looking at the Blue Cruise option for the bumper to bumper drives 5 days a week.

Even driving in the fast lane with a CA HOV carpool exemption sticker, I don't like having to constantly being alert to cars that cut in front.

I guess I could just get the Co Pilot that will keep me lane centered, auto cruise control, and collision prevention braking....

Will Co-Pilot be available on the Pro or XLT trims ?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I want the XLT trim or even the Pro model, but my daily commutes has me looking at the Blue Cruise option for the bumper to bumper drives 5 days a week.

Even driving in the fast lane with a CA HOV carpool exemption sticker, I don't like having to constantly being alert to cars that cut in front.

I guess I could just get the Co Pilot that will keep me lane centered, auto cruise control, and collision prevention braking....

Will Co-Pilot be available on the Pro or XLT trims ?
From what we have seen, all of that is available on the XLT. I don't believe you can get adaptive cruise on the Pro. That said, none of the options are final, so we have to wait for the build and price tool.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
With what Ford has published at this point, all lightning trucks will have the following:
Co-Pilot360™ 2.0 – Pre-Collision
Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
(Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward
Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake
Support), BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert,
Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane-
Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver
Alert), Rear View Camera, Auto High Beam
headlamps, Reverse Sensing System,
Reverse Brake Assist and Post-Collision
Braking

The Pro will not have and the XLT will be optional for the following:
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0 – Intelligent
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go,
Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition,
Evasive Steering Assist, Intersection Assist,
Connected Built-In Navigation

The XLT and lower cannot get the following:
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 – BlueCruise,
Driver Assist, Active Park Assist

Personally, I can forgo the blue cruise but I would really like the adaptive cruise and the lane centering over just the lane keeping
I am getting the highest level trim I can with all the options who’s price comes in right under the rebate limit.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Self driving is still a little too gimmicky for me to pay extra for at this point. It will get there in a few years but I feel confident saying I wouldn't use it even if I had it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I personally can't wait for the option to turn on Bluecruise on my '21 Lariat. Although, I don't think my wife likes the idea of not having my hands on the steering wheel. She probably won't want me to use it with her in the truck.

Sponsored

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
"Oh just get over yourself, geez. Always someone talking about loving to drive as if that has anything to do with this. They are co-pilot systems. I love to drive too, but actually drive, not just stare blankly at a highway for 5 hours."

Why don't you break up the trip and stop along the route? You might be surprised what you will find. It's your fault that you drive 5 hours straight and get bored. Leave earlier.

Distractive driving accounts for 9% of all traffic deaths. These gimmicks are encouraging drivers to take their hands off the wheel and their eyes off the road.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I am getting the highest level trim I can with all the options who’s price comes in right under the rebate limit.
What rebate limit ?

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Got it on my Lariat Lightning. Love it!
Sponsored