• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue Cruise option - who is getting it and what trim levels will it be offered on ?

Will you order Blue Cruise on your Lightning ?

• Total voters

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Read the AutoWeek article on Ford's Blue Cruise self driving option.

Who is choosing to get this option ?

And what trim levels will this be available on?
Ford F-150 Lightning Blue Cruise option - who is getting it and what trim levels will it be offered on ? bluecruise-ford-f-150

• Ford's BlueCruise is a hands-free driver-assistance system that uses cameras in conjunction with sensors to allow the vehicle to navigate geofenced roadways without driver inputs.
  • Ford is expecting BlueCruise to be available later this year.
  • The system is currently only offered on Ford's F-150 and the Ford Mustang Mach-E.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Only available on Lariat and Platinum trims. For me, the Lariat is already pushing my budget hard and I won't go there. Even if I did, it isn't worth the upcharge for me.

We will be getting it on my Wife's Mach-e GT though (comes packaged with the 360 camera that we really wanted).

corytx69

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
So is it believed that the all the trim levels that have been documented in this forum are the best and final Ford will offer ? to that end only Lariat and Platinum get it ? It would seem if you got a fully loaded XLT all the pre-reqs possibly exist for bluecruise to function.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Hope they offer a ~$2k package for it on all trim levels like the Mach E Select.
I get trying to push people into higher tiers, but for extra safety features?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So is it believed that the all the trim levels that have been documented in this forum are the best and final Ford will offer ? to that end only Lariat and Platinum get it ? It would seem if you got a fully loaded XLT all the pre-reqs possibly exist for bluecruise to function.
As far as I can tell from the pictures, the driver facing camera (needed for blue cruise) only comes with the 15.5" screen. That is what limits it to Lariat and above.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
From what I've seen, I'm not impressed enough to buy it. Sandy Munro drove a MME prototype with BC. He had a Ford Rep in the car with him. BC cannot handle a significant curve. You come up to a curve and BC tells you to take the wheel. I70, in Colorado is nothing but significant curves. So it doesn't bring me any value. It doesn't do lane changing either. Really it's way behind Tesla's Autopilot.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
From what I've seen, I'm not impressed enough to buy it. Sandy Munro drove a MME prototype with BC. He had a Ford Rep in the car with him. BC cannot handle a significant curve. You come up to a curve and BC tells you to take the wheel. I70, in Colorado is nothing but significant curves. So it doesn't bring me any value. It doesn't do lane changing either. Really it's way behind Tesla's Autopilot.

You do know that BlueCruise is updatable, right?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
You do know that BlueCruise is updatable, right?
So the autopilot features that comes standard on Teslas is (in my understanding) equivalent to ford 360 assist. That's the tier below blue cruise. Blue cruise is more equivalent to Tesla fsd which is a $10k option now. It has taken years for the Tesla fsd feature to get to where it is today. Blue cruise will get there.
I for one will not get a lariat or higher trim because it has leather which I refuse to have and also it is far too expensive. I do wish that all levels of copilot 360 were available on all trim levels. Just because I don't want to spend $70k on a truck doesn't mean I don't want as many safety features as possible.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So the autopilot features that comes standard on Teslas is (in my understanding) equivalent to ford 360 assist. That's the tier below blue cruise. Blue cruise is more equivalent to Tesla fsd which is a $10k option now. It has taken years for the Tesla fsd feature to get to where it is today. Blue cruise will get there.
I for one will not get a lariat or higher trim because it has leather which I refuse to have and also it is far too expensive. I do wish that all levels of copilot 360 were available on all trim levels. Just because I don't want to spend $70k on a truck doesn't mean I don't want as many safety features as possible.
XLT trims can get all of the safety features, just not Blue cruise (as far as we know). So you still get automatic braking and lane keep assist

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I'm getting Pro, so no Blue Cruise. I am also not planning to get it on my MME. I just don't usually drive where it would make sense.

Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost

Well this is from months ago now and Ford has continued to make improvements. I am also not concerned with the curve aspect as my truck handles curves fine currently while on IAC, and BlueCruise is mainly just a hands-free version of that. So I don't see it doing worse. Ford will continue to update it and improve things OTA. The lane change and that is just not worth $10k, I am perfectly fine making a lane change.

I see BlueCruise the same as IAC, it just removes some stress from the drive. I think Ford is delivering an option that meets most of the needs and it will evolve. A video done by a known Tesla fanatic isn't the final word on the system.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
XLT trims can get all of the safety features, just not Blue cruise (as far as we know). So you still get automatic braking and lane keep assist
With what Ford has published at this point, all lightning trucks will have the following:
Co-Pilot360™ 2.0 – Pre-Collision
Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
(Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward
Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake
Support), BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert,
Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane-
Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver
Alert), Rear View Camera, Auto High Beam
headlamps, Reverse Sensing System,
Reverse Brake Assist and Post-Collision
Braking

The Pro will not have and the XLT will be optional for the following:
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0 – Intelligent
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go,
Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition,
Evasive Steering Assist, Intersection Assist,
Connected Built-In Navigation

The XLT and lower cannot get the following:
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 – BlueCruise,
Driver Assist, Active Park Assist

Personally, I can forgo the blue cruise but I would really like the adaptive cruise and the lane centering over just the lane keeping

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
I voted uncertain because of current proposed legislation with a pricing cap on tax incentives; I'd get the Max Recline seats if the trim it's available on (presumably only Platinum) qualified for all the proposed incentives, and of course that would come with Blue Cruise. If that's not the case I'll have to rethink entirely and downsell myself significantly to a lower trim level and save my pennies for a Lightning Gen 2 that would have the Max Recline hopefully at a lower trim level.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
With what Ford has published at this point, all lightning trucks will have the following:
Co-Pilot360™ 2.0 – Pre-Collision
Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
(Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward
Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake
Support), BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert,
Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane-
Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver
Alert), Rear View Camera, Auto High Beam
headlamps, Reverse Sensing System,
Reverse Brake Assist and Post-Collision
Braking

The Pro will not have and the XLT will be optional for the following:
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0 – Intelligent
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go,
Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition,
Evasive Steering Assist, Intersection Assist,
Connected Built-In Navigation

The XLT and lower cannot get the following:
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 – BlueCruise,
Driver Assist, Active Park Assist

Personally, I can forgo the blue cruise but I would really like the adaptive cruise and the lane centering over just the lane keeping
Very helpful info!

Looks like I will have to ask the wife if I can get the Lariat trim even though I am happier with the cloth or vinyl seat lower trims....

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I love to DRIVE!!!!
Sponsored