Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
My Hands free isn't working, and my truck doesn't show a "Hands Free Map" line in the about Sync. The Fordpass app says I should have it activated, but the Truck hasn't downloaded any maps. I've been waiting 3 weeks since the message on Fordpass said it was active with no progress. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment can you check my vin please? 1FTEW1E8XNFC06942. Thanks!
Your gateway is up to date. Is your hand free date expired?

They have been updating the dates here the last few days. They say the new process is to suckle the ignition ten 10 times and it will force it to check for a new date

If not I can force it but the process is explained

fatboyhungry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A
Your gateway is up to date. Is your hand free date expired?

They have been updating the dates here the last few days. They say the new process is to suckle the ignition ten 10 times and it will force it to check for a new date

If not I can force it but the process is explained
Thanks dude! Yes it's expired, 12/10 date. I bought the truck on 12/13 then figured out two weeks ago it was expired (sigh), dealership is clueless. I just got the 3.5.2 update a couple days ago and I WFH so I don't drive/cycle it much. Maybe I'll go do it a few times in the parking lot and see haha, otherwise it should come though soon. Thanks for the help, I'm a n00b trying to figure out what's going on with all the OTA stuff and maps. Think I'm about square soon hopefully.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks dude! Yes it's expired, 12/10 date. I bought the truck on 12/13 then figured out two weeks ago it was expired (sigh), dealership is clueless. I just got the 3.5.2 update a couple days ago and I WFH so I don't drive/cycle it much. Maybe I'll go do it a few times in the parking lot and see haha, otherwise it should come though soon. Thanks for the help, I'm a n00b trying to figure out what's going on with all the OTA stuff and maps. Think I'm about square soon hopefully.
Yeah I would wait. before when I was helping there was something wrong. Ford seems to have ironed it out now. SO patience is key..

Sponsored

MikeinYYZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I’m so impatient when it comes to expecting a $79,000 truck to work as expected. My main concern was having to deal with this shit every 1/4

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Sooo.... I've been following this thread, and many others, and have been able to get a lot of things fixed/updated/working. Including Blue Cruise, latest updates to Sync and other modules, even managed to get my broken heated steering wheel to start working again.

BUT! My Blue Cruise, which was working in hands free after the latest updates a couple of weeks ago, updated maps, etc... is no longer working. No idea what's going on, it just stopped working. Everything else is working great (except when the navigation GPS goes wonky and I have to reset Sync a few times to get it locating properly).

If it never worked, I could see perhaps a module didn't update properly. But it did work, for a few days. And now it doesn't. I've checked all the driver aid settings, made sure GPS was accurate, Blue Cruise says it's available, adaptive cruise control with the lane departure correction is all set and looking great. It just never goes into hands free anymore.

Maybe Magical Jesse @Jesse-Infotainment can figure something out! I'm happy to troubleshoot. I don't have FDRS any longer, but can spring for another subscription if more updates are needed.

VIN: 1FTVW1EL0NWG15312

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sooo.... I've been following this thread, and many others, and have been able to get a lot of things fixed/updated/working. Including Blue Cruise, latest updates to Sync and other modules, even managed to get my broken heated steering wheel to start working again.

BUT! My Blue Cruise, which was working in hands free after the latest updates a couple of weeks ago, updated maps, etc... is no longer working. No idea what's going on, it just stopped working. Everything else is working great (except when the navigation GPS goes wonky and I have to reset Sync a few times to get it locating properly).

If it never worked, I could see perhaps a module didn't update properly. But it did work, for a few days. And now it doesn't. I've checked all the driver aid settings, made sure GPS was accurate, Blue Cruise says it's available, adaptive cruise control with the lane departure correction is all set and looking great. It just never goes into hands free anymore.

Maybe Magical Jesse @Jesse-Infotainment can figure something out! I'm happy to troubleshoot. I don't have FDRS any longer, but can spring for another subscription if more updates are needed.

You would have to let me remote in.. Everything I see online checks out. Your date is good. So.. possibly you have a config issue.. It would need to be looked at as it is now

Terzik_h

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
@Jesse-Infotainment I just picked up my 2023 Lightning this last week and stumbled across this thread while searching for BC. I was planning to test it out this weekend but after reading here I went and looked at my map data. It has the 12/10 expiration ... glad I learned that before driving to the closest BC roadway. Would appreciate it if you could take a look: VIN: 1FT6W1EV5PWG05366

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment I just picked up my 2023 Lightning this last week and stumbled across this thread while searching for BC. I was planning to test it out this weekend but after reading here I went and looked at my map data. It has the 12/10 expiration ... glad I learned that before driving to the closest BC roadway. Would appreciate it if you could take a look: VIN: 1FT6W1EV5PWG05366
couple of issues for you.

mine they haven’t activated it yet. At least the truck hasn’t received the activation.
Two the date won’t change until your gateway module is updated. I can send you the update if you want to do it.
For 2023 MY I can’t force the date change but if you do the update and have your truck active on your FordPass account the date should change.

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
These are the only updates that are showing for your VIN...

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free 20230519_214828

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum

You have a few updates available...

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free 20230519_215332

Drifter81

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
@Jesse-Infotainment Hoping you can help. 2023 Lariat. Can't get Blue Cruise to go to hands free mode. I'm on a freeway that the map says is supported. Ford support says I have everything. Auto updates are enabled but I can't tell if I need one and it's not coming down. Cruise control plus lane centering work, it just doesn't go to HF mode. Can you see if there's something outstanding for me? My VIN is 1FTFW1E83PKE09542.
Thanks!
Sponsored