Sponsored

Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
So I spoke to the OTA team on the phone. They're going to re-trigger my update.
But It was apparently expected. Maps expired on Saturday but updates happen during the weekday?

She said leave it connected to wifi and enable scheduled updates. Should update by the the end of the week. if it doesn't then go to the dealer and reference TSB 22-2105
Sponsored

Reactions: MDH

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Exactly. And as I said in my previous post, mine updated to 10/12/2022 (Dec 10) over the weekend with an OTA update so I would think everyone else’s should do the same.
It turns out that my 2022 shows the same as yours but I didn't get any notification of the OTA on the Sync screen, FordPass, or any other method. It previously showed September 9 2022

However I DID witness my truck lighting up like a Christmas Tree a few nights ago while sitting parked. I left it alone for a few minutes and then finally went to it with the FOB and unlocked it, sat in it, started it, shut it down, and then went back in.

I wonder..... Lol Did I watch an OTA with my own eyes?

MDH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
So I spoke to the OTA team on the phone. They're going to re-trigger my update.
But It was apparently expected. Maps expired on Saturday but updates happen during the weekday?

She said leave it connected to wifi and enable scheduled updates. Should update by the the end of the week. if it doesn't then go to the dealer and reference TSB 22-2105
I am in the same situation, Blue Cruise was working fine last week, yesterday the hands free feature would not work. I guess I will wait a few days to see the maps get updated this week.

Mike&Max

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost Black Appearance
Occupation
DHS
Jesse-infotainment hello. If you have time could you check my vin # 1FTFW1ED5NFB16602 The last update was on 9/12/2022. My bluecruise was working great last week and now it’s not letting hands free.

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free 8A1FC0E2-F173-4AFC-AA7B-036CF74CB7AD

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Hi Jesse, I’ve got the expired maps too. Would you mind checking mine? 1FTFW1E84NKD97852. If there is an update, do you have the ability to push it? Thanks!

Sponsored

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Hi Jesse, I’ve got the expired maps too. Would you mind checking mine? 1FTFW1E84NKD97852. If there is an update, do you have the ability to push it? Thanks!
I got the gateway update today, but no map update. Hopefully, maps come soon.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
3.5.2 update finally applied. So that’s great news. Except for the fact that my hands-free driving map didn’t update. So now I still don’t have Blue Cross. What the fuck Ford

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Shows you actually have an update pending as well since the 7th.

1662995675031.png
Well the expiration date has passed and no updates, no notification in the Ford Pass app, and no notifications in the truck.
I was sure hoping I would get an ota update just so I’d know if the ota was working.
It would be nice if Ford would ping the trucks occasionally for verification of service!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well the expiration date has passed and no updates, no notification in the Ford Pass app, and no notifications in the truck.
I was sure hoping I would get an ota update just so I’d know if the ota was working.
It would be nice if Ford would ping the trucks occasionally for verification of service!
I’ll check your vin.. see what’s available

Sponsored

LighnongsG

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Hi Jessie, My 5-day old Lightening would not turn on the all blue screen BC Hands-free mode. Drove 100+ miles on various divided freeways so far, no joy. Dealer is clueless to the extent that they have spent a significant amount of time trying to tell me that BC Hands-free is not available on my vehicle and everything is up to date upon checking my vehicle status on of their PC's. Very concerning, to say the least... I'm not very convinced they even have a basic understanding of what should be checked or looked at. Judging from a number of posts, Ford's technical support on the issue may not be a big help either. In FordPass app's Connected services section BC Hands-free shows fully activated with no date limit.
Will you look up my VIN and give guidance on what steps the dealer should follow: 1FT6W1EVXNWG11113
Thank you for being a great resource for many!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi Jessie, My 5-day old Lightening would not turn on the all blue screen BC Hands-free mode. Drove 100+ miles on various divided freeways so far, no joy. Dealer is clueless to the extent that they have spent a significant amount of time trying to tell me that BC Hands-free is not available on my vehicle and everything is up to date upon checking my vehicle status on of their PC's. Very concerning, to say the least... I'm not very convinced they even have a basic understanding of what should be checked or looked at. Judging from a number of posts, Ford's technical support on the issue may not be a big help either. In FordPass app's Connected services section BC Hands-free shows fully activated with no date limit.
Will you look up my VIN and give guidance on what steps the dealer should follow: 1FT6W1EVXNWG11113
Thank you for being a great resource for many!
Pretty straightforward your bluecruise maps expired.
The update is available in fdrs. I could send the files to you also. You would need a usb drive. Until the update is installed the bluecruise won’t work.

if you want the dealer to do it tel them to run the gateway module update

LighnongsG

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Pretty straightforward your bluecruise maps expired.
The update is available in fdrs. I could send the files to you also. You would need a usb drive. Until the update is installed the bluecruise won’t work.

if you want the dealer to do it tel them to run the gateway module update
Thanks for looking into it so quickly Jesse. I will attempt to get it done by the dealer since I don't have the equipment or anything else needed to do it myself, expertise included. )
I will report back on the outcome after the dealer visit.
Thanks again.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for looking into it so quickly Jesse. I will attempt to get it done by the dealer since I don't have the equipment or anything else needed to do it myself, expertise included. )
I will report back on the outcome after the dealer visit.
Thanks again.
No probleem. All you need is a USB drive if I sen d you the files. Check with the deaelr see if they will do the gateway update if they give you a hard time I can send you the files. Takes 15 mins to install

LighnongsG

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
No probleem. All you need is a USB drive if I sen d you the files. Check with the deaelr see if they will do the gateway update if they give you a hard time I can send you the files. Takes 15 mins to install
That would be awesome and appreciated!
However, I have to admit, I don't have a clear understanding where the USB drive should be connected to. I would probably need a step-by-step instruction or explanation on how to go about the self install if it doesn't go well at the dealer tomorrow.
Sponsored