Sponsored

Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Thanks all for clarifying BlueCruise dates. Should know better than listen to Ford reps.
If history has taught us anything the OTA map update will probably not go well. And I presume it will affect all BlueCruise users, whether self, dealer, or factory installed.

If BlueCruise does not function at least we still have Lane Keep.

And let's not forget that Nav is supposed to be get a full update annually through a Power Up update. My maps are a year old, but I don't expect the update anytime soon. Hopefully when the Power Up update is finally rolled out Nav still works.
Ford already did one BC map update in February. It seems to have gone fine since there was no rush of complaints here about it. Just a bunch of people reporting they got it.
Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
My Blue Cruise just stopped working and won’t engage the Hands Free. It’s a 2022 with factory installed Blue Cruise (March ‘22 build) and Blue Cruise worked properly since delivery.

There are no errors displayed, and CoPilot lane keeping works. The eye tracking still works.

About SYNC shows the ‘Hands Free Driving Mode available through’ 10-9-2022

Is that Oct 9 or Sept 10? Does that date really mean anything?

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
My Blue Cruise just stopped working and won’t engage the Hands Free. It’s a 2022 with factory installed Blue Cruise (March ‘22 build) and Blue Cruise worked properly since delivery.

There are no errors displayed, and CoPilot lane keeping works. The eye tracking still works.

About SYNC shows the ‘Hands Free Driving Mode available through’ 10-9-2022

Is that Oct 9 or Sept 10? Does that date really mean anything?
After 800 miles and a week, the hands free portion started working again.

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
After 800 miles and a week, the hands free portion started working again.

Does anyone have a theory on why the hands free portion of Blue Cruise stop working, then after a week of driving on the same roads start working again? I didn't receive any updates, that I was notified of at least.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
Does anyone have a theory on why the hands free portion of Blue Cruise stop working, then after a week of driving on the same roads start working again? I didn't receive any updates, that I was notified of at least.
Mine didn't work for a short time yesterday, over a perhaps 5 mile range where it normally works and where it worked again later in the day. With no actual knowledge of the system, I'm speculating that Ford will be rolling out an update to the system shortly (based on that 10-9-22 end of service date presently recorded in our systems) and they may be working to get necessary changes integrated into the existing system/database in advance of the update. Again, my statement is pure speculation and I too would love to know factually what is going on with it.

Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
The Mach E forum has many posts about the hands free portion of Blue Cruise randomly not working for days at a time, then hands free will start working again. Sounds very similar to the problem I've experienced.

No one on that board seems to have found a reason why this happens or how to correct the problem.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
I too am a victim. My hands free stopped working. Worked the other day. Didn’t work twice today on the highways it normally works on.

Reactions: MDH

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I suspect that if BC is suddenly not available where it is obvious that it should be or has been previously, that you would find a DTC of some kind in some module involved.

It takes a lot of parameters to be met by a lot of pids before BC will be available.

Many of these DTC's clear without any intervention because the DTC was triggered by a temporary anomaly. Especially on a coldstart or wake-up of a dormant truck.

Spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
My BC (handsfree on mapped highways) stopped working today for the first time. Sync about shows working until 9/10 2022. So wasn't that yesterday and cut off today? My ford pass app shows BC active until 2023....which it should be. Any ideas how to fix this?

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
I got this email from Ford on 9/8:

We hope you are enjoying Ford BlueCruise*. To continue taking advantage of Hands‑Free highway driving on more than 130,000 miles of prequalified sections of divided highways it is important to update your maps regularly. Without regular map updates, you may not be able to use the Ford BlueCruise feature.
Fortunately, Ford Power‑Up software updates make it easy to keep your maps updated.
To receive automatic Ford Power‑Up software updates:
▪
Ensure Connectivity is set to ON in Vehicle Settings. Not sure how? Here’s the vehicle settings support article.
▪
Need assistance? Give us a call at: ‍8‍0‍0‍‑‍3‍9‍2‍‑‍3‍6‍7‍3‍. We are happy to help ensure your vehicle is prepared to receive map updates.

Maps have not updated on my truck yet and I believe yesterday was the cutoff as I think the format that shows the map expiration date is d/m/y. I believe the last date showed up in the About Sync settings as 14-3-2022. I went through this when I got my truck and bluecruise didn't work. My truck was built in February and on chip hold until I took delivery in June.

The maps never did update on their own and I reached out to Jesse, who helped me manually update them, after which bluecruise worked fine. I'm hoping it sorts itself out this time. I've gotten no other updates since receiving the truck but keep reading that the 22's were pretty much still up to date.

Anyone show a map date that's later than the 10/9/22?

Sponsored

LTDJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Tax Attorney/CPA

We hope you are enjoying Ford BlueCruise*. To continue taking advantage of Hands‑Free highway driving on more than 130,000 miles of prequalified sections of divided highways it is important to update your maps regularly. Without regular map updates, you may not be able to use the Ford BlueCruise feature.
Fortunately, Ford Power‑Up software updates make it easy to keep your maps updated.

▪
Ensure Connectivity is set to ON in Vehicle Settings. Not sure how? Here’s the vehicle settings support article.
▪

Need assistance? Give us a call at: ‍8‍0‍0‍‑‍3‍9‍2‍‑‍3‍6‍7‍3‍. We are happy to help ensure your vehicle is prepared to receive map updates.

Maps have not updated on my truck yet and I believe yesterday was the cutoff as I think the format that shows the map expiration date is d/m/y. I believe the last date showed up in the About Sync settings as 14-3-2022. I went through this when I got my truck and bluecruise didn't work. My truck was built in February and on chip hold until I took delivery in June.

The maps never did update on their own and I reached out to Jesse, who helped me manually update them, after which bluecruise worked fine. I'm hoping it sorts itself out this time. I've gotten no other updates since receiving the truck but keep reading that the 22's were pretty much still up to date.

Yes, mine now shows 10/12/22 (presumably December 10, 2022).

Twg1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 F150 Screw, 2019 Camaro ZLE
Occupation
Engineer
I am in the same boat. Woke up today (9/11) and BC won’t handsfree. My map date expired 9/10.

i have had auto updates Enabled and it says none are available when i tried to force it.
C’mon @Ford Motor Company, get your tech together.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

▪
▪

I’ll check your vin tomorrow and see if there is an update for you .. there should be

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
I show 10/9 for hands free driving expiration date. So That doesn’t explain why my hands-free stopped working after Saturday. Unless it’s day month. And it’s a 22 model year. This is frustrating. How do I get my map updated ?

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
I show 10/9 for hands free driving expiration date. So That doesn’t explain why my hands-free stopped working after Saturday. And it’s a 22 model year. This is frustrating
It does explain it. The date format they are using is DD/MM/YY, so the expiration date is actually 9/10.
Sponsored