Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If I tell them that they'll know what it means? Or should I just let them buy the truck back? My Lightning Platinum was built last week...
They should.

But so you can tell them.

Open FDRS. DO the network scan. Select Gateway module when they are at the screen with map of modules. When they select Gateway(GWM) there will be a list that only pertains to the Gateway on the right hand side.

Select PMI(Programmable Module Installation)

It will bring up some prompts. When asked if the original module is installed they must select NO!

This will prompt FDRS to NOT pull the info from the old module it will pull it from the database.

The issue is the Gateway info changes with the update. Your has not for whatever reason. The PMI will update the config to what it needs to be.

I can tell immediately after the PMI if it worked or not. If they try it tell me right after and Ill tell you if it worked.

Your truck is fully up to date and from what is reflected online the gateway is the only thing not configured correctly.
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
They should.

But so you can tell them.

Open FDRS. DO the network scan. Select Gateway module when they are at the screen with map of modules. When they select Gateway(GWM) there will be a list that only pertains to the Gateway on the right hand side.

Select PMI(Programmable Module Installation)

It will bring up some prompts. When asked if the original module is installed they must select NO!

This will prompt FDRS to NOT pull the info from the old module it will pull it from the database.

The issue is the Gateway info changes with the update. Your has not for whatever reason. The PMI will update the config to what it needs to be.

I can tell immediately after the PMI if it worked or not. If they try it tell me right after and Ill tell you if it worked.

Your truck is fully up to date and from what is reflected online the gateway is the only thing not configured correctly.
so you are able to look at my actual truck config? cool

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
so you are able to look at my actual truck config? cool
Yes, Now there could be a discrepancy with what shows online and what is in the truck like RonaldFreeman had BUT that has not been the case most of the time. His is the first I have had that happen.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
My maps were updated via OTA, so my hands-free is working now. The date changed to 10-09-2022 even though my subscription good through 5-2-2025. Or is this just when they plan to update the maps again? Does everyone else’s date align with their subscription expiration, or is it some other date like mine? Here is a screen shot of mine:
I've got the exact same issue. Truck sat for 4 months on chip hold prior to being delivered. Bluecruise won't go hands free because of the outdated maps. Mine has been connected to my home network for the last couple of days with no change. I've got auto updates turned on and have the settings in sync set to schedule updates at midnight every night. Just wondering if there was anything you did to get yours to update or how long it took to resolve itself.

Thanks

LTDJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Tax Attorney/CPA
I've got the exact same issue. Truck sat for 4 months on chip hold prior to being delivered. Bluecruise won't go hands free because of the outdated maps. Mine has been connected to my home network for the last couple of days with no change. I've got auto updates turned on and have the settings in sync set to schedule updates at midnight every night. Just wondering if there was anything you did to get yours to update or how long it took to resolve itself.

Thanks
I didn’t have a schedule set at first, but once I did, it took 3-5 days. I did speak to the OTA department hotline and they ran me through some steps to reboot the system, but I don’t think that did anything. If nothing happens in a week or so, I’d try calling them: (800) 392-3673.

Sponsored

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
Yes, Now there could be a discrepancy with what shows online and what is in the truck like RonaldFreeman had BUT that has not been the case most of the time. His is the first I have had that happen.
Apparently my brand new truck also has the same issue of not going hands free.
1FTFW1ED4NFA42847

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
1FTFW1ED4NFA42847
Your activation hasnt kicked in in the truck. Is Blue Cruise active in your Ford Pass Account.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does just purchasing it on the 7th matter?
7B65AD74-F8E5-4DE7-838F-6C224D006684.png
Ok, yeah it matters. The issue is the activation to the truck hasn't hit. There are a few potential fixes. One you have the dealer run a PMI on the gateway, Two you get Forscan and I can do it for you, three you get FDRS and do it. Lastly you can try a Master Reset in your truck and reconnect it and HOPE it all goes well.

Master Resets scare me a bit on the new trucks. Some have had no issue with getting their connected services back and some have. The master reset essentially disconnects everything from your account and disassociates the truck from you. You can then reactivate same procedure as when you originally bought the truck. Other issues I have seen are getting the Blue Cruise back you paid for.

The easiest are the ones involving FDRS or Forscan. there are no updates needed although you do have a gateway and DSM update available. Those are not required for BC to work.

Short answer is there is a easy fix just not an easy way to get the easy fix

EDIT _ You could always call Ford Pass I suppose and see if they can resend the activation to the truck.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
Ok, yeah it matters. The issue is the activation to the truck hasn't hit. There are a few potential fixes. One you have the dealer run a PMI on the gateway, Two you get Forscan and I can do it for you, three you get FDRS and do it. Lastly you can try a Master Reset in your truck and reconnect it and HOPE it all goes well.

Master Resets scare me a bit on the new trucks. Some have had no issue with getting their connected services back and some have. The master reset essentially disconnects everything from your account and disassociates the truck from you. You can then reactivate same procedure as when you originally bought the truck. Other issues I have seen are getting the Blue Cruise back you paid for.

The easiest are the ones involving FDRS or Forscan. there are no updates needed although you do have a gateway and DSM update available. Those are not required for BC to work.

Short answer is there is a easy fix just not an easy way to get the easy fix

EDIT _ You could always call Ford Pass I suppose and see if they can resend the activation to the truck.
Well I do have Forscan and a dongle.
I may be able to hook it up tomorrow.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well I do have Forscan and a dongle.
I may be able to hook it up tomorrow.
Ok, Install Team viewer and Ill Remote in and make the changes.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you! I’ll let you know tomorrow!
About the gateway and BSM update.
How does that work?
That requires fdrs. If you have a j2534 device you can get a two day license and do those and run a PMI on the gateway

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
1FTFW1ED4NFA42847
Your Blue Cruise should be working now. Activation shows now
Sponsored