Sponsored

Blue Cruise - Dealer Download PROBLEMS!!

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
My dealer is now at a stand still waiting for a new charger that they tell me Ford is recommending. I’m told the one they have might be making too much noise causing the update to fail. Still no luck getting mine resolved.
If they are having issues with a power supply, which is literally step 1 in the process and a piece of equipment that every auto shop in the country has, I cannot wait to see how bad they fail when they have to start downloading files to USB drives.

In the very least, find a new dealer because yours does not know what they are doing.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I agree, don't waste your time.. find another dealer.. I had to move to another dealer. They found I had a defective battery which first dear said was fine. If your truck is early build 21 model there are many with bad battery. Even on charger they will encounter issues trying to update it..
Best bet call other dealers.
Make sure battery is good.
Then move to new dealer..
Mine would still be at first dealer if I hadn't found one with the know how.
Also disable Ford Pass while they are doing the update.
Good luck and let us know how it goes..
Love mine now...

OP
OP

Jsullenb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Contractor
I agree, don't waste your time.. find another dealer.. I had to move to another dealer. They found I had a defective battery which first dear said was fine. If your truck is early build 21 model there are many with bad battery. Even on charger they will encounter issues trying to update it..
Best bet call other dealers.
Make sure battery is good.
Then move to new dealer..
Mine would still be at first dealer if I hadn't found one with the know how.
Also disable Ford Pass while they are doing the update.
Good luck and let us know how it goes..
Love mine now...
Is there a way I can test if I have a bad battery? Or just try another dealer?

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Is there a way I can test if I have a bad battery? Or just try another dealer?
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/battery-problems.6835/

I think any auto zone or such.
Regardless I would choose another dealer, let them do the battery test and ask for the written results.
Mine at first dealer showed my battery needed charging after all day charging and a failed download. If truck was built before 7/1/21 , those were the ones with possible bad batteries.
Then the tech said my battery was fine, it wasn't.
The new dealer was the best thing I ever did when it comes to my truck.
Check dealer reviews and speak directly to the service manager about their experience
and confidence that they can complete all updates and get you up and running.
I found a dealer in a small town near me.
Great service and techs..
I know it's a hassle to move to another dealership but tell them something came up and you want your truck back..
You won't regret it..
Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jsullenb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Contractor
I think any auto zone or such.
Regardless I would choose another dealer, let them do the battery test and ask for the written results.
Mine at first dealer showed my battery needed charging after all day charging and a failed download. If truck was built before 7/1/21 , those were the ones with possible bad batteries.
Then the tech said my battery was fine, it wasn't.
The new dealer was the best thing I ever did when it comes to my truck.
Check dealer reviews and speak directly to the service manager about their experience
and confidence that they can complete all updates and get you up and running.
I found a dealer in a small town near me.
Great service and techs..
I know it's a hassle to move to another dealership but tell them something came up and you want your truck back..
You won't regret it..
Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. I have the truck back waiting for this new recommended charger to arrive. No blue cruise and no lane centering. I’ll try the dealer I purchased from an hour away. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jsullenb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Contractor

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Whelp. I called Richmond Ford where I bought the truck and they told me the first three that they recently attempted are now all screwed up. Things are really going well in Virginia!
Not good...
Might want to call Ford and ask them to find you a dealer that can do it for you..

Ruelj4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I am having the same problem. Tech said FDRS shows everything updated, yet no blue cruise showing in sync “about” screen and it is obviously not working. Tomorrow will be the fourth day they have had it. I can definetely see that the tech is frustrated. I’ll update if I get a resolution.
So, two days ago I got 2.8.3 through OTA. Still no Blue Cruise As best I can tell the dealership was only able to get me up to 2.6. I still do not have Blue Cruise, but do have an expiration date of 10/09/2022 showing in “about SYNC” which does not make any sense if the first year is supposed to be free.
I can turn the bed/tailgate camera on while driving so I definitely got 2.8. Is it possible of the system to skip OTA updates and that I never got the previous Blue Cruise prep software? If so, will the OTA system automatically fix this?
So far Ford customer service has not been much help. Allegedly they forwarded my case to the next level, but I heard that 11 months ago when I did not get my 44,000 points, yet still no points. Although they did give me 11,000 points because I had numerous issues with the system initially.

Sponsored

mikeitmobile

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Limited 2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Tech
So, two days ago I got 2.8.3 through OTA. Still no Blue Cruise As best I can tell the dealership was only able to get me up to 2.6. I still do not have Blue Cruise, but do have an expiration date of 10/09/2022 showing in “about SYNC” which does not make any sense if the first year is supposed to be free.
I can turn the bed/tailgate camera on while driving so I definitely got 2.8. Is it possible of the system to skip OTA updates and that I never got the previous Blue Cruise prep software? If so, will the OTA system automatically fix this?
So far Ford customer service has not been much help. Allegedly they forwarded my case to the next level, but I heard that 11 months ago when I did not get my 44,000 points, yet still no points. Although they did give me 11,000 points because I had numerous issues with the system initially.
I can tell you the 10/09/2022 is the expiration of the Maps in the system hopefully that will update.

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
My 2021 F-150 King Ranch has been at the Dealer's for a week now, and that is after they installed the Blue Cruise software. It will not activate and they can't figure out why. They did an upload of the entire software again (24 hours to do it) with no results. My Ford Pass connected services never showed Blue Cruise availability. And now I saw a post that some trucks will not be available with Blue Cruise or Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0. I hope someone will get their problem resolved and post the solution to help out the dealers.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2021 F-150 King Ranch has been at the Dealer's for a week now, and that is after they installed the Blue Cruise software. It will not activate and they can't figure out why. They did an upload of the entire software again (24 hours to do it) with no results. My Ford Pass connected services never showed Blue Cruise availability. And now I saw a post that some trucks will not be available with Blue Cruise or Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0. I hope someone will get their problem resolved and post the solution to help out the dealers.
Hi there! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so that I can look into this concern? Thank you!

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
Hi there! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so that I can look into this concern? Thank you!
My VIN is 1FTFW1EDXMFB54163 and the dealer is Ford Sill-TerHar Motors in Broomfield, CO

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I dont know why its so hard for them. Your situation.. You have two more APIM updates. There is one available NOW.. Once they do that another APIM will be available.

Your IPC needs to be configured also. That is a issue. They need to run config on the IPC AFTER! AFTER they update the APIM to JV.. the final APIM version should be 22095

Once it is run config on the IPC. You have some config issues in there. You will be done after that
Sponsored