Blue Cruise Co-Pilot 360 Disappointment / Frustration

RDH

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost (ETA Mar-2021)
Beyond frustrated with the lack of information and delays related to Blue Cruise. After being sold the active 2.0 prep package I was looking forward to the capabilities of Blue Cruise for cross country travel. Ordered the truck in 2020, purchased in March 2021.

The latest update we have is delays until Q1 2022. While I am optimistic that it may be available in Q1, it surprises me how difficult it is to get a human from Ford to have any information on this at all. I'm at the point where I feel I should log a formal complaint with Ford or ask my dealer for a refund on the price of the option. I call the dealer asking for any updates and it's as if they don't know the offering exists.

If there weren't other vehicles on the road with Blue Cruise already installed/deployed I probably wouldn't be as pissed right now. Knowing that there is a form of the technology out on the road that is not accessible to paying, early adopting, customers makes me royally upset as I plan for a 5,000 mi interstate road trip.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...road-trips-bluecruise-hands-free-driving.html
Sponsored

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
The dealer can’t refund the option.
Dealer can’t do anything really. If they make it sound like they’re trying to do something, it’s just a fools errand to pacify you.
Calling the ford customer care line is your best bet, but it’s more effort than I would want to put into something that won’t happen any faster.
If ford says “Q1 2022”, then expect it maybe April.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
TBH, I am not sure what is all the fuss about BC. Is it the hands-free driving? If so, I guess because I'm older and old school, I'd rather "drive" the vehicle than let a machine drive it for me. How is it fun to sit behind a wheel and watch a computer drive for you? Not my cup of tea, I guess.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
TBH, I am not sure what is all the fuss about BC. Is it the hands-free driving? If so, I guess because I'm older and old school, I'd rather "drive" the vehicle than let a machine drive it for me. How is it fun to sit behind a wheel and watch a computer drive for you? Not my cup of tea, I guess.
While I totally get this idea of wanting to drive, but as someone who drives 45 minutes to work each day on a straight, flat, boring highway in rush hour, hands off would be really, really nice.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
The dealer can’t refund the option.
Dealer can’t do anything really. If they make it sound like they’re trying to do something, it’s just a fools errand to pacify you.
Calling the ford customer care line is your best bet, but it’s more effort than I would want to put into something that won’t happen any faster.
If ford says “Q1 2022”, then expect it maybe April.
It's funny because I thought the SAME EXACT THING with regards to basic adaptive cruise control. I never thought I would ever even turn it on when I bought my Tundra.

Fast forward to now and I wouldn't buy a daily driver without it. I added BlueCruise on my Lariat PB order if only out of curiosity

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Totally FRUSTRATED as well. Ordered Jan 2021. Delivered Mar 2021. Ordered with options to get the promised Blue Cruise 3Q 2021.

I knew from the start there would be some bumps on the road with a new model and technology. Simple things like seeing my trailer hitch or bed while moving... 2021 Super Duties could do it. Many other vehicles can do it. Having to use the trailer sensor instead of stickers. I assumed I would get these fixed with updates. In fact I was told I would get these fixed with updates. So in August when Ford started shipping F150s with cameras in motion, stickers, Blue Cruise etc. I got excited thinking these capabilities would be coming my way soon.

Nope. 2 trips Texas to Tennessee and 1 to Texas to Nebraska later... XX,XXX miles later... 5 months later... still can't check the boat trailer - truck angle at maneuvering speeds. No Blue Cruise.

I can't even get simple service done. Gave a list of warranty items to service advisor Oct 11. Emailed to check status Oct 15. Had scheduled maintenance done Oct 20. Service advisor "had not heard back" from Ford so didn't fix at that point.

So the warranty work remains undone. No Blue Cruise. For the last 2 weeks my XM presets are not working properly. My console lid won't stay open... tries to remove my fingers whenever I get into it.

And all I hear are crickets.

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Totally FRUSTRATED as well. Ordered Jan 2021. Delivered Mar 2021. Ordered with options to get the promised Blue Cruise 3Q 2021.

I knew from the start there would be some bumps on the road with a new model and technology. Simple things like seeing my trailer hitch or bed while moving... 2021 Super Duties could do it. Many other vehicles can do it. Having to use the trailer sensor instead of stickers. I assumed I would get these fixed with updates. In fact I was told I would get these fixed with updates. So in August when Ford started shipping F150s with cameras in motion, stickers, Blue Cruise etc. I got excited thinking these capabilities would be coming my way soon.

Nope. 2 trips Texas to Tennessee and 1 to Texas to Nebraska later... XX,XXX miles later... 5 months later... still can't check the boat trailer - truck angle at maneuvering speeds. No Blue Cruise.

I can't even get simple service done. Gave a list of warranty items to service advisor Oct 11. Emailed to check status Oct 15. Had scheduled maintenance done Oct 20. Service advisor "had not heard back" from Ford so didn't fix at that point.

So the warranty work remains undone. No Blue Cruise. For the last 2 weeks my XM presets are not working properly. My console lid won't stay open... tries to remove my fingers whenever I get into it.

And all I hear are crickets.
For what it's worth, I spoke with Ford Customer line today when dealing with my nonstop problems with CarPlay.

I was told that blue cruise would be released "this year, in the upcoming months". I asked if he meant Q1 and he said "this year".

:(

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Do you use cruise control? What do you think about automatic transmissions? I'm old too and when I pay for something I expect to get it as promised.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
Do you use cruise control? What do you think about automatic transmissions? I'm old too and when I pay for something I expect to get it as promised.
So you paid for the prep package and it wasn't installed? because you have not paid for the BC software yet.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Do you use cruise control? What do you think about automatic transmissions?
Irrelevant comparison. CC doesn't take driving from you, it just helps you and your foot.

I wish they offered F-150 with manual tranny.

I'm old too and when I pay for something I expect to get it as promised.
Not arguing about that, you are 100% correct on this one.

Was just asking what does BC do. Seems like with BC all you do is sit in the vehicle and let the chips do the work for you. Unlike cruise control, BC takes driving from you. Completely.
As I said - not my cup of tea. I love driving.

Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I fell the same way, its almost like a bait and switch, I traded in my 2019 Limited, ordered my 2021 in January and took delivery in March, bought the new truck because of BlueCruise, I live in Key West, Florida and have a cabin up in the mountains of North Carolina, its about 1000 mile drive, 16 hours each way and about 95 percent of the trip is on BC compatible highway.

Ford can't say when BC will be available nor when the OTA problems will be worked out, and each time you talk to someone you get a different story. I called to complain a couple of weeks ago and the Ford rep told me to take the truck to my dealership and all would be taken care, all OTA's and make BC functional, took the truck to the dealership and called Ford once I got it back because nothing changed with my truck and they said I shouldn't have taken the truck in for repairs because there is no fix for our problems.

Ridiculous that we can't get a straight story or an official word from Ford

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Irrelevant comparison. CC doesn't take driving from you, it just helps you and your foot.

I wish they offered F-150 with manual tranny.

Not arguing about that, you are 100% correct on this one.

Was just asking what does BC do. Seems like with BC all you do is sit in the vehicle and let the chips do the work for you. Unlike cruise control, BC takes driving from you. Completely.
As I said - not my cup of tea. I love driving.
All BC does is take your hands off the wheel the same CC takes your foot off the pedal. It doesn’t take driving from you, who do you think the liability falls on if an accident occurs while using BC or CC?

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
I agree with all the complaints here. Bought with the active prep in June, expecting BC by Q3. No updates, nothing. As far as I know, my vehicle hasn’t updated once since I got it.

My complaints to Ford have gone nowhere. I have a dealer appointment to look at the updates issue in January and don’t expect much to actually get fixed.

I love the “idea” of what this truck could have been, what I was promised when I ordered it, but in reality, as soon as Ford had my money, it’s been nothing but frustrating.

I’m hoping something will happen, whether it be a class action, or shareholder activism or something.

catskills837

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
Registered Nurse
For what it's worth, I spoke with Ford Customer line today when dealing with my nonstop problems with CarPlay.

I was told that blue cruise would be released "this year, in the upcoming months". I asked if he meant Q1 and he said "this year".

:(
I added it to my Lariat 502a when ordered in October 2021, it worked from day one upon pickup. I use it regularly
Sponsored