First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
My truck is going in on Thursday to hopefully get Bluecruise working, but I've noticed a weird issue with the sound in my 8 speaker B&O. Fwiw I just bought my truck used with 10k miles on it. Recently I noticed When listening to podcasts in my truck that it sounds like either a roof speaker or drivers sider rear door speaker is blown. Listening to music I don't hear a thing. It's just with podcasts. I haven't noticed it on bluetooth calls either. Do you think it's a software or hardware issue? Have people been blowing out speakers?
Sponsored

Beercity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 701a F150 | 20 Escape hybrid | 13 Escape
Occupation
Dude Named Ben
Is it all podcasts or specific podcasts?
Not all podcasts are created equal.
Some podcasts use crappy microphones along with compression of the mp3 files for quick uploads to the hosting service.

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
Speaker is not blown...it has something to do with the way B&O has mixed certain frequencys to play in the overhead speakers. I had it happen once on a particular song I was playing loudly. Kind of a crackly sound that was overly annoying. Went to next song problem fixed.

OP
OP

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real estate
I'll have to play around some more with it. I'm using the Google's podcast app. I mainly listen to Adam Carolla's podcast which I believe is a better produced one in a studio.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
When one suffers an audio anomaly when listening to a particular source and can't replicate it with other sources .... it's a very strong indicator that the problem is related to that source.

IMO your best source for testing speaker issues independent of other system factors is high-quality original CD recordings ripped to USB flash drive as a FLAC format file and playing back via the plugged-in USB drive source. That's the cleanest / least-compromised "source" you can use on these audio systems (with or without B&O).

There are many things that can compromise sound quality when listening to wireless, Bluetooth, satellite / XM, or over-the-air sources and are often totally unrelated to the vehicle's amplifier / speaker performance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real estate
What's odd is my habits haven't changed in years. Listening to these same podcast in my 2015 F150 as fine. No issues win my 2021 RAM 1500 with the upgraded stereo option, no issue in my 2019 Mustang with the B&O. Just in my F150. That's why I assumed it was truck and not source.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
What's odd is my habits haven't changed in years. Listening to these same podcast in my 2015 F150 as fine. No issues win my 2021 RAM 1500 with the upgraded stereo option, no issue in my 2019 Mustang with the B&O. Just in my F150. That's why I assumed it was truck and not source.
The diference could well be "the truck" while not being related to the speakers or amplifier components. Other 'source-related' components particularly in play when listening to a podcast are the truck's antenna / receiver, or the truck's signal-handling circuits if receiving via an external device, Bluetooth connection, etc, etc. Those are some of the factors eliminated by the test I suggest if one wants to evaluate the speakers (and amp) alone as much as possible.

I only focused on that aspect of the matter because your initial post focused on the speakers as the potential source of the issue. There may well be other components in the truck's audio-component-chain when using your podcast source which are not meeting your expectations.

That recognition may not provide a ready solution to your problem, but may help avoid needless expenditure of effort or dollars relating to speakers.
Sponsored