First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I'm curious if anyone has seen or themselves put a platinum grill on a lariat? Is this even possible?

I really like the platinum grill but was thinking of blacking it out and putting it in my lariat when I get it. Just checking if it's been done (so I can see it) and also to see what people thought.
Sponsored

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
All the grilles are interchaneable, except for Raptor, and Tremor (I think).

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I'm curious if anyone has seen or themselves put a platinum grill on a lariat? Is this even possible?

I really like the platinum grill but was thinking of blacking it out and putting it in my lariat when I get it. Just checking if it's been done (so I can see it) and also to see what people thought.
I put a BAP Lariat grill on my XLT. Pretty much a direct bolt on, and took about an hour to do. The only snag I ran into was the 4 large clip studs the louver plate bolts to on the new grill rotated in the sockets so I had to pull them from the chrome XLT grill and installed them on the Lariat grill.

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
I put a BAP Lariat grill on my XLT. Pretty much a direct bolt on, and took about an hour to do. The only snag I ran into was the 4 large clip studs the louver plate bolts to on the new grill rotated in the sockets so I had to pull them from the chrome XLT grill and installed them on the Lariat grill.
Would you please share a picture? Curious to see how it aligns at the top since the BAP hoods are straight where they met the grille instead of curved.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Would you please share a picture? Curious to see how it aligns at the top since the BAP hoods are straight where they met the grille instead of curved.
I might have to take a better picture of it , but you probably can see it lines up fine.

Ford F-150 Blacked out Platinum grill on lariat? F150 grill

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
That looks like a Lariat Sport grille, not a BAP grille.
You know, it might be. Got it off fleabay for under $200 bucks ands it said BAP/sport Lariat grill. Think the only real difference is the BAP is painted black and the sport is grey/black plastic.

Either way it looks better than the chrome XLT grill. :ROFLMAO:

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
You know, it might be. Got it off fleabay for under $200 bucks ands it said BAP/sport Lariat grill. Think the only real difference is the BAP is painted black and the sport is grey/black plastic.
They're actually quite different and I think you made a good choice going with the Sport grille. There is a gap at the top of the BAP grille for the hood latch that would be visible with your style hood, which is also the reason why I didn't swap mine out. Plus it's gloss black and doesn't really match the wheels and fender emblem of the Sport model.

Ford F-150 Blacked out Platinum grill on lariat? s-l500

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
They're actually quite different and I think you made a good choice going with the Sport grille. There is a gap at the top of the BAP grille for the hood latch that would be visible with your style hood, which is also the reason why I didn't swap mine out. Plus it's gloss black and doesn't really match the wheels and fender emblem of the Sport model.

s-l500.jpg
Well, good to know on that. Mine definitely does not have that cutout or the rectangular design at the outer edges like the one you posted. For sure a lucky one on my part cause I would not have liked having the notch being visible.
Sponsored