Sponsored

Black Paint = Hot Truck - What are your go to mitigation tips?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
No receipt, no proof they did it. Cash under the table, they will do whatever you want.
Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
My 2014 335i currently has Xpel XR Plus with 70% on the windshield and 55% all around. It is mostly garaged and it is my track car so I didn't want to go with tint that was so dark that a car behind me can't see through my windows on the track.

If I had a vehicle like a pickup that was going to be parked outside for most of its life, I would probably opt for 55% on the windshield/rear windows and 35% on the front side windows. I wouldn't want to reduce night time visibility by too much.

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
I got XPEL XR+ on all the windows, even the windshield. The windshield is the lightest tint they make. The ceramic tint blocks the UV rays wonderfully. It is significantly cooler in my truck now, but tint does nothing for the ambient temperature though. If it's hot, it's hot.

twburch15

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Ceramic tint all around and I have 5% sides and 50% windshield. It's not a big issue when I daily the truck since I park it in a garage. At home, it sits outside but doesn't get anywhere as hot as my other vehicles even without the sunshade.
You have any other photos of the tint? Specifically the windshield. I'm headed to the tint shop next week and am thinking of doing this exactly. I just want to make sure the windshield looks dark enough. This is my first time tinting a vehicle so I've been doing a lot of research and your truck definitely stands out!
Sponsored