Sponsored

Black Paint = Hot Truck - What are your go to mitigation tips?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Yes sir. Heres what it looks like tinted from the inside. The ceramic film has 97% IR rejection. Very little heat coming through. No degradation in radio or cell signal with ceramic. The old metallic films did however. Get a new tint guy.......
IMG_3768.jpg
i am making a call today

my tint guy that i have used for long long time quoted 155 to ceramic tint the pano roof

i have to run a kitchen pass now 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

maxis1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
i am making a call today

my tint guy that i have used for long long time quoted 155 to ceramic tint the pano roof

i have to run a kitchen pass now 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗
Local guy in PA quoted me $150 per panel of the pano roof so $300 for the whole thing ceramic.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I love how sharp black looks, unfortunately it comes with some nasty extra heat inside. Looking for any tips you might have to reduce the amount of heat you get.

Things I'm considering so far...
Ceramic coat tint on the sunroof
vent shades to leave the windows cracked

Cheers!
possibly have the flat part of the roof wrapped in brushed stainless?

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Unfortunately the police around me have a thing about pulling people over for tint on the regular and its $250/ticket. Strange question for you, I was at a tint shop today and they told me they don't do ceramic because it negatively impacts cell signal. Do you notice this being an issue? I thought that sounded a bit "off".

Yeah...that's a little off. I have no issues with cell reception in my truck even when I had the ATT mobile wifi hotspot activated.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I think the only real way to lower interior temperatures is to block the sun from hitting the truck; especially the interior. Alas, parking in the shade isn't always possible. A reflective cab hood would be really good and dorky looking. With time the interior is going to heat up. I combat this with remote start. Mechanically cool the truck with 15 minutes of air con. The Powerboost is fantastic at this.

Sponsored

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
I'm in south florida, so I'm no stranger to just how unbelievably hot it can get down here; especially without tint. I don't park in shade very often. I have nano ceramic tint all around. I think 35% on the windshield and 15% everywhere else. Back seats and rear glass were smoked from factory, so they're darker than 15% but still very easy to see out of day or night. Seeing inside is a different story. It does keeps the truck from getting unbearable. 100 degrees outside with humidity and it's no problem. I also use remote start just about every time I'm about to leave somewhere and leave the AC at a reasonable temp so it cools down before I climb in. But I've tried out the effectiveness of the tint after being Florida sun for hours. It's night and day compared to no tint.

I do like that the nano ceramic reflects a lot of light as well. When I'm in my truck and my windows are up, my eyes relax as if I have my polarized sunglasses on. I normally wear them everywhere, but I can take them off in my truck and my eyes feel very relaxed. If I open my window though, I have to throw them back on as I can feel the strain from the sunlight.

No cell reception issues at all.

Last edited:

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
i leave sunroof sun shade deployed all the time. wish i didnt have the sunroof, but it is what it is
Ever since my '86 Jetta and going to San Diego State... I have had a sunroof in my autos for this exact reason. Heat rises and I lift up the soon roof in my truck almost always. (Antimatter Blue) so dark its almost black. Getting in the truck is never going to be an icebox, but it sure makes a world of difference.

rtf150

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Agate Black 501A FX4 Powerboost
Ever since my '86 Jetta and going to San Diego State... I have had a sunroof in my autos for this exact reason. Heat rises and I lift up the soon roof in my truck almost always. (Antimatter Blue) so dark its almost black. Getting in the truck is never going to be an icebox, but it sure makes a world of difference.
I always drive black vehicles. Ceramic tint is a difference maker IMO. Current truck with no sunroof is cooler IMO. When I had the pano I put ceramic tint on it. Wife has a black odyssey and my son a black pilot. All with ceramic. The wife won’t drive a vehicle now without it. The ceramic makes an even bigger difference on longer drives.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I always drive black vehicles. Ceramic tint is a difference maker IMO. Current truck with no sunroof is cooler IMO. When I had the pano I put ceramic tint on it. Wife has a black odyssey and my son a black pilot. All with ceramic. The wife won’t drive a vehicle now without it. The ceramic makes an even bigger difference on longer drives.
Ok, thanks I'll look into it.
Augusts in CdA, ID are easy over 100°.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I'm in south florida, so I'm no stranger to just how unbelievably hot it can get down here; especially without tint. I don't park in shade very often. I have nano ceramic tint all around. I think 35% on the windshield and 15% everywhere else. Back seats and rear glass were smoked from factory, so they're darker than 15% but still very easy to see out of day or night. Seeing inside is a different story. It does keeps the truck from getting unbearable. 100 degrees outside with humidity and it's no problem. I also use remote start just about every time I'm about to leave somewhere and leave the AC at a reasonable temp so it cools down before I climb in. But I've tried out the effectiveness of the tint after being Florida sun for hours. It's night and day compared to no tint.

I do like that the nano ceramic reflects a lot of light as well. When I'm in my truck and my windows are up, my eyes relax as if I have my polarized sunglasses on. I normally wear them everywhere, but I can take them off in my truck and my eyes feel very relaxed. If I open my window though, I have to throw them back on as I can feel the strain from the sunlight.

No cell reception issues at all.
Yeah, agree 100000%. Florida in December is 85 degrees, endless summer. Can't go outside without sunglasses during daytime or you can't even open your eyes. Must have ceramic on all glass. And if you get a sunroof in Florida without ceramic, plan to have to wear sunscreen to go grocery shopping. Another reason so many vehicles in FL are white. Try touching a black vehicle in the sun for a minute and you're burn your hands.

Ford F-150 Black Paint = Hot Truck - What are your go to mitigation tips? too-beautiful-sun

Below: 70% on the windshield, rear doors, and back glass. 20% on the two front doors.

Ford F-150 Black Paint = Hot Truck - What are your go to mitigation tips? 1685872217373

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I use the pop-in window shades on the driver and passenger sides of the truck and only remove the driver one when heading out on the road. It blocks the sun where I leave my truck parked at my house. A roll-up front reflective sunshield for the front window. No moonroof to worry about as I dislike them.

When not planning to drive the truck for a few days or longer I put a cover on that covers the cab and the front engine area. This keeps the cab cooler and protects the upholstery. As it does not cover the rear half of the truck it is smaller and stores in less space when not in use and is much easier for one person to put on or take off.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Unfortunately the police around me have a thing about pulling people over for tint on the regular and its $250/ticket. Strange question for you, I was at a tint shop today and they told me they don't do ceramic because it negatively impacts cell signal. Do you notice this being an issue? I thought that sounded a bit "off".
now THATS a first LOL

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Spokane Sunscreen up here tells their customers, "Sorry we can legally only go (so dark), but if you pay cash we can do that percentage"...
And I'm luck, "the heck???? What if that dude was a cop???"
Sponsored