Sponsored

Ktmguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum BAP
That truck was a BAP until Ford performance got their hands on it. Those emblems are not the standard BAP they are a performance part. The tailgate had a black panel across it and that does not come on bap except for platinum, and the wheels were different. If you want the black chrome talk to Ford Performance, don't order the standard bap vents.
There is a whole thread on the BAP package and this truck popped up. Multiple employees have said it looks very little like a BAP and there are real BAP pictures on the tread.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Those are the Factory BAP fender vents, sorry there not black chrome there gloss black (too much light at show)
my apologies Ford Doctored up am STX trim and put the higher trim front grille and rear tailgate Applique. If you wanna see the ford performance or Accessories fender vents a guy has a set of them for sale on here right now

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I actually purchased the Air Design Fender Vents from Ford during the 20% off sale.

I will say I'm disappointed they just stick on instead of using clips like OEM, very expensive for stick ons. I may try and fashion some better mounts, knowing I'll probably void the warranty though.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I actually purchased the Air Design Fender Vents from Ford during the 20% off sale.

I will say I'm disappointed they just stick on instead of using clips like OEM, very expensive for stick ons. I may try and fashion some better mounts, knowing I'll probably void the warranty though.
You got a picture with them installed? I was looking at these, but they are sold out everywhere.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
You got a picture with them installed? I was looking at these, but they are sold out everywhere.

I do not yet as I'm still waiting on the truck.

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
DON'T DO IT!!!
I had a set of these on my Ranger Tremor I washed and prepped everything on about a 70 degree day and took extra care to get a good bond, anyways long story short, I came back from hitting the trails one day to find they both and just fell out of the fenders. The tape they use is so small and barley grabs any of the fender and with no clips your SOL when they decide to fall out... needless to say there went $200 out the window...

Last edited:

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
DON'T DO IT!!!
I had a set of these on my Ranger Tremor I washed and prepped everything on about a 70 degree day and took extra care to get a good bond, anyways long story short, I came back from hitting the trails one day to find they both and just fell out of the fenders. The tape they use is so small and barley grabs any of the fender and with no clips your SOL when they decide to fall out... needless to say there went $200 out the window...

You're reinforcing what I'm already feeling.

Think I have two options.

1. Pay the dealer to install, that way it will be covered by Ford warranty and ESP based on the documentation provided (it should be covered without dealer install, but a crumb trail make for better insurance).

2. Use a two part epoxy to bond some nylon bolts/studs to the back of it and secure them with nuts/washers and a little rubber cement (this'll probably void the "warranty" on the vent, but I won't exit the truck or a store and just find them missing)

Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Is there part #'s for the fender vents / oval's from the BAP yet?

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 lariat chrome 3.5 - 2022 lariat sport 3.5
like the taillights black accents... was piddling with mine tonight, covered the clear brake area with red, really want to lose the amber turn signals- may try covering those with same red film as brake section and see if they look odd colored with the amber behind red...if not may red out all the clear, just leave a 'window' for backup light, then tint the chrome part... decisions, decisions LOL
really do like the black accent tails- they shoulda put those on the sports in my opinion, as everything else is black...
Sponsored