Sponsored

Black Ford Emblems / Logos?

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Still haven’t had time to get my front emblem on with the weather in Texas but I grabbed a shot of the tailgate. Here you go.

Ford F-150 Black Ford Emblems / Logos? 32728F80-A666-4A51-BBA1-93D65C954C03
Sponsored

midwestxlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Thanks for sharing. I’ve been watching this cause I’d like to do this. Haven’t decided if I wanna do the chrome n black or try and find a blacked out one on my black truck. Did you have to pull tailgate apart to install? If so I’ll wanna do that before I get the spray liner.

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Thanks for sharing. I’ve been watching this cause I’d like to do this. Haven’t decided if I wanna do the chrome n black or try and find a blacked out one on my black truck. Did you have to pull tailgate apart to install? If so I’ll wanna do that before I get the spray liner.
They most likely won’t do your tailgate as it’s already plastic. I’ll post links the overlays I bought below. Though now I’m leasing so I’m not sure if they’ll allow me to put them on, I was initially looking at financing.

Front and back vinyl overlays.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/852770019/ford-f150-2015-2021-emblem-overlay-badge?ref=yr_purchases

Matching steering wheel emblem overlay
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/791530087/ford-steering-wheel-air-bag-overlay?ref=yr_purchases

FX4 vinyl sticker, to match. Went with the matte metallic black, so the whites are cutout and therefore the bliss black truck would come between the letters.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/795807489/ford-fx4-off-road-f150-f250-vinyl-decal?ref=yr_purchases

All from the same guy so the colours will match well on my black truck. Once again not sure they’ll allow the decal if I lease (which means taking off the factory decal as well). I’ve already bought them and they are in the mail, can’t wait to see them either way, even if they don’t allow me to use them. They should be here just before the truck.

Last edited:

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Remove the panels on the backside of the tailgate and then remove the nuts off the back of the emblem. They take a little work to get to but with the right wrench, they’ll come out. Take a screwdriver and release the retaining clips. I think I used 3 screwdrivers to help get it started. Then take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat up the back side to loosen the adhesive. Then start to apply pressure from the backside and slowly work it loose. The adhesive is the last thing to free up. Clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol and pop the new one in.

midwestxlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Remove the panels on the backside of the tailgate and then remove the nuts off the back of the emblem. They take a little work to get to but with the right wrench, they’ll come out. Take a screwdriver and release the retaining clips. I think I used 3 screwdrivers to help get it started. Then take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat up the back side to loosen the adhesive. Then start to apply pressure from the backside and slowly work it loose. The adhesive is the last thing to free up. Clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol and pop the new one in.
Perfect thanks a bunch. I found a ton of YouTube clips saying pretty much how you described. I’ll definitely want to do this before they spray my tailgate.

Sponsored

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I can confirm the first link is a direct replacement for my 2021 XLT. Not an easy project but doable. I’ll get a better pic in the daylight

70E50EF3-667D-454A-9742-DB795A3DBBCD.jpeg

2ABCB97A-1EA3-47B4-BA1B-1F299AEBB6A4.jpeg

F04EA524-7181-408C-9C54-B5E383232C53.jpeg
Looks good. Does the painted panel just above the bumper come off like the previous generation ? Guessing the assembly points are the same. Planning to tackle it next weekend.

midwestxlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Yup 2-7mm screws on each side and you work it off from the ends. Prolly took me the longest as I wasn’t sure what I was doing. It sounds a little scary as you work it but I didn’t break anything. I could prolly do it in a 1/3 of the time now.

SCombs12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Designer
Does anyone know if there are any Black Ford Logos released yet for the 21 F-150?? Fordparts.com says the 2020 ones will not work on 21 so my guess is different size. Either replacements or vinyl overlay? I have used the Stage3 ones on my previous trucks but do not see 21's released yet.
I designed the OEM ones. Last gen 18+ will fit the 21s, but the front cameras are different between the last gen and now (analog vs digital). Tailgate badge has been the same since 2015.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I designed the OEM ones. Last gen 18+ will fit the 21s, but the front cameras are different between the last gen and now (analog vs digital). Tailgate badge has been the same since 2015.
My dealer ordered the 2020 and earlier ones with camera for mine to be installed when it gets delivered. Are you saying those will not fit?

Sponsored

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford