Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Honest opinion on seeing these photos…to me this package is kinda cheap looking. I dont know what it is about it, but it screams cheap not premium. Maybe i just need to see more up close and different angles. The Superduty blackout package in comparison looks premium, maybe that’s why it is exactly 3X the cost of this one.

Could it be the reason nobody on this thread is saying WOW, this is one good looking truck.
I want to see something formal in terms of offerings.

I hate the grille. I'm going to be spending 80k on a Platinum trim and the grille is painfully dull, and it's on all three trims. I may be going back to chrome.
Sponsored

Streeter75

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Explorer/ordered 2022 F150
I want to see something formal in terms of offerings.

I hate the grille. I'm going to be spending 80k on a Platinum trim and the grille is painfully dull, and it's on all three trims. I may be going back to chrome.
I agree. I want to see more than a picture in a guide before I make any changes, but my initial impressions aren’t great. For the money I am spending on a Platinum trim, I was expecting something a little more. But as someone pointed out earlier, the BAP is a relatively inexpensive package, so it maybe what it is. Likely will know more whenever Ford actually updates the Build & Price application on their site. Hopefully that will be soon.

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Custom home builder
Would much rather have the wheels powder coated black than painted, It would hold up much better.
Agreed....Along with black lugs. Not sure why Ford does not include black lugs with the "blackish" rims. In fact, I am looking for a set of Gorilla's for my recently delivered XLT Sport

Sponsored

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
I’ve reluctantly given up on my hopes for a Play with the BAP and changed my order to a Lariat sport. Too bad. That was the one package bright side from being kicked from the 2021 build.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I’ve reluctantly given up on my hopes for a Play with the BAP and changed my order to a Lariat sport. Too bad. That was the one package bright side from being kicked from the 2021 build.
I, too, reluctantly gave up on it. I also removed wheel well liners, spray in bed liner and added auto start/stop to try to speed things up. Optimistically hoping to get scheduled in the next week or two considering I'm priority 10 and ordered a 2.7 (allegedly quick scheduling for that motor).

llsjubal

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Explorer (ordering F150 Lariat in Nov)
Hey yall,

I just talked to my dealer about ordering a Lariat with the black package and was told it is not available on the Lariat. But only available on the Limited. I was planning on getting the 6.5' bed, super crew with either the hybrid or standard 3.5 eco. He said the BAP was available but changed with the last order guide. The reluctantly gave me Xplan pricing so I don't really want to argue with them.

Last edited:

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 W/BAP
Hey yall,

I just talked to my dealer about ordering a Lariat with the black package and was told it is not available on the Lariat. Only on the limited. Did I see in this forum that it is not to be combined with the 3.5l ecoboost?
Its available on the Platinum, told I won't see it till mid to late summer

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
Hey yall,

I just talked to my dealer about ordering a Lariat with the black package and was told it is not available on the Lariat. But only available on the Limited. I was planning on getting the 6.5' bed, super crew with either the hybrid or standard 3.5 eco. He said the BAP was available but changed with the last order guide. The reluctantly gave me Xplan pricing so I don't really want to argue with them.
BAP didn’t change. It’s still “available for a Lariat” but it was switched to late avail from the original order guide. It’s the 6.5 bed that won’t allow you to order it. Add the sport package and you will still get rid of the chrome.

Sponsored

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
Its available on the Platinum, told I won't see it till mid to late summer
Just heard the same from my dealer, ordered BAP on platinum October 7th. My 15 Xlt with 160k still holding up, so I’m going to wait it out. Guess I’m lucky to have that option

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
So basically tremor everything in gloss black? Other than platinum wheels. Curious to see the interior because I think my Lariat sport interior is lame and wish I'd seen it before putting money down on it. Otherwise this is just Tremor/Raptor headlights and taillights, Tremor rear bumper, Tremor, painted Tremor grille and Tremor hood. Only comes in CCSB config. Might as well call it the Tremor appearance package, haha.

Not Sure

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
Print
I, too, reluctantly gave up on it. I also removed wheel well liners, spray in bed liner and added auto start/stop to try to speed things up. Optimistically hoping to get scheduled in the next week or two considering I'm priority 10 and ordered a 2.7 (allegedly quick scheduling for that motor).
Are wheel well liners an issue? I removed the BAP, but added liners.

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Are wheel well liners an issue? I removed the BAP, but added liners.
Everyone seems to be removing the BAP. what is the best way to get exactly what is happening, what is causing the delay and how many months are we talking here?

AndehM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tacoma, 2022 F-150 (on order)
I will probably also drop the BAP in my order, but am waiting for the '22 Ford website to go live so I can see the interior colors. If Lariat Atlas Blue gets the ugly black & red sport interior that Velocity Blue had, then I'll want to change my paint color too. The only reason I ordered the BAP was to get around the interior color.
Sponsored