First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Thank you for the pictures. The website build pictures are OK, but these pictures are far more helpful. The downside is that I'm even more excited for my truck to arrive at some unknown date in the future.

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
If this truck came with a platinum grill but blacked out it would have been my choice.

The fact it loses the nice grill made me not want it.

Other than that the BAP Platinum is super nice, just wish it came with a platinum grill....

Hard to tell its not a lariat

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Frankly I don't see the point of ordering a platinum this way, save your cash and buy a lower trim BAP.

Sponsored

Ronin1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XL STX SuperCrew 4x4 5.0 Avalanche
Hate the wheels on the BAP trucks. They look like cheap work truck wheels that have been spray-painted black. Horrible.

OP
OP
Westy76

Westy76

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
I also don't like the grill or the wheels. I do like the bumper, exhaust, body color mirrors, smoked lights, brushed side metal blade. I really wish I could make the bumper/exhaust change to a Powerboost. I don't think it's possible but if anyone knows better, that would be great.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
og! I never noticed the grill was gloss. I thought it was more satin like the sport package. I don't like that either about that BAP.

I really wish they had done a satin black version of the platinum grill. I'm still contemplating buying one and having it painted. The SAP one isn't horrible though so for now I'm keeping it as is.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
As somebody with a platinum on order... have to echo a lot of the comments here....

To my understanding, the only exterior difference between a Lariat (or XLT) BAP vs a Platinum BAP is the tailgate.

They should have, IMO, "blacked out" portion(s) of the platinum/KR grille

MallCrawler

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Maxima, 2022 Tremor on order
As somebody with a platinum on order... have to echo a lot of the comments here....

To my understanding, the only exterior difference between a Lariat (or XLT) BAP vs a Platinum BAP is the tailgate.

They should have, IMO, "blacked out" portion(s) of the platinum/KR grille
And as a Tremor owner, I couldn't agree more.

The problem they created for themselves in lifting the tremor hood is the Tremor grill is the only one designed for it, so in addition to diluting the Tremor look into meaninglessness they're going to have 5 or 6 different trim level trucks rolling around looking virtually indistinguishable from one another.

Yeah it's immature but I'm pretty annoyed anyway. 🤣

Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Meh. Dislike the grill, like the hood, love the black chrome, LOVE the tailgate, dislike the rims.

I wish I could remove the option. But since I have a super high priority number I can't change anything even though I still don't have a VIN with 5/1 being my one year anniversary of my original order. They are trying to downgrade my priority to allow changes and then reprioritize me. But that has been going on for a few months with no development, at least none that has been communicated to me.

Last edited:

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
og! I never noticed the grill was gloss. I thought it was more satin like the sport package. I don't like that either about that BAP.

I really wish they had done a satin black version of the platinum grill. I'm still contemplating buying one and having it painted. The SAP one isn't horrible though so for now I'm keeping it as is.
Buy a platinum grille and sell the BAP grille. Problem solved. A lot easier and cheaper than getting rid of all the cheap looking plastic chrome.

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
And as a Tremor owner, I couldn't agree more.

The problem they created for themselves in lifting the tremor hood is the Tremor grill is the only one designed for it, so in addition to diluting the Tremor look into meaninglessness they're going to have 5 or 6 different trim level trucks rolling around looking virtually indistinguishable from one another.

Yeah it's immature but I'm pretty annoyed anyway. 🤣
As a Tremor owner, I agree with you that's it's annoying they designed the BAP based off our parts. But standard F150 grilles are still interchangeable with the Tremor hood so I bought a limited and Fraptor grille for mine.

MallCrawler

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Maxima, 2022 Tremor on order
As a Tremor owner, I agree with you that's it's annoying they designed the BAP based off our parts. But standard F150 grilles are still interchangeable with the Tremor hood so I bought a limited and Fraptor grille for mine.
That's what I get for repeating unverified claims lol.

Even more shameful of Ford to copy paste the same grille across trims then. Would love to know wtf they're thinking.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
This is a let down for the Platty BAP guys. Like we couldn’t get the Platinum grille pained gloss black ?
Sponsored